Video: Jay-Z sparks more Cuba controversy in rap song

Full story: CBS News

In the world of rap music, the best way to respond to critics is to put it in rhyme - and that's exactly what Jay-Z is doing over his controversial trip to Cuba.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

I despise rap, but it's good that Jay-Z is answering his critics and idiots who still think we should be blockading Cuba. That kind of Cold War era moron needs to die out so we can move into the new century and normalize relations with Cuba.

Time to end the charade...

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Jay Z and Beyonce are scum. They have become wealthy and famous and what do they do with their good fortune?
Do they give back to their communities? No.
Do they give thanks to all the Americans who fought for equality over the last 2 centuries? No. They whine and complain about DC not doing shit for them. They praise Cuba where 95% of the population is deeply impoverished. Never mind Cuba wanted to blow us off the face of the earth not that long ago. Funny thing about this is that JZ said he turned Cuba into Atlanta. Someone should tell JZ that Cubans are as racist towards black people as any other group and they don't love him and his fat wife as much as he loves Cubans.

Are you a free man JZ? DC did that for you.
Can you vote JZ? DC did that for you.
Did you benefit from Affirmative Action? DC did that for you.
Did we elect a black president? WHITE AMERICA DID THAT FOR YOU YOU UNGRATEFUL POS.

BTW, Beyonce's music sucks and so does her hubbys.
Enjoy that money while it lasts, idiots.

Since: Sep 07

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

x0x0x wrote:
Jay Z and Beyonce are scum. They have become wealthy and famous and what do they do with their good fortune?
Do they give thanks to all the Americans who fought for equality over the last 2 centuries? No. They whine and complain about DC not doing shit for them. They praise Cuba where 95% of the population is deeply impoverished. Never mind Cuba wanted to blow us off the face of the earth not that long ago. Funny thing about this is that JZ said he turned Cuba into Atlanta. Someone should tell JZ that Cubans are as racist towards black people as any other group and they don't love him and his fat wife as much as he loves Cubans.
Did we elect a black president? WHITE AMERICA DID THAT FOR YOU YOU UNGRATEFUL POS.
Charities & foundations supported by Beyonce

http://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/beyon...

Charities & foundations supported by Jay-Z

Artists for Peace and Justice
Boys & Girls Clubs of America
Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS
GRAMMY Foundation

Music for Relief
PlayPumps
Red Cross

Causes supported

AIDS & HIV, At-Risk/Disadvantaged Youths, Children, Creative Arts, Disaster Relief, Environment, Health, Human Rights, Miscellaneous, Poverty, Water

...Also

'YER DUMB'

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

x0x0x wrote:
FYI

Jay and Beyoncé are almost worth one billion dollars so they won't have to worry about their money running out. Their Children and children's children will be rich.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

I thought we were supposed to hate rich people?

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

pamiety wrote:
<quoted text>
Charities & foundations supported by Beyonce
http://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/beyon...
Charities & foundations supported by Jay-Z
Artists for Peace and Justice
Boys & Girls Clubs of America
Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS
GRAMMY Foundation
Music for Relief
PlayPumps
Red Cross
Causes supported
AIDS & HIV, At-Risk/Disadvantaged Youths, Children, Creative Arts, Disaster Relief, Environment, Health, Human Rights, Miscellaneous, Poverty, Water
...Also
'YER DUMB'
They are racists against white people (weird considering they both look half white) and after JZ's silly little rap about President Obama and Cuba, everyone knows it. They hate white people. They hate America. They hate how our democracy works. Now they support communism in Cuba where 95% of the country is poor. Their stupidity is epic.

First, Beyonce (the oh-so-average singer) FAKE performs at the inauguration and now, they write a rap dissing their own country, so I can't wait to see the repercussions. I guarantee you they will not be sleeping at the White House anymore nor will they be spending any more time with the President and Michelle. These over-hyped racists BLEW IT! Too funny.

Beyonce and Jay Z are as talentless as they are classless.
Glad to see, however, that they give money to charities.
Thanks for the info setting me straight in that area, but, they are still trash.

Have a great day!

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

pamiety wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI
Jay and Beyoncé are almost worth one billion dollars so they won't have to worry about their money running out. Their Children and children's children will be rich.
Money can't buy you intelligence, talent or class and Jay Z and Beyonce prove that day in and day out.

Sorry you have such low standards.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

RustyS wrote:
I thought we were supposed to hate rich people?
I don't hate them.
I don't hate them for being rich.
I dislike them for hating white people
and for dissing their own country
and praising a country with 95%
poverty oh, and Cuba also
tried to blow us off the face of
the earth.

If you love Cuba, you hate America
and Jayz and Beyonce proved that
with their silly little rap and
their FAKE performance at the Presidential
Inauguration.

All that money and they are still classless and mindless.

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>I don't hate them.
I don't hate them for being rich.
I dislike them for hating white people
and for dissing their own country
and praising a country with 95%
poverty oh, and Cuba also
tried to blow us off the face of
the earth.
If you love Cuba, you hate America
and Jayz and Beyonce proved that
with their silly little rap and
their FAKE performance at the Presidential
Inauguration.
All that money and they are still classless and mindless.
You have proven that you dislike black people. Where have you seen that they don't like white people? Just because you say that they don't like white people doesn't make it so. Beyoncé doesn't perform in the song open Letter with Jay-Z.(fyi) Beyoncé lip sync her own voice. So get over it.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

pamiety wrote:
<quoted text>
You have proven that you dislike black people. Where have you seen that they don't like white people? Just because you say that they don't like white people doesn't make it so. Beyoncé doesn't perform in the song open Letter with Jay-Z.(fyi) Beyoncé lip sync her own voice. So get over it.
LOL. That's funny stuff!!!
I have been on topix for 6 years
and I can't count how many racists
I have gone toe-to-toe with over
that time. Le Jimbo, American Infidel,
Laughing Liberal, Inbred...etc.
Feel free to check out my prior responses
to racists and bigots. If anything,
JayZ and Mrs. Z are black racists which
is funny since Beyonce uses every trick
in the book to look white including
blonde hair.

I campaigned for President Obama twice and voted for him twice. I admire Michelle Obama, Colin Powell, Rev. Al Sharpton, MLK Jr., Maya Angelou, Oprah, etc and for your information, my kid's school is 30 minutes away BY CHOICE. The best school in the area is in the middle of the hood and I choose to send them there instead of right down the street with a bunch of lazy, spoiled, stupid white kids.

Now, back to the subject...Beyonce's music is mindless. One of her most recent songs is something about women ruling the world and I think the whole thing has a total of 10 words in it repeated over and over again. I don't like her style of dance or the sound of her music. She has a great voice, no doubt but all her songs sound the same as do Jay Z's, which don't even qualify as "songs". They are rap and it's the same old shit every song. Same beat. Same whiny lyrics. That has nothing to do with racism, dear. That's my opinion and as much as you don't like it, it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. This couple has screwed up BIG on two separate occasions. They have tarnished their own brand but as you say, they have money. For you, that's all that matters. I guarantee you they love their money but hate how people criticize them and in the end, if they aren't respected, they will be miserable and there won't be enough money to dry their tears of "I'm not worthy".

PS: Usher, Chris Brown, Alicia Keys etc...now THEY have talent.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

love & kisses says: "Beyonce uses every trick in the book to look white including blonde hair."

A racist comment if I've ever heard one. I'm still not sure what the difference is between a white racist and a black racist. Isn’t a racist is a racist.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

RustyS wrote:
love & kisses says: "Beyonce uses every trick in the book to look white including blonde hair."
A racist comment if I've ever heard one. I'm still not sure what the difference is between a white racist and a black racist. Isn’t a racist is a racist.
Beyonce has long, fake, blonde hair and in many photo shoots she looks white. She's been criticized for that for years, not by me, but world wide. Sorry, but how does stating that fact make me racist? It doesn't but nice try. As they say, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one but you just happen to be one of those people that resolves an argument you are LOSING with "you're a racist." Obviously you didn't have the time or energy to read my other posts because you debate like an emotional child instead of an intelligent adult.

Jay Z says "DC ain't done s*#$ for me".
That's funny. I'm pretty sure DC
Emancipated the slaves, desegregated
public schools, passed the Voting
Rights Act and passed Affirmative Action.
Is he thankful for the hard work of mostly
white men who furthered the black cause? No.
Instead, he praises Cuba and Castro, a man
who slaughters thousands of Cubans and has
kept 95% of them living in poverty for
decades. All that money and Jay Z is still
barely educated. You must be so proud.
The rest of us are embarrassed. With people
like Bush, Trump and JayZ representing the US,
no wonder the world looks at us like we're idiots.

PS: xoxox doesn't stand for 'love and kisses' just
as rusty probably doesn't stand for the condition
of your brain.

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>Beyonce has long, fake, blonde hair and in many photo shoots she looks white. She's been criticized for that for years, not by me, but world wide. Sorry, but how does stating that fact make me racist? It doesn't but nice try. As they say, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one but you just happen to be one of those people that resolves an argument you are LOSING with "you're a racist." Obviously you didn't have the time or energy to read my other posts because you debate like an emotional child instead of an intelligent adult.
Jay Z says "DC ain't done s*#$ for me".
That's funny. I'm pretty sure DC
Emancipated the slaves, desegregated
public schools, passed the Voting
Rights Act and passed Affirmative Action.
Is he thankful for the hard work of mostly
white men who furthered the black cause? No.
Instead, he praises Cuba and Castro, a man
who slaughters thousands of Cubans and has
kept 95% of them living in poverty for
decades. All that money and Jay Z is still
barely educated. You must be so proud.
The rest of us are embarrassed. With people
like Bush, Trump and JayZ representing the US,
no wonder the world looks at us like we're idiots.
PS: xoxox doesn't stand for 'love and kisses' just
as rusty probably doesn't stand for the condition
of your brain.

You still haven't explained how are they are racist?

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

pamiety wrote:
<quoted text>
You still haven't explained how are they are racist?
Whilst you avoid their anti-American, anti-white sentiment displayed in his silly song.
"DC ain't done shit for me."
Who is DC run by?
Blacks or whites?

"Turn Havana into Atlanta".
Do you think it's coincidence
that JayZ picked a city that
is predominantly black? Why didn't he
turn Havana into the Bronx or Brooklyn or L.A.?
Too many white people there now, I guess.

Have you listened to JayZ's music or do you just like repeating questions that you already know the answer to? He dislikes white people, as do many blacks, particularly rappers, and I'm ok with that. His ignorant parents probably instilled those ideas in him so it's not really his fault. I'm not going to take personal offense at his comments since it's obvious his education hasn't done shit for him, either. He's happy being a rich, angry, black racist and Beyonce's ok with that. It has no effect on my life or anyone else in this country. However, when you cozy up with our enemies and PUBLICLY diss your own country that is currently at war, you deserve all the criticism coming your way, never mind writing a stupid song that a 2nd grade student could have come up with....lol.

Let's see if the Obama's have finally learned their lesson and stop rubbing shoulders with barely educated, angry, hateful, new-money losers like Mr. and Mrs Z. I bet they have.

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>Whilst you avoid their anti-American, anti-white sentiment displayed in his silly song.
"DC ain't done shit for me."
Who is DC run by?
Blacks or whites?
"Turn Havana into Atlanta".
Do you think it's coincidence
that JayZ picked a city that
is predominantly black? Why didn't he
turn Havana into the Bronx or Brooklyn or L.A.?
Too many white people there now, I guess.
Have you listened to JayZ's music or do you just like repeating questions that you already know the answer to? He dislikes white people, as do many blacks, particularly rappers, and I'm ok with that. His ignorant parents probably instilled those ideas in him so it's not really his fault. I'm not going to take personal offense at his comments since it's obvious his education hasn't done shit for him, either. He's happy being a rich, angry, black racist and Beyonce's ok with that. It has no effect on my life or anyone else in this country. However, when you cozy up with our enemies and PUBLICLY diss your own country that is currently at war, you deserve all the criticism coming your way, never mind writing a stupid song that a 2nd grade student could have come up with....lol.
Let's see if the Obama's have finally learned their lesson and stop rubbing shoulders with barely educated, angry, hateful, new-money losers like Mr. and Mrs Z. I bet they have.
You spew nonsense constantly. You state Jay is racist and you use who runs DC? That's not a strong argument for calling someone a racist. Clearly you know not your history of OUR country. Racism is threaded throughout the fabric of our country's history.(which may be our downfall)

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

pamiety wrote:
<quoted text>
You spew nonsense constantly. You state Jay is racist and you use who runs DC? That's not a strong argument for calling someone a racist. Clearly you know not your history of OUR country. Racism is threaded throughout the fabric of our country's history.(which may be our downfall)
I know exactly how many representatives in the House are white and I know how man Senators in the Senate are black and NEWSFLASH...the majority are white males and that's just the current Congress. Until 20 years ago, it was 99% white and male. I'm sorry your take on history is so distorted. Must be all that Jay Z cRAP you are listening to.

If you don't know that, I'm sorry I wasted so many keystrokes.
I know the history of our country and I know people like you (lower income) are too angry to be grateful for the advances of the African American Community. Most black Americans are hardworking and are quite embarrassed by the antics of people like JayZ that just keep setting back the advancement of blacks. You must know why. JayZ's music wouldn't be appealing to an educated, successful, black populous, would it? Who would buy his anti-social, distorted view of American history, particularly whites? No body. Without white people fighting for equality of blacks in the past, JayZ would more than likely be on welfare.

You have yourself a great day and try not to be so angry.

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>I know exactly how many representatives in the House are white and I know how man Senators in the Senate are black and NEWSFLASH...the majority are white males and that's just the current Congress. Until 20 years ago, it was 99% white and male. I'm sorry your take on history is so distorted. Must be all that Jay Z cRAP you are listening to.
If you don't know that, I'm sorry I wasted so many keystrokes.
I know the history of our country and I know people like you (lower income) are too angry to be grateful for the advances of the African American Community. Most black Americans are hardworking and are quite embarrassed by the antics of people like JayZ that just keep setting back the advancement of blacks. You must know why. JayZ's music wouldn't be appealing to an educated, successful, black populous, would it? Who would buy his anti-social, distorted view of American history, particularly whites? No body. Without white people fighting for equality of blacks in the past, JayZ would more than likely be on welfare.
You have yourself a great day and try not to be so angry.
Redundancy (you saying the same thing over and over) again still doesn't validate your asinine points. You make assumptions that are clueless. I'm find you so humorous because you think you know my economic status. Please answer this question how were you able to deduct my financial status? Was it my icon or did I say anything about being poor or financially challenged? Again what is your point about the race and gender of Congress?

You do know when you assume ... you make an as*...

Again you make very poor arguments to validate your ignorance.

You have a very good day.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

pamiety wrote:
<quoted text>
Redundancy (you saying the same thing over and over) again still doesn't validate your asinine points. You make assumptions that are clueless. I'm find you so humorous because you think you know my economic status. Please answer this question how were you able to deduct my financial status? Was it my icon or did I say anything about being poor or financially challenged? Again what is your point about the race and gender of Congress?
You do know when you assume ... you make an as*...
Again you make very poor arguments to validate your ignorance.
You have a very good day.
Ok, so you're a billionaire from Toledo and instead of yachting and golfing, you are on topix every day. Got it.

As for repeating myself, why do you think that is? Notice how you never addressed ANY of my points about AA, Voting rights act, the Emancipation Proclamation, our first black president and JayZ's silly comment that "DC ain't done s*&$ for me". You avoided them and continue to say that I'm a racist and that he, is not a racist. Typical go-to argument when you don't have an intellectual leg to stand on.

Jay Z is ungrateful, uneducated, and uncouth. Remaining by his side, silent and compliant, is Beyonce. I have no respect for either of them and considering the only GOOD thing you have said about them is that they are rich, proves you have very low standards. G'day.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

That's what I thought. Can't answer any questions with legitimacy so instead of screaming "racist", Pamiety runs away and avoids the conversation completely. Typical. All bark, no brains, I mean bite.

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

x0x0x wrote:
That's what I thought. Can't answer any questions with legitimacy so instead of screaming "racist", Pamiety runs away and avoids the conversation completely. Typical. All bark, no brains, I mean bite.
I have chosen to ignore you. It's not required for me to respond to silly statements. Every thing that you have tried to switch the topic with is 'dumb' and I'm ignoring it. By no means am I not able to respond to anything you post because you are not a threat.

I'm going to let you have the last word because you bore me.

Toodles

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Rap Forum right now

Search the Rap Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Do Rappers Hate Black Women? Afro Glitz Magazine (Feb '10) 8 hr black woman speak 293
How bad does sex hurt the first time? (Jul '08) 22 hr vicky laster 5,502
Top 10 Best Freestyle Rappers of All Time (Aug '09) Thu eyedea weloveu 198
Jay-Z causes controversy by wearing medallion o... Wed Righteous 121
http://mashable.com/2014/04/14/ed-sheeran-beyon... Wed Taylor Swift 3
Top 10 fastest Rappers (Nov '08) Apr 15 twister invade 465
Justin Bieber compares himself to Michael Jacks... Apr 15 Len is Disgusted 121
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••