50 Cent Sues Taco Bell Over '99 Cent' Ad

50 Cent Sues Taco Bell Over '99 Cent' Ad

There are 92 comments on the KNBC Los Angeles story from Jul 24, 2008, titled 50 Cent Sues Taco Bell Over '99 Cent' Ad. In it, KNBC Los Angeles reports that:

A lot of people thought it was cute when Taco Bell came up with an ad that asks the rapper to change his name to 99 Cent -- but 50 Cent isn't laughing, he's suing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KNBC Los Angeles.

pbs

Fort Worth, TX

#21 Jul 24, 2008
I think he's asking for $4 million so that he can pay all his skanky baby mommas. He is going through some crazy drama with one of his baby momma. He's so old news...guess this is his way of trying to keep his name out there..can't stand rap music anyways

Since: Jul 08

Dallas, TX

#22 Jul 24, 2008
NotALemming wrote:
A "charity of his choice"? Like what -- the state prison inmate welfare fund????
If I am not mistaken, the correct name of the charity is the "Butt Plug Fund". Another one that is in the making is the "Baggy Pants League".
Rap n Jack

New York, NY

#23 Jul 24, 2008
what a bunch of losers
Soldat

Altena, Germany

#24 Jul 24, 2008
NotALemming wrote:
A "charity of his choice"? Like what -- the state prison inmate welfare fund????
My your comment might be funny if it weren't so ignorant.

Mr. Curtis Jackson has contributed several thousands of dollars to youth foundations throughout his career.

You can fault him for many things...charitable contributions isn't one of them.

Please refrain from contributing to sterotyping.
Southern Gal

Toms River, NJ

#25 Jul 24, 2008
Another get me rich scam by FIDDY huh??? What damagges would he be referring too??? His busted out gorilla face or from what i've heard.......his 2 sec 2 inch...well you all get the drift. Well at least he can speak english now and again.......at least when they let him out of the zoo cage for the day
Soldat

Altena, Germany

#27 Jul 24, 2008
pbs wrote:
I think he's asking for $4 million so that he can pay all his skanky baby mommas. He is going through some crazy drama with one of his baby momma. He's so old news...guess this is his way of trying to keep his name out there..can't stand rap music anyways
He only has one "baby momma" to public knowledge & by most accounts is a good father & provider for his one son...many even suggest he should seek custody from the mother who is thought to be unfit & a "gold digger". She thought 1/2 a mil in non-court ordered child support a year too little to raise their son in a house he paid for. He took her to court & the court reduced the amount he pays & ordered her to pay him rent.

Plus those who follow Hip Hop know he doesn't need this to keep his name in the headlines or 4 million for child support.
TxGirl

Stephenville, TX

#28 Jul 24, 2008
drewski969 wrote:
What was Taco Bell thinking?... 50-Cent?... This creates a HUGE image issue for them. If 50-Cent is going to join their "crew" then the chihuahua is out and needs to be replaced with a couple of fighting Rotweilers, the Drive-Thru needs to be changed to a Driver-By and there's is just no way that anyone is going to eat a taco made from Tony Roma's ribs.
lol ...funny
ray from denton

Austin, TX

#29 Jul 24, 2008
just a greedy thug! When offered $10,000 and have it go to charity, they got no reply. Now 2 quarters want $4 million, give him nothing.

“I love people ;)”

Hurst, TX

#30 Jul 24, 2008
Soldat wrote:
<quoted text>
He only has one "baby momma" to public knowledge & by most accounts is a good father & provider for his one son...many even suggest he should seek custody from the mother who is thought to be unfit & a "gold digger". She thought 1/2 a mil in non-court ordered child support a year too little to raise their son in a house he paid for. He took her to court & the court reduced the amount he pays & ordered her to pay him rent.
Plus those who follow Hip Hop know he doesn't need this to keep his name in the headlines or 4 million for child support.
Why are you trying to defend him? He never took the offer for the name change. Therefore, passing up the chance to give money to his beloved youth charity is low.

Not to mention, suing for 4 million dollars because someone used your name is ridicules. He is a DUMB*A*S*S.
Kim

Downey, CA

#31 Jul 24, 2008
All I can do is laugh at all of these hilarious comments!!! This 50 cent person is such a joke!!! I love the comment that he is donating it to the Home for Wayward Strippers in LA..... HAH!!!! That is great.....
Tammy

Manchester, CT

#32 Jul 24, 2008
Get over yourself 50!
MC HAMMER

San Diego, CA

#33 Jul 24, 2008
50 Cent is a smart black man, he did not sell-out like me.

To this day everyone laughs at me for peddling Taco Bell in my baggy pants :(
Amanda

Wayne, PA

#34 Jul 24, 2008
I am so tired of these multi-million dollar artists/actors going "sue-crazy" over any little thing! You people have MORE than enough money to last any regular person a life time! Why do you need another $4 million? Taco Bell should just send him $4 million worth of tacos!
Tyrone Washington Jackson

Lewisville, TX

#35 Jul 24, 2008
50 Cent needs a check up from the neck up!!!
OC Gal

Topanga, CA

#36 Jul 24, 2008
Wow, so many jealous, filthy white, trailer trash talking on this board. If you can't stand that he has more money than your sorry asses ever will in your lifetimes combined, too bad! Losers! And you think that heavy metal is any better than rap, what with all the meth, heroin, cocaine and any other drug you can think of that they are using? You people make me sick.

“I love people ;)”

Hurst, TX

#37 Jul 24, 2008
OC Gal wrote:
Wow, so many jealous, filthy white, trailer trash talking on this board. If you can't stand that he has more money than your sorry asses ever will in your lifetimes combined, too bad! Losers! And you think that heavy metal is any better than rap, what with all the meth, heroin, cocaine and any other drug you can think of that they are using? You people make me sick.
You make me sick for being so judgmental. Oh wait were not you just Bitching about that. Hmmm hypocritical...ya think? We are not jealous of his money; just think he should not sue someone else over something so petty. Acts like this cause many fights between people. If some were not so selfish, the world would be so much better.

Moreover, in your case...you are a lost cause :)

“I love people ;)”

Hurst, TX

#38 Jul 24, 2008
One more thing OC Gal, it makes me laugh about how ignorant you are to think that this man deserves anything...
TxGirl

Stephenville, TX

#39 Jul 24, 2008
Chrissy06 wrote:
One more thing OC Gal, it makes me laugh about how ignorant you are to think that this man deserves anything...
LOL u go girl

“Send 'em back, kids & all !!”

Since: Feb 08

Huntington Beach, CA

#40 Jul 24, 2008
Chrissy06 wrote:
No fair, Chrissy! You're using logic, reason and a sound argument on her. You're only allowed responses like "Oh, Yeah?" and "Snap!"

“I love people ;)”

Hurst, TX

#41 Jul 24, 2008
drewski969 wrote:
<quoted text>
No fair, Chrissy! You're using logic, reason and a sound argument on her. You're only allowed responses like "Oh, Yeah?" and "Snap!"
Thanks for the support drewski and TX girl.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News This well-known rapper to perform in Myrtle Bea... 3 hr Julie 1
[NEW EP] K-Way x Mattick! - Double G World May 19 thekidmattick 1
[NEW SLAP] Mattick! - I Live in Marin II [feat.... May 19 thekidmattick 1
News Just announced: The Beyonc and Jay-Z tou... May 9 Spunk 2
News Rapper 50 Cent says Instagram takes down his s*... May 9 Courtney S 1
News Home of rapper Young Buck raided by IRS in Sumn... (Aug '10) May 8 KCL 23
News Jay-Z's Mom Coming out Made a Huge Impact on Pe... May 7 Rubio s Foam Partays 7