Portrait Gallery exhibit gives hip-hop a good rap

Full story: Baltimore Sun 41
The National Portrait Gallery in downtown Washington has definitely changed since its reopening in 2006. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Darryl Harris

Arlington, VA

#1 Aug 15, 2008
Hello, I am a relative of one of the old school hip hop artists from Baltimore, MD and i think they should be mentiond. Each and every artist help improve Hip Hop. Here are some of the artists.
Khaos & Dba
Numark Crew - Kevin Liles { former executive producer of Def Jam records}, Dj Spinna , Studio Moe, Blackswing.{ this ends the numark Crew list.}
Baby Kodad
Krash Nice
Runaway Slaves
Charm City Crew
Circle of Native Vibes
{ For sources go to Baghat Vinyl .com, Diggers with grattitude. com, or you can look around for some of those artists.}
That MC

Arlington, VA

#2 Aug 15, 2008
I agree. If you are going to have a Hip Hop museum in our state \ city you should have some of our artists in it.
Dskillz
smitty

Atchison, KS

#3 Aug 18, 2008
what group came out of balitmore and made it nationally? just curious, cause I have never heard of any of those guys and I'm an old school cat from the Bronx.
Dharris

Arlington, VA

#4 Sep 2, 2008
Kevin Liles and the Numarx crew made it nationally.
Kevin Liles was a former vice president of Def jam and was a MC with the Mumarx Crew
Trivia

Arlington, VA

#5 Sep 2, 2008
smitty wrote:
what group came out of balitmore and made it nationally? just curious, cause I have never heard of any of those guys and I'm an old school cat from the Bronx.
Kevin Liles made it.
smitty

Atchison, KS

#6 Sep 3, 2008
Trivia wrote:
<quoted text>Kevin Liles made it.
I know who kevin liles is but he isnt an artist. What artist out of B-more has made.
Darryl Harris

Arlington, VA

#7 Sep 30, 2008
smitty wrote:
<quoted text>
I know who kevin liles is but he isnt an artist. What artist out of B-more has made.
Kenin Liles was a rapper for the Numarx Crew and after that he started working for Def Jam.
smitty

Atchison, KS

#8 Sep 30, 2008
Darryl Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
Kenin Liles was a rapper for the Numarx Crew and after that he started working for Def Jam.
yeah but that group wasnt national. He just works for def-jam. I still dont know any group or rappers that were sucessful from balitmore.
Dba

Baltimore, MD

#9 Sep 30, 2008
dru hill, mario, video and movie director Chris Robinson (ATL), and many more people from Baltimore have made it..
smitty

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Oct 3, 2008
Dba wrote:
dru hill, mario, video and movie director Chris Robinson (ATL), and many more people from Baltimore have made it..
we are talking about rappers not singers./
Kid Ghost

Arlington, VA

#11 Nov 3, 2008
smitty wrote:
<quoted text>
we are talking about rappers not singers./
Yo are there any rappers in the house who want to battle
-mAria-

Spring, TX

#12 Nov 3, 2008
some of these people dont know wat dey talkn bout it's alot of people who made it from baltimore hell go google it and best beleive youll find some
Dharris

United States

#13 Nov 22, 2008
Labtekwon is from Baltimore
Trife

United States

#14 Nov 22, 2008
Yo What's up
40 years a go { November 20} a dude from Jamaica named Dj Kool Herc threw a party and started hip hop as we knew it. This Dude was throwing parties in South Bronx. So then after a couple years, Grandmaster Flash { who lived on the other side of town} started taking hip hop to the 5 parts of NY.
Then,later {1980 -present} we have our Positive hip hop and our negative. And first it was positive, until The media started pushing all of this negative mess now. But it's like everybody in this rap game has to be hard and all that, that's exactly why { Don't get me wrong, I love hip hop to death} the rap game is how it is now.

Well alright I just wanted to post some history.

Peace :
Kid ghost, Khaos & Dba, and the whole Charm City Crew
Shorty T aka Tiny Tut

Irvine, CA

#15 Mar 23, 2009
Don't forget the We Rock Crew (aka The Murphy Crew) and The Golden Boys. These might've just been crews that sent their tapes in to Chuck Maxx and WEBB, but they were good.
Anyone here have any tapes of the Charm City Crew, We Rock Crew, or Golden Boys. I can remember some of their raps almost verbatim, but I can't find them anywhere online.
smitty

Brooklyn, NY

#16 Mar 24, 2009
Darryl Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
like I said he wasnt a rapper.or atleast a known rapper in NYC/NJ.
smitty

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Mar 24, 2009
Trife wrote:
Yo What's up
40 years a go { November 20} a dude from Jamaica named Dj Kool Herc threw a party and started hip hop as we knew it. This Dude was throwing parties in South Bronx. So then after a couple years, Grandmaster Flash { who lived on the other side of town} started taking hip hop to the 5 parts of NY.
Then,later {1980 -present} we have our Positive hip hop and our negative. And first it was positive, until The media started pushing all of this negative mess now. But it's like everybody in this rap game has to be hard and all that, that's exactly why { Don't get me wrong, I love hip hop to death} the rap game is how it is now.
Well alright I just wanted to post some history.
Peace :
Kid ghost, Khaos & Dba, and the whole Charm City Crew
thats a very idealistic view of what went down but it wasnt like that. I am from the BX,(Grand concourse) hip-hop was a gradual thing. Sure Herc was doing parties at the Hevalo but it didnt all start there.
Narwaniec

Kraków, Poland

#18 Mar 30, 2009

“Life Sucks. ”

Since: Mar 08

Savannah Ga

#19 Mar 30, 2009
smitty wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah but that group wasnt national. He just works for def-jam. I still dont know any group or rappers that were sucessful from balitmore.
damn dog stfu geez admit it you got schooled.

“Life Sucks. ”

Since: Mar 08

Savannah Ga

#20 Mar 30, 2009
Kid Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo are there any rappers in the house who want to battle
yo lets do it. U first.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lawyer for Eminem's wife files response to divo... (May '06) 10 hr Emily Gail 10
Big Sean: Ariana Grande 'Is Very Special to Me' Sep 27 59_Strat 1
With rap star, Georgia gov. taps unlikely partner Sep 26 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
Do You Remember Hip Hop's Most Cuddly Moments? ... Sep 25 Steve 1
50 Cent, Beanie Sigel Call Out Jay-Z In 'I Go Off' (Nov '09) Sep 24 Gmoney 4
What the Hell Is Sizzurp? (Mar '13) Sep 23 MOWiE WOWiE 10
How bad does sex hurt the first time? (Jul '08) Sep 21 tom 5,998

Rap People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE