Woman stymied in quest for truth about husband's killing

Full story: El Paso Times

Six bullets and a case of mistaken identity are all the details Jacqueline Benavides knows about her husband's death.
Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Sep 21, 2010
ese vato

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

First, my condolences on the passing of this gentleman. But for this person to expect answers from the "authorities" borders on ridiculous. People being killed in Juarez are just another statistic, regardless of where they are from. It is possible that this person was killed by the very police she is demanding help from. I'm sure she believes her husband was killed by mistake, no one wants to think their loved one is involved with the carels. Sounds like a possible extortion from a group for "protection". I hope she finds peace, if not answers.
Jillian Galloway

Decatur, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

We need to demand laws based on logic and reality rather than on irrational fears of what might theoretically happen!

850,000 people were arrested last year for marijuana offenses while at the same time marijuana use went **up** by 8%. We taxpayers get *nothing* back for the $40 billion a year we pay for the prohibition!

Keeping marijuana in Schedule I alongside heroin diverts $10 billion a year to the sadistic, murderous cartels and undermines all the hard work of parents to keep our kids away from dangerous drugs. We need to speak up and demand marijuana be controlled with the same laws as alcohol!
Kristy

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

condoliances to the family that lost a loved one but as far as what was posted about marajuana and alcohol, it has nothing to do with the situation at hand and my theory is if a child is taught right in the home then outside influeces should not be the factor. kids pick up on things and listen more than you know and having a good homest open relationship with you kids will be key for them to fight the outside influences to do drugs
pharoe

Oxnard, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

how ironic, by seeing the parades, military and police show of force in mexico city last week, you'd think everything is well in mexico. they are in such denial. as for this poor lady trying to find justice, how sad. she shouldn't even waste her time. i wonder what a homicide investigation looks like in juarez. i wouldn't be surprized if it takes up all of two pages, if that.
Blind

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

Why live so far away? They did not live in Ruidoso for no reason. The husband knew what was going on he just never told his wife or anyone else. Which is sad because he left her with a alot of pain to deal with. As for ever finding anything out she will not. Phil Jordan never found out who killed his brother in the Kmart parking lot in the 90's and he was in charge of the DEA El Paso sector which oversees all undercover operations in Mexico and he still does not have any answers. The Mexican government tells so many lies I don't think they even know which are the truth and which are lies anymore. Then the workers form the consulte that were gunned down now both Mexico and the U.S. are trying to cover up what is happening with that. Since the have a man in Jail in San Antonio for giving the order to kill them, but the public will never know because the trail and all documents are under a gag order and are not public. So now the corruption is being covered up in the north as well.
Jesus B Ochoa

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

the real numbers of the dead are as follows:

2008 = 1623
2009 = 2754
2010 = 2225 (as of yesterday)
That comes to 6,602. Perhaps reporters could at least say "plus or
minus 200" when they print these undercounts of the dead....

if the reporter doesn't know the source for these figures, she is lacking in journalistic skills.
pink rose

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

What a sad trajedy-My condolecenes", In juarez, murders have rised to a level, to where "who killed who"??Cartels, neighbors,enemies,perhaps people who have something against each other.Taking advantage of the situation,and blaming it all to the cartels. It must be so frighting,to have enemies there. No where to turn- for help...May God be with the just.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cuauhtemoc, Mexico Discussions

Search the Cuauhtemoc, Mexico Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
International alert: truck stolen with highly r... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Concerned 5
Fight begins over opening up Mexico's oil monopoly (Nov '13) Nov '13 HRH 1
Bloomberg gets caught up in Mexico soda tax fight (Oct '13) Oct '13 Ol No Name 1
Mexican lawmaker asks to ban gay unions in public (Sep '13) Sep '13 Frankie Rizzo 369
Dramatic video shows mass brawl between Polish ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 The Iron Francisko Franco 15
Fight over revered ex-president's image dominat... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Dear Governor Cuomo 1
Proper disposal of used tires: Juarez may help ... (Dec '10) Aug '11 Mr-D-ElPaso 12
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••