Help identifying reggae lyrics/artists?

Posted in the Reggae Forum

First Prev
of 33
Next Last
marikun

Old Bridge, NJ

#1 Jan 4, 2009
Does anyone know the names and artists of these tracks, and if they're in any riddims?

1. Can't take my girl she's in love with me, I treat her like a lady, fulfill her dreams, Me and my chick we're a perfect fit
2. It's good to be good and bad to be bad, it's good to be joyful and bad to be sad, it's good to be sober and bad to be mad... joy for all, equal rights and justice for all
3. Take a message to my mama, tell her I love her so (and then really fast lyrics I can't understand)
4. This is for you my dear, a blessing to show I care... your presence, was on my preference... you deserve, all the love there is
5. I swear, that I will never switch, I swear, that I will never hit you... Give me some space give me some room, and let my people come through (same riddim as #4)
6. Girl you're on the highway (my way?), it's the highest grade...(something something) pon di corner, you keep it coming, you make me smarter, nananananana yeah (same riddim as #4 and #5) I think this might be Richie Spice but i'm not sure
7. My mama held me tight, stayed up through the night, to rock me gently to sleep... She made a sacrifice, never comprimised, to make the best life for me... You're truly a blessing, mama you're special, Thanks for all you've done for me, mama I love you sincerely (same riddim as #4-6)
8. I know Jah done bless me, no wickedness can test me... nah can make de river run dry... Emperor Selassie never see the judgement
9. How could life be like this, well everyone should be giving thanks and praises, oh Lord... Downtown, our love will (something)... Uptown, flood out... The wicked man loves his gun
10. You shouldn't bring love come to town, you shoulda left dem at home, spread joy around
11. Now de rain come falling and de house start leaking, all of the things in the place got wet... some lyrics mentioning Parliament and government and then in falsetto he sings "who's going to drive the fear awaaay"
12. Baby girl, why do you cry? Wipe those tears from your eyes. Baby girl, why do you cry, you know I'll never leave you side
13. A chapter a day, keeps the devil away.... The words of his majesty, I don proclaim, Behold the Emperor! The world is perfect, perfection is the key to life, Behold the Emperor! Oh ai ai ai ai ai, Jah your words are beautiful...(this sounds like an old school track, but i'm not sure)
14. How much dem wanna be a big superstar-ah... Sing out from town to town, I let off my music and sound! So I'm talking to you kings and queens, just bump up your self-esteem, say you can fulfill your dreams, no matter how hard it seems!(a deep male voice repeats "Work!" on the chorus)

Thank you for helping and "Jah bless"!:D
Nii

Marietta, GA

#2 Jan 11, 2009
#6 Richie Spice - Marjiuana
#8 Jah Cure - Jah Jah Bless Me

“Reggae Vinyl Distributers”

Since: Jan 09

Dundee, UK

#3 Jan 11, 2009
#5 I Swear - Chuck Fender - 5th element Riddim
http://www.reggaerecordsdistributionuk.com/pr...

“Reggae Vinyl Distributers”

Dundee, UK

#4 Jan 11, 2009
#4 For You - Sizzla - 5th Element Riddim
Nii

Marietta, GA

#5 Jan 11, 2009
#10 Natty King - No Gun To Town (Who Cares Riddim)

New York, NY

#6 Jan 15, 2009
There really needs to be a site just for finding reggae artists and song names. I always here songs I like in passing or on the radio but can never find the artist or song name. Reggae music is great and if it could be easily found and spread it will get that much bigger. For you reggae fans have you heard of the group John Brown's body? I just started listening to them and they make some great music. The marketing company I work for is actually running a campaign for the new Pandora message board (Powered by Energizer)and John Brown's Body is currently the featured artist. You can check it out here: youcastcorp.com/energizer/pandora

New York, NY

#7 Jan 15, 2009
There really needs to be a site just for finding reggae artists and song names. I always hear songs I like in passing or on the radio but can never find the artist or song name. Reggae music is great and if it could be easily found and spread it will get that much bigger. For you reggae fans have you heard of the group John Brown's body? I just started listening to them and they make some great music. The marketing company I work for is actually running a campaign for the new Pandora message board (Powered by Energizer and John Brown's Body is currently the featured artist. You can check it out here: youcastcorp.com/energizer/pandora

New York, NY

#8 Jan 15, 2009
There really needs to be a site just for finding reggae artists and song names. I always hear songs I like in passing or on the radio but can never find the artist or song name. Reggae music is great and if it could be easily found and spread it will get that much bigger. For you reggae fans have you heard of the group John Brown's body? I just started listening to them and they make some great music. The marketing company I work for is actually running a campaign for the new Pandora message board (Powered by Energizer) and John Brown's Body is currently the featured artist. You can check it out here: youcastcorp.com/energizer/pandora
Terek

Sosnowiec, Poland

#9 Jan 26, 2009
#12 Warrior King - Baby Girl
LALA

Scarborough, Canada

#10 Feb 2, 2009
#2.) Joy For All -(stick by me riddim)
LALA

Scarborough, Canada

#11 Feb 2, 2009
does anybody know this song..its kind of old school
1.)truly, i love you truly. truly i love you truly(your parents might know the name of who sings it)
john

Overland Park, KS

#12 Feb 3, 2009
marikun wrote:
Does anyone know the names and artists of these tracks, and if they're in any riddims?
1. Can't take my girl she's in love with me, I treat her like a lady, fulfill her dreams, Me and my chick we're a perfect fit
2. It's good to be good and bad to be bad, it's good to be joyful and bad to be sad, it's good to be sober and bad to be mad... joy for all, equal rights and justice for all
3. Take a message to my mama, tell her I love her so (and then really fast lyrics I can't understand)
4. This is for you my dear, a blessing to show I care... your presence, was on my preference... you deserve, all the love there is
5. I swear, that I will never switch, I swear, that I will never hit you... Give me some space give me some room, and let my people come through (same riddim as #4)
6. Girl you're on the highway (my way?), it's the highest grade...(something something) pon di corner, you keep it coming, you make me smarter, nananananana yeah (same riddim as #4 and #5) I think this might be Richie Spice but i'm not sure
7. My mama held me tight, stayed up through the night, to rock me gently to sleep... She made a sacrifice, never comprimised, to make the best life for me... You're truly a blessing, mama you're special, Thanks for all you've done for me, mama I love you sincerely (same riddim as #4-6)
8. I know Jah done bless me, no wickedness can test me... nah can make de river run dry... Emperor Selassie never see the judgement
9. How could life be like this, well everyone should be giving thanks and praises, oh Lord... Downtown, our love will (something)... Uptown, flood out... The wicked man loves his gun
10. You shouldn't bring love come to town, you shoulda left dem at home, spread joy around
11. Now de rain come falling and de house start leaking, all of the things in the place got wet... some lyrics mentioning Parliament and government and then in falsetto he sings "who's going to drive the fear awaaay"
12. Baby girl, why do you cry? Wipe those tears from your eyes. Baby girl, why do you cry, you know I'll never leave you side
13. A chapter a day, keeps the devil away.... The words of his majesty, I don proclaim, Behold the Emperor! The world is perfect, perfection is the key to life, Behold the Emperor! Oh ai ai ai ai ai, Jah your words are beautiful...(this sounds like an old school track, but i'm not sure)
14. How much dem wanna be a big superstar-ah... Sing out from town to town, I let off my music and sound! So I'm talking to you kings and queens, just bump up your self-esteem, say you can fulfill your dreams, no matter how hard it seems!(a deep male voice repeats "Work!" on the chorus)
Thank you for helping and "Jah bless"!:D
I bet the boys in the joint can help you.
marikun

Old Bridge, NJ

#13 Feb 8, 2009
Just an update, I've managed to find most of the songs on here with your help and some Googling.
For the record:
1. Caan Tek Mi Girl - Richie Stephens (Stick By Me Riddim)
2. Good To Be Good - Capleton (same)
3. As yet unknown, if you know drop a line
4. For You - Sizzla (5th Element Riddim)
5. I Swear - Chuck Fenda (same)
6. Marijuana - Richie Spice (same)
7. Mama's Blessing - Anthony Cruz (same)
8. Jah Jah Bless Me - Jah Cure (unknown riddim)
9. As yet unknown, if you know drop a line
10. No Gun To Town - Natty King (Who Cares Riddim)
11. Ease The Pain - Richie Spice (same)
12. Baby Girl - Warrior King (Stick By Me Riddim)
13. Chapter A Day - Luciano (Chapter A Day Riddim)
14. Work - Chappa Jan (same)
theo

London, UK

#14 Feb 18, 2009
8- Natty King- No Guns To Town- or atleast a rip of that song.
horny22

San Josť, Costa Rica

#15 Mar 9, 2009
Take me to that(the) place I wanna be good...
Does anyone know the nname of tje song or maybe the singer?? I WANNA KNOW!!! the lyric sounds something like what I wrote at the begining...
dim

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Apr 22, 2009
"she went to Africa to find everlasting youth.......a witch doctor who professed to know the truth"
Gibril

Baltimore, MD

#17 Apr 28, 2009
anybody know da title n aritist of this oldskool joint da goes :

Over da years. so much bloodshed n tears, da people living in fear, plus da government just dont care.. they just ; they just dont care..

aint heard it for so damn long
Anne

Italy

#18 Jun 15, 2009
Does anyone know who sang this song?
oh Lord, u r a living sacrifice, we give you all the praise, i wanna say thank you, thank you , Lord.

something along those lines, the words may not be accurate, but anyone have any ideas?
Crystal

New York, NY

#19 Aug 9, 2009
Hello, all this is an old school reggae song and i have been looking for this song. Part of the song goes like this "I love her so for the world to see do you believe in me" and part goes like this "they said home is where i lay my head at it doesnt matter unless your mine forever".

If any one knows the song and artist please let me know.
frank

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Aug 24, 2009
does anyone know the song that goes something like "shes only 16 and looking like the queen...only 16 and lookin like she came from...and i know reggae gona soothe your soul"? thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 33
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reggae Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need Help Identifying Reggae Song (Mar '13) Sat Sausageking 144
I need help finding the reggae song with these ... (Nov '12) Feb 15 pittflip 1,058
Can't find name or artist of an old school danc... Jan 31 cartagenero 1
help me find reggae track from lyrics please? (Aug '12) Jan '18 JMitch 16
In good times bad times she is always around...... Jan '18 Philly 1
Reggae Female singers (Mar '07) Jan '18 GoaJuss 390
Find song by young Jamaican kid Jan '18 Travis 1
More from around the web