What Does Record Low Migration From Mexico Mean for Immigration Reform?

Full story: Daily Kos
In what could be an historic event, the number of unauthorized immigrants coming from Mexico to the United States has fallen drastically in recent years-dropping from 525,000 annually in 2000-2004 to fewer than 100,000 in 2010. Read more
Fed Up Vet

Herndon, VA

#1 Jul 11, 2011
I guess if conditions are so good in Mexico and so bad here, there would be no objections to deporting all Mexicans that are currently illegally in this country. They obviously can now support their families better in Mexico.
Joe

El Paso, TX

#2 Jul 11, 2011
It means the Obama administration told them to pretend the rates are down.

Yet look at Juarez, about a third of that city has hightailed it over to the USA.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guadalajara, Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Some Mexicans leaving US, planning never to return (Dec '08) Nov '14 llt 15,728
News What in-state tuition means for one undocumente... (May '14) Jun '14 I Want I Want 10
News Davis parishioners shocked, sad after pastor ar... (May '14) May '14 lol 3
News Mexican shoppers head to Texas to avoid higher tax (Nov '13) Feb '14 the looser 2
News Mexican charged in San Diego campaign finance case (Feb '14) Feb '14 too 1
News Canadian couple slain in Mexican retirement com... (Feb '14) Feb '14 umm 1
News DEA Targets Mexican Drug Trafficking (Jan '14) Jan '14 Register 1
More from around the web