Oprah Winfrey Blasted By 50 Cent

Oprah Winfrey Blasted By 50 Cent

There are 21 comments on the Associated Content story from Dec 6, 2006, titled Oprah Winfrey Blasted By 50 Cent. In it, Associated Content reports that:

By William N. Stape 50 Cent isn't happy with daytime TV's most popular talk show host.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Associated Content.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ludacris Fan

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Dec 9, 2006
He has a point
Neal

Kirksville, MO

#3 Dec 17, 2006
Ludacris Fan wrote:
He has a point
And what point might that be? There is no reason for him to disrepect a lady!

Since: Dec 06

GREEN LANE, PA

#5 Dec 22, 2006
Who cares what 50 cent says? He has no class. At least Oprah does. She's earned what she has and she can associate with who she wants. Angry people always have to stir up racial hatred with stupid remarks and that's what he did. Maybe he should mind his own business and stay out of trouble.
pimpin

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Dec 22, 2006
pattibailey wrote:
Who cares what 50 cent says? He has no class. At least Oprah does. She's earned what she has and she can associate with who she wants. Angry people always have to stir up racial hatred with stupid remarks and that's what he did. Maybe he should mind his own business and stay out of trouble.
maybe you want to be 50 cent
martha

Houston, TX

#8 Dec 22, 2006
I think the article speaks for itself. My mother is in no way fimilar with rap or rappers and she is younger than Oprah. It would be weird to see her say, "look it's 50 cent he is so hot these days". It is a generation gap because Oprah has a hang up on using the N-word in music or rap. Just look at it from her point of view. She is older and remebers more about racism than 50. A black woman like Oprah is hard to duplicate because she also knew that to be consider as good a white person for a job she had to perform doubly as well to get it. The truth of the matter is we can speculate all day long but 50 cent should speak with her in private to find out exactly why she doesn't want him on her show. If that's the case.

Since: Dec 06

GREEN LANE, PA

#10 Dec 23, 2006
pimpin wrote:
<quoted text> maybe you want to be 50 cent
What the heck does that mean?

“We are on topix..nothing more!”

Since: Dec 06

Montréal, Canada

#11 Dec 23, 2006
Oprah is a respectable person and 50 Cent is not the best example someone would give. However, taking a side in the matter is just another way of giving 50 cent's remark a meaning. I think he was wrong, but he also does a lot (though I think he could have done better).
temzi

Teaneck, NJ

#12 Mar 28, 2007
50 is dum n useless when has oprah had problem b4 but wen 50 comes its truble leave her alone man

“Ra'Saan Kadafi Kanati”

Since: Mar 07

CHICAGO,IL

#13 Mar 28, 2007
Ludacris Fan wrote:
He has a point
Yeah but she has her own life who is he or who are we to judge her?I can't stand that he picks on anybody to start a battle to sell records who's next a local Queens weather man? GGGujit,..Muthaf@#$ come on!!
Kendall

Indianapolis, IN

#14 May 4, 2007
Are you kidding me? Come on, the names 50 Cent and Oprah shouldn't even be spoken in the same breath.

“Technical Anomaly”

Since: Apr 07

Youngstown, OH

#15 May 4, 2007
What is he talking about by "our culture"?

What gives him the right to define our culture for us?

I don't think being detached, or ignorant of our culture is necissarily a bad thing!

Change is good, why keep a tradition that you don't agree with? Guys, don't get riled up. I know people like this, that's the hood speaking!

THAT culture, the one HE speaks of, is one largely divergent from the negative and degrading CULTURE of our white oppressors.

Everyone should take the time to read this:

(First pimp) http://whgbetc.com/mind/jezebel1.html

^I also remember reading about numerous accusations of blacks who really didn't do certain crimes. Can't find it now but the POINT:

- They used to be UPFRONT and ignorant. Their myths about us WERE false. Now they laugh at us, a mockery who does it to themselves and gets ourselves in jail. Now they just help us brainwash our children into desiring such a 'culture'.

Keep on sporting THAT, 50. Keep on keep'n.

We are SO ignorant sometimes.

Our original culture is GONE. Everybody and dey momma knows THAT.

Our initial revived culture, of striving for excellence through adversity, was replaced by this new 'black culture' that stems from our master's culture wich survived in us.
Ashley

Littleton, CO

#16 May 4, 2007
50 Cent? That guy, first of all, looks like a damn gorilla wrapped in gold chains!! Why does he want to go after a woman instead of Ja Rule? Yep....a trick turned rap star indeed. I bet he likes getting pumped in the culo by Ja Rule lol.

“Technical Anomaly”

Since: Apr 07

Youngstown, OH

#17 May 5, 2007
lol^

“Technical Anomaly”

Since: Apr 07

Youngstown, OH

#19 May 5, 2007
^50? Only 50????

“Technical Anomaly”

Since: Apr 07

Youngstown, OH

#21 May 6, 2007
^Good point, I thought about that too.
yomomma11

United States

#22 May 6, 2007
forget oprah white butt why the hell do she have to dis rappers about there lyrics if that whit hefa don't like the n-word then tell her dumb self to stop listening to rap music doggonnit my guy 50 is right and forget all you'll hatin' on my cuz he did something with his life and whut you'll doin' flipping burgers at buger king
John

Minneapolis, MN

#23 May 6, 2007
martha wrote:
I think the article speaks for itself. My mother is in no way fimilar with rap or rappers and she is younger than Oprah. It would be weird to see her say, "look it's 50 cent he is so hot these days". It is a generation gap because Oprah has a hang up on using the N-word in music or rap. Just look at it from her point of view. She is older and remebers more about racism than 50. A black woman like Oprah is hard to duplicate because she also knew that to be consider as good a white person for a job she had to perform doubly as well to get it. The truth of the matter is we can speculate all day long but 50 cent should speak with her in private to find out exactly why she doesn't want him on her show. If that's the case.
We are told that their is no racism today. That blacks are just whinners and lazy why then is the statement that "a black person has to perform doubly compared to a white person to be considered" not challenged whenever it is commonly thrown about? We are being told that slavery ended 200 years ago?? Can somebody please explain?

“I LOVE BLACK PEOPLE FIRST!”

Since: Apr 07

25,000 Gee

#24 May 6, 2007
John wrote:
<quoted text>
We are told that their is no racism today. That blacks are just whinners and lazy why then is the statement that "a black person has to perform doubly compared to a white person to be considered" not challenged whenever it is commonly thrown about? We are being told that slavery ended 200 years ago?? Can somebody please explain?
for over 400 years in america black people have not been allowed to speak at all.

slavery didn't end IN DEED, it only ended in the word.

right after the emancipation came the black codes, jim crow, the white circle league, the white citizens council, the grand ole party and the klu klux klan... all designed to keep the black people down... in place.

... and so you say that we are free, but, that we whine because we complain?

what is the purpose of freedom if the person who has it cannot address his/her freedom in the ways that are designed for free people to address them?

white people say that they freed us, and now they call us racist when we try to exercise that freedom... what kind of freedom is that?

i don't know who you are john, however, you need to rethink your position if you want to continue from here.

my name is watitdos little cuz a.k.a. devil exposer.

i fight for FREEDOM, JUSTICE and EQUALITY.

everything MUST reap what it sows.

here is some of the freedom black people have enjoyed under the white mans freedom...

http://cuip.net/~bgresham/aa_experience/BlkAm...

here are some of the justice we have got under the white man...

http://cuip.net/~bgresham/aa_experience/BlkAm...

here is some of the equality we have received under the white man...

http://cuip.net/~bgresham/aa_experience/BlkAm...
Kendall

Indianapolis, IN

#25 May 7, 2007
yomomma11 wrote:
forget oprah white butt why the hell do she have to dis rappers about there lyrics if that whit hefa don't like the n-word then tell her dumb self to stop listening to rap music doggonnit my guy 50 is right and forget all you'll hatin' on my cuz he did something with his life and whut you'll doin' flipping burgers at buger king
I'm not going to spend a lot of time replying to your comment, in fact, I just want you to read what you wrote back to yourself so you, my friend, can have a good laugh.

God bless.
Ashley

Littleton, CO

#26 May 7, 2007
Boys and Girls, this is what Oprah has to go against LOL........
yomomma11 wrote:
forget oprah white butt why the hell do she have to dis rappers about there lyrics if that whit hefa don't like the n-word then tell her dumb self to stop listening to rap music doggonnit my guy 50 is right and forget all you'll hatin' on my cuz he did something with his life and whut you'll doin' flipping burgers at buger king
Honey, you are in no way, shape, or form to be talking down on ANYONE for that matter, nevertheless, Oprah Winfrey (who has her Master's degree, Bachelor's, and one of the richest women in the world) hahahaha. I hope Oprah sends you some complimentary school books when you're at your next show looking for a handout....ooooh myyyy God hahahaha.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News JAY-Z defends his lyrics that were accused of b... 6 hr KnutesNiche 1
News Lil Wayne says he is done with music... at leas... Aug 14 Tex- 4
News Beyonce Vs. Janet Jackson: You Decide Which Sup... (Dec '06) Aug 5 lad 1,188
News King Yellowman Defends Gay Rights at Reggae on ... Aug 1 Gremlin 6
News CNN's Bell: Snoop Dogg Shooting Trump Not as Ba... Jul 27 Putins Glock Holster 39
News Lady Gaga at Super Bowl LI (Feb '17) Jul 23 Eat em n Smile 8
spitzofrenix.com Jul '17 Anonymous 1
More from around the web