Nuestra Casa brings on new director

Nuestra Casa, the non-profit organization dedicated to serving the local Latino community, has brought on a new interim executive director to help bring the agency back to solvency and full service. Full Story
Branching Out

Ukiah, CA

#1 Mar 24, 2010
The few MEN who don't want WOMEN in their Place are the ones going around bashing the Board Members. They all have problems with WOMEN in their own Lives so they really should step away before they get exposed to the real truth of why they are trying to hurt and put down their Own Mexican People.

“Writing about Mendocino County”

Since: Dec 09

Willits

#2 Mar 24, 2010
Knowing that Luis A. Celaya is in charge is all I need to know to send a check to Nuestra Casa. He is a remarkable community leader, and they are truly blessed to have him in this position.
MY THOUGHTS

United States

#3 Mar 24, 2010
WHO CARES??????????
Happy ukiahan

Oakland, CA

#4 Mar 24, 2010
Best wishes Mr. Celaya. I truely hope this will help Nuestra Casa.
Melinda

Santa Rosa, CA

#5 Mar 24, 2010
Why do we have an organization that only helps one kind of people? Isnt that racist? Shouldnt everyone of every race, creed, religion, sex, etc. be served? If we had an all "white" organization that only helped caucasion people wouldnt we be racist? I dont agree with this continued segregation. Help all or help none.
Mendo Guy

Berkeley, CA

#6 Mar 24, 2010
This company may not survive any longer. I think they maybe putting a bandaid over a major artery cut. This person will be another corrupt corporate officer. They will begin with ideas on how to improve a company but that is all talk and this new person will be no different but a corrupt individual who may have came to this country illegally. If this individual is a native of Mexico I think ICE should actually look into his legal status in this country. Those people who say that is racist well I got news for you people YOU are the racists that sponsor illegal immigration that is against the law. Note the word ILLEGAL. I'm not against legal immigration i'm against ILLEGAL immigration. ICE should be monitoring this place very closely to see if they are following the law. Heck these people are dealing with out TAX DOLLARS and i'm sure in the heck would want major over seeing by ICE.
Mendo Guy

Berkeley, CA

#7 Mar 24, 2010
TravelsWithJay wrote:
Knowing that Luis A. Celaya is in charge is all I need to know to send a check to Nuestra Casa. He is a remarkable community leader, and they are truly blessed to have him in this position.
Just wait til this person gets corrupt as any typicle corporate or non profit organization gets and you'll still send money? WOW you should send money to ENRON as well.
SF Girl

San Francisco, CA

#8 Mar 24, 2010
Hey Mendo Guy...why so negative?!? How about opening your heart and mind to give positive feedback. This just might be a person who actually cares...hmmm, interesting thought.
Mendo Guy

Berkeley, CA

#9 Mar 24, 2010
SF Girl wrote:
Hey Mendo Guy...why so negative?!? How about opening your heart and mind to give positive feedback. This just might be a person who actually cares...hmmm, interesting thought.
How many directors do they have to go through and how many times have I heard that one before. I open my wallet by paying taxes and this organization receives tax monies I paid and it does not benefit anyone pretty much. ICE needs to oversee our tax dollars being spent well and not to illegal activities such as sponsoring illegal immigrants becuase they will be committing a crime for haboring illegals.
schooled

Hayward, CA

#10 Mar 25, 2010
about 3 years ago I was in a fenderbender with a Mexican family. I was not at fault and later found out that the driver neither had insurance or a valid license-the police took there word and they were not given any sort of a ticket. Guess who got taken to court after receiving phone calls at their home, "your insurance company won't fix our van so you need to pay us or we'll sue you." I did, they actually had to have someone call for them because they didn't speak english. When I received the paper work/summons guess who helped these people fill out all the forms and go down to the court house? Nuesta Casa! The driver also wanted me to pay about 3000 in medical bills because, even though they told the police they weren't hurt, they went to the hospital only to be given some vicoden and told to go home and rest after all tests came back negative. In court I won, but the anxiety and stress was certainly something I wouldn't want to endure again. I am license, insured, not at fault, don't go to the hospital when I'm obviously fine and I'm the one who gets summoned to court...all because Nuestra Casa thought some one was taking advantage of this family that couldn't speak english or figure out how to take someone to small claims court. I won't miss this organization when it's gone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Celaya, Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mexico fuels surge in 2014 N.A. output Dec '14 Concerned 1
English speaking Protestant church Nov '14 Dave7093 1
Mexico's auto industry looks to luxury cars (Jul '14) Jul '14 Concerned 4
Mexico to trump Japan as No. 2 car exporter to ... (Feb '14) Mar '14 Zanoni033114 4
Mexico driving to top of import list (Mar '14) Mar '14 Sirius 1
NH prosecutors prep for Mexican drug cartel trial (Sep '13) Sep '13 jack 2
Fugitive in 1991 gang slaying found teaching in... (Oct '08) Nov '12 valley girl 42
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:12 pm PST