Comments
1 - 20 of 59 Comments Last updated May 29, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
lally

Belfast, UK

#1 Feb 26, 2008
leave your comments its a very very tough one!
Opiumx

UK

#2 Aug 21, 2008
LED ZEPPELIN all the way!

Like many I grew up listening to Queen and it was great. Unfortunately I missed out on Zep and got very little exposure until recent years. Now I can't get there music out of my head. No rock band comes close to Zep. Robert Plant is by far a better vocalist than Freddie Mercury. Just check out Mercury trying to sing the Immigrant Song on You Tube, cringe.

“Floyd, Zep, Beatles, Doors”

Since: Oct 08

Nowheres, USA

#3 Oct 14, 2008
hmmmmmm.......

Im gonna say Led Zeppelin was the better band, but Queen is a lot more "catchier" so to speak.

Who doesn't know We Will Rock You, Killer Queen, and Bohemian Rhapsody?

tough choice though...
Zep Fan

Grand Prairie, TX

#4 Oct 14, 2008
Oh come on people.... how can you compare Led Zeppelin to Queer... opps.. sorry Queen. Led Zeppelin aka "one of the best rock and roll bands ever) wins hands down!
William

Thailand

#5 Oct 14, 2008
I totally agree. Zep over Queen by a long shot.
Zep Fan wrote:
Oh come on people.... how can you compare Led Zeppelin to Queer... opps.. sorry Queen. Led Zeppelin aka "one of the best rock and roll bands ever) wins hands down!

Nowheres, USA

#6 Oct 15, 2008
Queen and Led Zeppelin were two different styles, so you can't compare them.

I love Led Zeppelin. They are my second favorite band, first being Pink Floyd.

BUT, you have to admit that Queen was much more unique than any other band ever.

There are many bands who can cover numerous Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, and many other bands.

But have you ever heard a band try to mimic that famous intro in We Will Rock You? Or that distinct 9-part harmony in the beginning of Bohemian Rhapsody?

Didn't think so...
jayzer

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#7 Nov 19, 2008
'Oh come on people.... how can you compare Led Zeppelin to Queer... opps.. sorry Queen. Led Zeppelin aka "one of the best rock and roll bands ever) wins hands down!'

What an ignorant and moronic comment.

Anyway, sure Led Zeppelin were more or less the grandaddy of hard rock, you have to realize that Queen was more diverse and interesting.

Queen all the way
Derek

Buffalo, NY

#8 Nov 21, 2008
Both bands are great. Zep fan just doesn't get music, thats all.

If you want to make a valid arguement, actually know about the subject your arguing about, okay?
the 1990s

Cheltenham, UK

#9 Nov 25, 2008
QUEEN sht zeppelin sux ass only kashmir is average

Nowheres, USA

#10 Nov 27, 2008

Guys, go check it out, its my band, and im the drummer. Not good sound quality, but worth a look.

Please, if you like this, send a link to all the people you know!

Nowheres, USA

#11 Nov 27, 2008
we wrote the second song in the set.
the 1990s

Cheltenham, UK

#12 Nov 29, 2008
who cares derek

Nowheres, USA

#13 Nov 29, 2008
i was just showing you my band...

don't have to be rude about it, if you don't like it, don't look at it.
Old School Rocker

Sedona, AZ

#14 Sep 15, 2009
I like both but, Queen is better in my opioin. Led Zepplin had GREAt drums but, No offence Led Zepplin fans but Jimmy Page cant compare to Legendary guitarist Brian May. Led Zepplin were mostly popular cuz the hippie movement in the late 60's and early 70's and there talent. Queen was more succesful and were different from the bands back then (Classical Rock with Rock N Roll) Freddies voice is totally AMAZING. Cant compare Freddie to Robert. Also when Queen vocalist (Freddie Mercury) died, They had A LOT of cermonys around the world. Kinda like MJ cermonys, But Freddie actually had a statue of him. So.... Queen is Better than Led Zepplin. Led Zepplin still is a good band though.
Jack

United States

#15 Oct 12, 2009
Screw you you close-mindended prick. Whats worse...being gay (Mercury) or being a satanist (Page)?
QueenIs80Percent Queer

Perth, Australia

#16 Dec 1, 2009
Jack wrote:
Screw you you close-mindended prick. Whats worse...being gay (Mercury) or being a satanist (Page)?
Being gay is better than being a satanist. But being gay, contracting AIDS, dying from an AIDS-related lung disease and then suddenly becoming TEN TIMES MORE FAMOUS because of it is definitely MUCH worst than being a satanist.
ZHODES

Santiago, Chile

#17 Dec 29, 2009
Led Zeppelin IS SHIT. Queen is better.
Let there be rock

Velenje, Slovenia

#18 Jan 12, 2010
Led Zeppelin
Not important

New City, NY

#19 Mar 22, 2010
Tough Jimmy Page is a better guitarist than Brian May with harder solos (black dog) Deacon and JPJ are similar in to many ways to compare especially how much they talk
Freddie and Plant are hands down the two greatest singers of all time I think Freddie is a bit better I can't say much about bonham vs Taylor because John was more metal and hard rock drumming and roger is more like ringo it's close but I say queen
Sam Allender

Conway, AR

#20 Apr 26, 2010
Freddie Mercury and Robert Plant are both amazing vocalists. Yes, Freddie may not have done justice to Immigrant Song, but he also suffered from vocal nodules. And check out Robert Plant singing Innuendo at the Freddie Mercury memorial concert. Not the best. When you're comparing two of the greatest bands of all time, it's really hard to pick a clear winner. Since Queen in my favorite band, I'm obviously biased in my decision that Queen is better, by just a little. They were so much more diverse than Zeppelin. Not that Zeppelin wasn't diverse, but Queen covered almost every single genre that you could think of. I say that John Bonham was a better drummer than Roger Taylor, but not by much. Roger is incredibly talented. John Deacon is better than John Paul Jones. Jimmy Page and Brian May are equal to me, and Freddie beats out Robert.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rock-N-Roll Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Haley and the Comets to rock New Smyrna (Sep '07) Aug 24 DennisM 20
Week in Preview: Our critics' picks for your ne... Aug 17 Lucy 1
Smoke, ribs, chili, live music a summer treat Aug 3 Fresser Fotze 6
Priscilla Presley: Miley is like Elvis (Feb '14) Aug 2 Prufex 2
Chuck Berry vs. Elvis: The importance of black ... (Feb '08) Aug 1 Prufex 154
Top 10 best rock n roll bands of all time (Dec '06) Jul '14 Booster 1,528
Beyond 'La Bamba' (Sep '06) Jul '14 Paul Hennessey 5
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000