FBI warns of kidnappings in Tijuana

FBI warns of kidnappings in Tijuana

There are 207 comments on the Earth Times story from Feb 7, 2008, titled FBI warns of kidnappings in Tijuana. In it, Earth Times reports that:

“Some of the 26 were recovered, some were hurt and some were killed”

SAN DIEGO, Feb. 7 Federal agents said kidnappings of U.S. citizens by Mexican gangs in Tijuana, Rosarito Beach and Ensenada are becoming more common. via Earth Times

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Earth Times.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
tim

Moreno Valley, CA

#211 Dec 29, 2011
american wrote:
American or not I say stay out of Mexico. A young 25yr old man went missing three weeks ago today, when him and a buddy in broad day light were taken from a street, hands zip tied and these three men two dressed in black pants, black shirts and vest's with automatic assult riffles brought them to an abanded building. Cut off there zip ties and demanded them to undress and give them money. The boys not having any more money told them that. They did not want that answer. Long story short they let one boy go who made it back across the border BUT the other is still missing. Where is he?

Another thing I have heard recently is americans and mexicans alike are being kidnapped killed and used as drug mules. Cut open, organs taken out and stuffed with drugs. Mexico is just not safe.
Happened years ago with an American toddler. The mother went to Mexico with her child, who was subsequently kidnapped. They found the boys body gutted out and filled with drugs. The body was wrapped in a blanket and was in the back seat if a vehicle and positioned to look like he was sleeping.

“Green card?”

Since: Jan 08

Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico

#212 Dec 30, 2011
Reality;

LEÓN, GUANAJUATO

State police and Mexican military have dismantled a Knights Templar cell operating here, and captured the leader. Alejandro Medina Heredia and/or Mariano Gómez Navarro and/or Ramiro Rodríguez Conejo, alias el Cabo and/or el Lobo, 35 years, originally from Morelia, Michoacán, and considered one of the most dangerous leaders in the Knights Templar. He was caught while traveling in a car with a bodyguard. Two kidnapped victims were freed. The cell specalized in murder and kidnapping.

IGUALA, GUERRERO

The bodies of two men, butchered into pieces, was dumped and found after an anonymous tip to authorities. A narco message was left that said “All kidnapping and extortion thus ended.”

CIUDAD JUAREZ, CHIHUAHUA

For two consecutive years, Mrs. Ernestina Enriquez has been searching the streets of the city for her 15 year old daughter, missing since 2005. Between 2008 and now, over 300 girls have disappeared, with 70 per cent of those in the downtown area.

LOS MOCHIS, SINALOA**

Two municipal police officers working traffic were shot and killed whale on patrol. Juan Alonso Niebla Sandoval, 33, while Ramon Adrian Higuera Soto, died while being transferred to a local hospital. In a nearby town, another policeman was kidnapped. He was assigned as the driver for the police commander in Guayabo.

Mexican Army Rescues 21 Kidnapped Central Americans
http://tinyurl.com/7g37m3e

Crime sends chills through retiree oasis in Mexico
http://tinyurl.com/crposwk

AZ
63 arrested in ICE operation targeting criminal aliens in San Jose area
“Aliens’ histories include convictions for kidnapping, felony forgery and child sex abuse”
http://tinyurl.com/7epbyb3

Get real guy's, the cartels will do anything for money except work!
Maria la O

San Diego, CA

#213 Feb 11, 2013
Why are you all talking about the same thing over and over? Truly, Mexico could not get any dangerous. If you go there look of modest means, do not drive a cadillac or the biggest show-boat SUV. Do not take too much cash with you, they have atm's down there, and the majority of businesses will take your atm card. Don't get foolish, and don't get drunk.

Go as a family and try to be back to your motel early. Most motels have bars, and very good restaurants, especially the ones by the beach.

In other words, pretend that you are in the United States. I believe that we have more muggins, murders, and rapes here in the United States. We also have a Maffia and plety of drug dealing and drug abuse.

Stay in reality. This is no Disneyland....
Aureliano Gaeta s son

Hollywood, FL

#214 Apr 20, 2013
My father was kidnapped, ransom was paid and he has never been released or returned despite people who took the ransom money are in jail.
There are people who I have met that have a similar story so beware.
M wittman

Lake Oswego, OR

#216 Apr 25, 2013
Drug cartels are the ones who kill people. Putos cartels
JoAnn

Corona, CA

#219 Jun 3, 2013
Sad to say but all this stuff does happen even if you are going to have fun and not looking for trouble its a hit and miss ... I truly miss my family out there for the same reason I don't go down there and they are lil by lil. are moving out of tj ...
Concerned

Chihuahua, Mexico

#220 Jun 4, 2013
JoAnn wrote:
Sad to say but all this stuff does happen even if you are going to have fun and not looking for trouble its a hit and miss ... I truly miss my family out there for the same reason I don't go down there and they are lil by lil. are moving out of tj ...
What I do not understand is why you have Hispanic and other people from the USA that say it is safe to travel in Mexico. On the other hand there are many posts here in these Mexico forums that say otherwise. Like this one. When I go to El Paso many of the people that live their and are from Mexico,(I would say 80%) say they will not set foot in any part of Mexico again. That it is dangerous. You see posts like this, and when you talk to the Mexican people that are in the USA legally or illegally and they say they are scared to travel back into Mexico, and many say will absolutely not do it. These are former or Mexican citizens that are saying it. I agree. You do not know when it will hit, but it happens a lot, at some time, or in one form or another.

I say if you are going to be here. Be here knowing the risks and being able to adjust and try as best you can to stay away from problems. Become as close to being Mexican as you can. Learn as much as you can about the people and the culture. But if you come thinking there are no problems, that is when it problems happen the most. For instance, try not to take a bus if at all possible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ensenada, Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hoteles Jul '16 ed s 1
Looking 4 birth brother/Busco hermano (Sep '15) Sep '15 Mamaria 1
Redemption needed for orphans of Miracle Ranch ... (Oct '07) Jul '15 Mary 10
News Gurzi Pleads Guilty, Sentenced to 12 Years in P... (Dec '07) Jul '15 nofool 10
Roadblock (Mar '15) Mar '15 Brian 1
News New fusion cuisine flourishes in Baja California (Nov '12) Oct '14 Mike Fields 2
News Grand jury indictment reveals nearly 9-year CCS... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mike Fields 1
More from around the web