Aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan sent to help stranded cruise ship

Full story: Daily Breeze 23
Nearly 4,500 passengers and crew on a seven-day cruise to the Mexican Riviera were stranded off the coast of Mexico after an engine room fire cut power to their ship. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wait

Lakewood, CA

#1 Nov 9, 2010
It's a trap!
Vertigo

Redondo Beach, CA

#3 Nov 9, 2010
Ahhhh the Splendor of a vacation at sea with Carnival...they are the trailer trash of the cruise industry.

Sailed them twice before I was convinced!

BTW, why are taxpayers paying for a rescue ship? Will the Coast Guard or Navy send a bill?
Look Out

Sterling, VA

#4 Nov 9, 2010
You're right, a trap! Pirates have taken over the ship, and are waiting to take over the carrier when it arr-ives!

“I'll b nicer if u'll b smarter”

Since: Aug 10

LBC

#6 Nov 9, 2010
So where are all the Teapublicans now?!!? Them and Fox Noise were screaming a bunch nonsense lies that the Navy was 25 ships to India during Obama's current trip (totally made up and proven untrue) and here we have a very clear Govt. bail out of a private corporation that does not even pay taxes as their ships are not registered in the US, and not a peep out of them regarding the cost to send this aircraft carrier over to rescue a bunch of fat drunk Americans. Just how much will it cost to send a aircraft carrier off course for this BAIL OUT?!!?

Come one Teapublicans, speak up !
Captain Tom

La Puente, CA

#7 Nov 9, 2010
Spike LB wrote:
So where are all the Teapublicans now?!!? Them and Fox Noise were screaming a bunch nonsense lies that the Navy was 25 ships to India during Obama's current trip (totally made up and proven untrue) and here we have a very clear Govt. bail out of a private corporation that does not even pay taxes as their ships are not registered in the US, and not a peep out of them regarding the cost to send this aircraft carrier over to rescue a bunch of fat drunk Americans. Just how much will it cost to send a aircraft carrier off course for this BAIL OUT?!!?
Off course? What was the course before, they were probably just goofing off browsing the internet or something.
Or doing a 'training mission'. Can't they just consider this a 'training mission'?
carnival sucks

Deming, NM

#10 Nov 9, 2010
i would never recomend or travel on carnival cruise,our trip last year to mexico ended up in san frncisco,seattle and canada, every stop the weater was poor lots of rain they made u get of the ship in a rainy conditions with our kids getting soaked.the food on the cruise is the nastiest tasteing food we ever ate.the water slide was closed during our 7 days on the boat,there was human fesis floating in the kids pool,we tried to get off the boat in seatle but the captain stated that we would be fined due to some stupid law,7 days of hell on carnival and when asked for a credit they said sorry no credit,i don't know if carnival has heard of bad karma but it is cathing up to them and i hope they run in to more problems in the future for ripping us off in the amount of $3.600 very hard earned money.
carnival sucks

Deming, NM

#11 Nov 9, 2010
99.9% carnival employees are illegal nationals from asian country's,they hire thease people to save money on wages,they make so much money from american cruise passangers they should only hire usa workers that way be someone can understand english,beware don't travel with carnival because your trip will turn into a carnival,
Amazing

United States

#13 Nov 9, 2010
If US workers were hired we could not afford to take the cruise.
Relax

Los Alamitos, CA

#15 Nov 9, 2010
Spike LB wrote:
Aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan (love the sound of that) is on a humanitarian mission and only giving the stranded passengers SPAM and maybe water for survival. Surely you can find it in your cold, dark heart to help out your fellow Americans in their time of need? I wouldn't be opposed to the government charging the cruise line for reimbursement for the SPAM going rate @$3.50 each would you? Personally, I would rather go hungry than eat SPAM. As of cost of deploying the USS Ronald Reagan, taxpayers have already paid for that privilege.
Dutch

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Nov 9, 2010
Why would anyone cruise on Carnival? OK, once maybe but that should be it.

Friends don't let friends cruise with Carnival. One of the grossest and lowest class cruise lines.
NW Hominid

Auburn, WA

#17 Nov 9, 2010
Its the rickshaw of oceanic cruising...
sandgirl4

Torrance, CA

#18 Nov 9, 2010
Illegal americans in Mex waters. They will be deported back to the US ASAP.
Pffft

Redondo Beach, CA

#19 Nov 9, 2010
Toni Sweet, of San Pedro, was frustrated Tuesday after relentlessly calling the cell phone of her cousin on board and getting no answer.

IDIOT. People like this Sweet are total freaking idiots.
Brad

Hawthorne, CA

#20 Nov 9, 2010
hmm
lmao

Hawthorne, CA

#21 Nov 9, 2010
lmao
Redondo Resident

Redondo Beach, CA

#22 Nov 9, 2010
I'd go down with the ship before I ever let them bus my fat arse home through that lawless hellhole they call Mehico. With all the criminals regularly robbing passengers in cars and the pirates in the water, they'd have to helicopter me out of there. I'd even happily fly in the basket as long as they got me the heck out of there. But I'd never take a cruise that went anywhere near Mexico in the first place. BIG MISTAKE!!!
Nobody

Torrance, CA

#23 Nov 9, 2010
SPAM!
sherry

United States

#24 Nov 9, 2010
was planning a cruise in fedurary with about 30 more people but dont no if i wont to go now with this happening
Navy Mom

Mclean, VA

#25 Nov 9, 2010
Go Navy!
lulu

AOL

#26 Nov 9, 2010
Spike LB wrote:
Wow. "Teapublicans"? "fat drunk Americans"? You really do have a way with hateful words. You've been watching Keith Olberman again, haven't you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ensenada, Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gurzi Pleads Guilty, Sentenced to 12 Years in P... (Dec '07) Mar 22 tracy 8
Roadblock Mar 17 Brian 1
News New fusion cuisine flourishes in Baja California (Nov '12) Oct '14 Mike Fields 2
News Grand jury indictment reveals nearly 9-year CCS... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mike Fields 1
News The Wall Street Journal: Baja California, in Me... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mike Fields 1
News World of Wines: Make a road trip into Mexico's ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mike Fields 1
Take a boat from Hawaii with our car (Jan '14) Jan '14 Kai 1
More from around the web