Cities Into Ghost Towns: Eunice Adorn...

Cities Into Ghost Towns: Eunice Adorno in Guadalajara, Mexico

There are 2 comments on the New Yorker story from Jun 30, 2012, titled Cities Into Ghost Towns: Eunice Adorno in Guadalajara, Mexico. In it, New Yorker reports that:

In this week's issue, William Finnegan writes about the drug war in Guadalajara , and the steady westward march of the Zetas, "the most feared organized-crime group in Mexico," into what had previously been one of the country's safer cities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New Yorker.

Really

De Soto, KS

#1 Jun 30, 2012
The Mexican Government has to be corrupt!
Rmontanez

Chicago, IL

#2 Sep 13, 2012
It surprises me to see this much attention to photos that donot reflect what they are linked to. They are more a reflection of outskirts areas were no attention is given to common ares, the residential complex in the background is nothing but a new development to cramp up low income people also reflected in photos. They do not reflect established barrios that have ben impacted by the drug war.
There is no doubth that Drug traffiking and Zetas are causing social distress in the city but to attempt to use those amateur photos as a reflection of a city as big as Guadalajara, is simply an irresponsibility

I am under the impression that editors at the publication have more experience in journalism. So I don't undestand how this was not reviewed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guadalajara, Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mexico (Nov '15) Jan '16 Parografias 8
News The Latest: Lawyers: 'Affluenza' teen's mom did... Jan '16 Mets Fan Forever 1
News Official: 'Affluenza' teen wins 3-day delay in ... Dec '15 Donny Brook 1
News Some Mexicans leaving US, planning never to return (Dec '08) Dec '15 Fitus T Bluster 15,730
News Columbus has exotic-tasting frozen treats from ... (Jul '15) Jul '15 BIzzy Bee II 2
News Canadian couple slain in Mexican retirement com... (Feb '14) Jun '15 SantiagoMx 2
News What in-state tuition means for one undocumente... (May '14) Jun '14 I Want I Want 10
More from around the web