Mexican lawmaker asks to ban gay unions in public

Sep 4, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KARE-TV Minneapolis

A state legislator in Mexico is causing a stir by asking authorities not to allow gay weddings in public spaces because it confuses children in a state that just approved same-sex civil unions.

Comments
361 - 369 of 369 Comments Last updated Sep 20, 2013
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
All polygamists need is a sympathetic judge. Worked for you, it must also work for them. Suck it up and live with it.
You still have a different restriction with a different set of legal arguments you don't even attempt to make.

Looks like is you who is stuck with no argument on the merits.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
You still have a different restriction with a different set of legal arguments you don't even attempt to make.
Don't need much argument although there are many. You proved that. All polygamy needs is a sympathetic judge.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
I have posted arguments and links. You have ignored them.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Round and round and around it goes.

Frankie: 0
Not Yet Equal: 27

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Wolfgang E B wrote:
Round and round and around it goes.
Frankie: 0
Not Yet Equal: 27
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!
Cheater. Typical. Declare victory and move on. Great strategy but a fail. Danth's Law. Ding!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

It is not "winning" to deny equality to good people, despite what Wolfy says.

Wolfy is a hypocrite. Do not emulate!

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
It is not "winning" to deny equality to good people, despite what Wolfy says.
Wolfy is a hypocrite. Do not emulate!
Equality still means equal, and something entirely different still is not equal. Your links don't change that.

Your attempt to shame and guilt trip don't change that. Removing the number restriction still changes what marriage is for everyone, while removing the gender restriction does not. Different is still not equal.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Equality still means equal, and something entirely different still is not equal. Your links don't change that.
Your attempt to shame and guilt trip don't change that. Removing the number restriction still changes what marriage is for everyone, while removing the gender restriction does not. Different is still not equal.
You're a hypocrite. Other good people are not allowed to marry, and you fully support that. All the while demanding your marriage be recognized.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

The natural extension of the legalization of gay marriage is the eventual legalization and legitimization of polygamy. It will happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 19
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cuauhtemoc, Mexico Discussions

Search the Cuauhtemoc, Mexico Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
International alert: truck stolen with highly r... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Concerned 5
Fight begins over opening up Mexico's oil monopoly (Nov '13) Nov '13 HRH 1
Bloomberg gets caught up in Mexico soda tax fight (Oct '13) Oct '13 Ol No Name 1
Dramatic video shows mass brawl between Polish ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 The Iron Francisko Franco 15
Fight over revered ex-president's image dominat... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Dear Governor Cuomo 1
Proper disposal of used tires: Juarez may help ... (Dec '10) Aug '11 Mr-D-ElPaso 12
Free Kicks with Joe Blog: Cuauhtemoc Is Coming!... (Mar '11) Mar '11 No Way 4
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••