Proper disposal of used tires: Juarez may help ease El Paso's problem

There are 12 comments on the Dec 12, 2010, El Paso Times story titled Proper disposal of used tires: Juarez may help ease El Paso's problem. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

The city of El Paso plans to figure out soon if there is a better way to dispose of used tires.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Aaron Silva

El Paso, TX

#1 Dec 12, 2010
Very interesting.
Joe

El Paso, TX

#2 Dec 12, 2010
Just another way to stash money and guns going into mexico.
Chip

El Paso, TX

#3 Dec 12, 2010

If it goes to some type of benefit this is good.

Hope we are not paying them a dollar a tire too.

ITOLDYOU

Oklahoma City, OK

#4 Dec 12, 2010
I'm willing to pay $5/tire for proper disposal. There are many beneficial uses for recycling. For example, road construction. It discourages me that El Paso has a sister city to share its waste with. You have your filthy brown smoggy air, a river that one can almost plow, heavy metals from the refinery, and now the tire dispoal capital of the US.
Chip

El Paso, TX

#5 Dec 12, 2010

Tire disposal fee is a couple of times of the
cost of getting rid of the tires. Costs during
that time are a huge profit considering the fee.

Chip

El Paso, TX

#6 Dec 12, 2010

$2.50 a tire disposal fee throughout El Paso. Then El Paso pays $1.oo a tire to get rid of them.

$1.50 profit per tire * tens of thousands a year.
Not a bad profit.

Badtothebone

Yorktown Heights, NY

#7 Dec 12, 2010
Place the tires along the border. When the wind is right light them on fire and let the smoke blow into Mexico.
Chip

El Paso, TX

#8 Dec 12, 2010
Badtothebone wrote:
Place the tires along the border. When the wind is right light them on fire and let the smoke blow into Mexico.

It is like camping where a campfire smoke keeps the
mosquitoes away.

So, you want to keep the mosquitoes out of the USA.

Badtothebone

Yorktown Heights, NY

#10 Dec 12, 2010
Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
It is like camping where a campfire smoke keeps the
mosquitoes away.
So, you want to keep the mosquitoes out of the USA.
Actually I was hoping the acrid black smoke would kill all the Mexicans, I can always use Back Woods Off to keep the skeeters away. Does Off make anything to keep Mexicans away? Maybe we can put bowls of antifreeze along the border, I just hope coyotes and dogs don't drink any of it.
priscilla

United States

#11 Aug 28, 2011
thats really good
Ha Ha Ha Ja Ja Ja

El Monte, CA

#12 Aug 28, 2011
Amatures, rent a lot, stock pile them, then when nobody is looking boof! FIRE!!! call it arson our idiot fire department won't ever figure it out. El Paso Style, come on what's happen to good ol El Paso? First make sure you have someone on the inside to get you the contract.
Mr-D-ElPaso

United States

#13 Aug 28, 2011
Ha Ha Ha Ja Ja Ja wrote:
Amatures, rent a lot, stock pile them, then when nobody is looking boof! FIRE!!! call it arson our idiot fire department won't ever figure it out. El Paso Style, come on what's happen to good ol El Paso? First make sure you have someone on the inside to get you the contract.
Well normaly he ha I don't agree with you OK. Exception this hurts your correct. Palms must and have to be greased in ElPaso with the insiders. It's getting a little harder though with all the Feds sniffing around. Maybe thats why they want to move over to J-Town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cuauhtemoc, Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News International alert: truck stolen with highly r... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Concerned 5
News Fight begins over opening up Mexico's oil monopoly (Nov '13) Nov '13 HRH 1
News Bloomberg gets caught up in Mexico soda tax fight (Oct '13) Oct '13 Ol No Name 1
News Mexican lawmaker asks to ban gay unions in public (Sep '13) Sep '13 Frankie Rizzo 369
News Dramatic video shows mass brawl between Polish ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 The Iron Francisk... 13
News Fight over revered ex-president's image dominat... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Dear Governor Cuomo 1
News Free Kicks with Joe Blog: Cuauhtemoc Is Coming!... (Mar '11) Mar '11 No Way 4
More from around the web