First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CbadDub

Carlsbad, CA

#1 May 25, 2007
I just finally saw the movie and I love it!
If you know the movie hopefully you can help me out finding some of the songs on the movie;
The first 1 I cant find is the song by Kiddus I, when Horsemouth goes to the recording studio early in the movie. The lyrics are "well it wont be to long now, it wont be to long, all the suffering and all the..
the other is Jacob Miller's song when they play at the hotel. "Dreadlock cant live in a tenement yard" The song I found is called "Tenement yard" but its not the same song.
The easiest, and Im embarrassed for not knowing who it is, is the main song "He's a rocker she's a rocker. dancing to my melody"
Anyone know these songs? I man is vexing over this.
Oh yeah - anyone know what "Satta a masagana" means?

Thanks for any help
ruskins

Roanoke, VA

#2 Jun 10, 2007
both songs are on the soundtrack.
CbadDub wrote:
If you know the movie hopefully you can help me out finding some of the songs on the movie;
The first 1 I cant find is the song by Kiddus I, when Horsemouth goes to the recording studio early in the movie. The lyrics are "well it wont be to long now, it wont be to long, all the suffering and all the..
the other is Jacob Miller's song when they play at the hotel. "Dreadlock cant live in a tenement yard" The song I found is called "Tenement yard" but its not the same song.
The easiest, and Im embarrassed for not knowing who it is, is the main song "He's a rocker she's a rocker. dancing to my melody"
Thanks for any help
sadick idris

Ghana

#3 Sep 23, 2007
in fact have being watching films but rockers is the best movie i ever watch.everyday i without watching i can just. rocker is best man.i really love Horsemouth.
Pow

Sesto, Italy

#4 Sep 28, 2007
Hi,
I'm Daniele a real italian reggae fanatic!!!!

This is the soundtrack list...enjoy!!!!!

01 - The Inner Circle - We A Rockers
02 - The Maytones - Money Worries
03 - Junior Murvin - Police And Thieves
04 - The Heptones - Book Of Rules
05 - Peter Tosh - Stepping Razor
06 - The Inner Circle - Tenement Yard
07 - Junior Byles - Fade Away
08 - Bunny Wailer - Rockers
09 - Gregory Isaacs - Slave Master
10 - The Upsetters - Dread Lion
11 - Kiddus I - Graduation In Zion
12 - Burning Spear - Jah No Dead
13 - Third World - Satta Massagana
14 - Justin Hinds - Natty Take Over
Jason

Paterson, NJ

#5 Oct 21, 2010
Anyone knows the name of the dub which is played when "horsemouth" buys his motorcycle ?
bobbybrown

Fresno, CA

#6 Dec 9, 2010
Dread Lion - Upsetters
echoedeco

Middleton, WI

#7 Dec 24, 2010
Does anyone know the name of the artist and song playing when Horsemouth vists his gang in the yard, says hi to ruffie & tuffie and ends after the fellas eating lunch...It sounds like Bunny Wailer...and haunts me...

Thanks
joker B

Athens, Greece

#8 Sep 14, 2011
hi.Does anyone know the music or song played in the river by all the women?it seems traditional african
thank u
rocker

North Hollywood, CA

#9 Oct 20, 2011
some songs not on the soundtrack:

cool operator - dillinger (yellow jump suit guy)
queen majesty - the jays and ranking trevor (at the disco place)
the man in the street - rockers all star band (when horsemouth's buying the bike)
treasure dub - joe gibbs (when they're stealing stuff)

the song with ruffie and tuffie is "rockers" by bunny wailer, it is the extended version not on the soundtrack. Its on youtube.

the song with the women at the river is called "the water is troubled" and is a zion revival church song. Also on youtube

If anyone know the 2nd dub when they are stealing the stuff, or
the song horsemouth puts on when he gets to the party, or the dub when horsemouth first meets sunshine please post it.

Pay ire
joker B

Athens, Greece

#10 Nov 6, 2011
thank you my friend!Revolution around the world!Keep reggaeing!
blueberry

Stockholm, Sweden

#11 Dec 20, 2011
Jacob Miller - tenement yeard

&fe ature=related

(ripped from movie)
Ardwin

Venezuela

#12 Feb 6, 2012
Hey people how is the name of de song when Horsemounth goes to de disco, and your friend dirty harry push the Dj of music disco? Pleaaseee
tikanaar

Montreuil, France

#13 Feb 14, 2012
In the disco, it's a song adapted by the original DJ: U-ROY!
tallron

Roseville, CA

#14 May 19, 2012
I like the song which says "Skankin' in the morning" and it says "Little Brother, don't cry Jah-Jah is standing by" I don't know the name. I wish I did. If anyone can help. Thank You
fireman

Korea

#15 Jun 7, 2012
tallron wrote:
I like the song which says "Skankin' in the morning" and it says "Little Brother, don't cry Jah-Jah is standing by" I don't know the name. I wish I did. If anyone can help. Thank You
Bunny Wailer is the artist, the name of the song is Rockers
Frankie

Novato, CA

#16 Jul 23, 2012
CbadDub wrote:
Thanks for any help
Kiddus
I graduation in Zion
It is called tenement yard
Bunny (screwface" Wailer
Frankie

Novato, CA

#17 Jul 23, 2012
You false rasta
Jack Sprat

Colton, CA

#18 Jul 24, 2012
Ardwin wrote:
Hey people how is the name of de song when Horsemounth goes to de disco, and your friend dirty harry push the Dj of music disco? Pleaaseee
"Queen Majesty." Originally sung by the Techniques the version is rockers is sung by The Jays. Many singers and dj's have cut versions of this classic including U-Roy ("Chalice in the Palace") and Ranking Trevor all the way to Sizzla ("Just one of those days").
Jack Sprat

Colton, CA

#19 Jul 24, 2012
rocker wrote:
If anyone know the 2nd dub when they are stealing the stuff
"Treasure Dub", a reworking of the Jamaicans "BaBaBoom" riddim, as played by Soul Syndicate. It appears on Joe Gibbs African Dub Almighty Chapter 1.
Haven't seen the movie in years. Will have to watch again to answer the other two questions.
rocker

Fullerton, CA

#20 Jul 27, 2012
Here are the links to the songs I'm looking for:
from 6:11 to about 7:30 in the video and another one at 8:44 till 10:00

the next one is at 3:27 (just after Treasure Dub) and it changes at 6:37 or it might be a new song and goes till 9:49 when Natty Take Over starts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Also African Dub, Universal Dub, Schooling the Beat, and Half Ounce on Joe Gibbs African Dub Almighty Chapter 1 are golden

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reggae Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I need help finding the reggae song with these ... (Nov '12) 9 hr Helen 286
Help me find this song Jan 24 accorp 2
Need Help Identifying Reggae Song (Mar '13) Jan 24 johnson 23
Virulently Homophobic Singers Banned from U.S. (Apr '10) Jan 23 freeman 14
Geraint Jarman gets set for album launch at Cha... Jan 23 IBU INDAH SARI 1
Reggae Female singers (Mar '07) Jan 23 mary 347
Indonesia: Jokowi's 'unprecedented' presidentia... (Jul '14) Jan 23 IBU INDAH SARI 4
More from around the web