What's up with rappers in Atlanta?

What's up with rappers in Atlanta?

There are 12 comments on the Atlanta Journal-Constitution story from Nov 5, 2007, titled What's up with rappers in Atlanta?. In it, Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that:

“It's even hard for the cops to put me under arrest/ irresistably huggable and lovable when I gotta wiggle myself out of the trouble I get in/ I'm Da Brat, officer/ he turned and laughed/ and said 'stop disturbing' and got an autograph.”

Warning: If you're a rapper planning to touch down in Atlanta, turn the charter jet around. via Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

John

Richmond, VA

#1 Nov 6, 2007
"Early Tuesday, police said, female performer Da Brat cut a waitress when she hit her in the face with a rum bottle at a Tucker-area nightclub."
"Detroit rapper Kid Rock's battery arrest Oct. 21 after an early-morning fight with a patron at a Waffle House restaurant on Buford Highway."
"Atlanta rapper T.I.'s arrest Oct. 13 on charges he got caught in an undercover sting trying to use a bodyguard to buy machine guns and silencers."

Why warn the rappers?
Instead warn the citizens of Atlanta.
You go, APD!
Jawga Boy

Atlanta, GA

#2 Nov 6, 2007
When you only have ONE parent, listen to others, you are apt to become like this!

As usual, she'll get a slap on the wrist, and walk.

Typical of today's society.
Big Ern

Paradise, TX

#3 Nov 6, 2007
Why can't today's black entertainers be cool like Jimi Hendrix?
dumb rapper

Apopka, FL

#4 Nov 6, 2007
Most of these stories are publicity stunts and the public falls for it. You can get a million dollars worth of publicity for a small fight...they know this.
John

Richmond, VA

#5 Nov 6, 2007
dumb rapper wrote:
Most of these stories are publicity stunts and the public falls for it. You can get a million dollars worth of publicity for a small fight...they know this.
I'd say that a broken nose from a celebrity is worth at least $250,000.
Gray code

Englewood, CO

#6 Nov 6, 2007
Big Ern wrote:
Dying from a drug overdose aint't cool.))))) black Atlanta wrestler, "Hardbody" Harrison Norris, is on trial for keeping sex slaves in his Georgia home. He pimped them out as prostitutes against their will.))))) Ray Lewis and friends came to Atlanta and stabbed two tourists to death just for calling their 'hoes,'hoes.))))) It isn't just rappers. Atlanta attracts all kinds of criminals.))))) Atlanta's former mayor, Bill Campbell, is in prison now.))))) Dekalb County Sheriff, Sidney Dorsey, murdered his political opponent after losing the election.))))) Atlanta is the thug capital of America.
RIGHT

United States

#7 Nov 6, 2007
Big Ern wrote:
ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY DEAD LIKE JIMI OR HIGH LIKE JIMI

“The One You Love To Hate”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#9 Nov 14, 2007
KROBINS wrote:
Hey guys, How are you all doing?
I am a 2nd year graduate student majoring in Public Administration.
I would appreciate it so much if any of you will just take 5 to 7 minutes to complete my online survey. If you know anyone else who is interested, please tell them about this survey too.(help a student out please)
My survey is about racial disparities in the criminal justice system, one’s attitude toward the perception of minorities.
http://www.surveyconsole.com/console/TakeSurv...
If the link does not work, please copy and paste
DO NOT OPEN THIS LINK!!!

THIS LINK HAS A VIRUS ATTACHED TO IT. IT WILL CAUSE YOUR COMPUTER TO BE ATTACKED.

I OPENED IT AND MY SECURITY SOFTWARE STARTING BUGGING OUT AND NOTIFYING ME IT WAS HAVING TO BLOCK INTRUSION ATTACKS!!!
Wedge

Brentwood, TN

#10 Nov 14, 2007
Gray code wrote:
<quoted text>Dying from a drug overdose aint't cool.))))) black Atlanta wrestler, "Hardbody" Harrison Norris, is on trial for keeping sex slaves in his Georgia home. He pimped them out as prostitutes against their will.))))) Ray Lewis and friends came to Atlanta and stabbed two tourists to death just for calling their 'hoes,'hoes.))))) It isn't just rappers. Atlanta attracts all kinds of criminals.))))) Atlanta's former mayor, Bill Campbell, is in prison now.))))) Dekalb County Sheriff, Sidney Dorsey, murdered his political opponent after losing the election.))))) Atlanta is the thug capital of America.
Speak the truth.I carry a gun and as nice as Atlanta is I never go south of Midtown because of all the thugs.
solja boy

AOL

#11 Apr 3, 2008
my mom and dad said thay wont you to come to theair concert in chicagoo please call us to get more infomation i love you music if you thinking how old i am i am 9 geoaing on ten may fithteen and why am not in school i do home school
thay say that thay will give you six hundread dollars so please i went all of you concert so please please please please
call 17734258243

“"No No No...Dig UP stupid"”

Since: Apr 08

Boston, Massachusetts

#12 Apr 10, 2008
Yolanda wrote:
<quoted text>
DO NOT OPEN THIS LINK!!!
THIS LINK HAS A VIRUS ATTACHED TO IT. IT WILL CAUSE YOUR COMPUTER TO BE ATTACKED.
I OPENED IT AND MY SECURITY SOFTWARE STARTING BUGGING OUT AND NOTIFYING ME IT WAS HAVING TO BLOCK INTRUSION ATTACKS!!!
THANK YOU FOR THE HEADS-UP!!!!!!!!!!
my opinion

Caruthersville, MO

#13 Aug 3, 2013
like PIMP C say -give a hoe no le-way. but t.i. is the king. hes my fav artist. he can do wateva he wants! hatas sweerrrvve.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kimmel: Low black unemployment should be credit... Feb 20 jimmy 20
[BAY AREA SLAP?BANGER] Solo C feat. Mattick! - ... Feb 15 thekidmatttick 1
A song I wrote and recorded honoring a friend w... Feb 15 thekidmatttick 1
News Rapper X-Raided Stabbed 8 Times In Prison Riot ... (May '10) Feb 13 Gamemmaker 35
News Jay-Z 'files Jaybo trademark documents' Feb 11 wicycarter 2
News the Best Rapper Ever: Eminem vs. 2Pac (Aug '09) Feb 11 wicycarter 245
News Graham: Firing Mueller would end of Trump's pre... Jan 30 Trump is a joke 11
More from around the web