One gang member left to stand alone in 'Zoo'

Full story: San Bernardino County Sun

COLTON All but one member of the Colton City Crips are now banished from ``The Zoo.'' Authorities said Lawrence White or ``40 Glocc,'' as he's known in the rap world may have delayed the inevitable.
Comments
1 - 20 of 25 Comments Last updated May 2, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DANNY

San Bernardino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

it is about time that somebody cleaned up the 'ZOO'. nice going Colton Police Department, it is time you did your job to Serve & Protect the good people of Colton! keep up the good work.
Man from Colton

La Crescenta, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

C'mon, we all know why that place is called the "ZOO". Its full of wild animals. You know Black Trash! Another thing, who the hell is 40 Glocc? Just because he can rhyme makes him famous? Try this one, hickory, dickory doc....your a dumb ass!!!
Cal

San Bernardino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

I'd never heard of this guy so I went to his MySpace page. You should see all of the postings from losers like him about the "Freedom of Free Speech".
I'm just waiting - live by the gun, die by the gun - what he doesn't realize is the DA may have just saved his sorry life.
COLTON

Colton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

colton city leave those crips alone they just tryin to make a living...40 glocc stay ridiin.....
Observer

Colton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2008

Cal wrote:
I'd never heard of this guy so I went to his MySpace page. You should see all of the postings from losers like him about the "Freedom of Free Speech".
I'm just waiting - live by the gun, die by the gun - what he doesn't realize is the DA may have just saved his sorry life.
you should see all the losers on Topix complaining about someone posting about "Freedom of Free Speech"
while exercising their own rights of "Free Speech".
HYPOCRITE !
So now the whole injunction thing is starting to make sense-it's a publicity move to bring tourism to Colton ! Or is it a smear campaign orchestrated by Colton City Council Member Richard De La Rosa? As a Corrections Officer,he would have had word a long time ago that someone,with gang ties,living in HIS DISTRICT had a recording contract.This is MTV headline material(if it has not already been on yet),and G-Unit has the $ and connections to milk this on an international level,with CNN outside City Hall.De La Rosa has shown twice he wants to be Mayor by campaigning for it -I won't be suprised if he campaigns again in 2010 and uses this incident and the subsequent bad press this will give Colton as something to point his finger at incumbant Mayor Chastain and imply she brought it on.All DelRosa needs to do to get anything he wants (like call the police continually with real and exagerated complaints in a gang area is promise to "watch out" for someobodys loved one if they are at the prison where he is a guard.Did the DA and Police Chief know prior to this there was a celeb living there that would be effected or are they unwitting pawns of DeLaRosa,who was subject to an investigation earlier this year by the police union?There have been no murders attributed to this complex or members of the gang residing there,but there has been across town off Mt.Vernon.Where is the highly publicized injunction there?I know some will say it is forthcoming,but why not issue that one first,after all,a murder was commited ?
If DeLaRosa claims not to be involved,then obviously he is not doing his job.African Americans would sooner go to a political rep then the cops on such a problem(loitering,visible sells,etc,as alleged in the injunction).Did he not make himself availible ? Did he try to secure funding for prevention programs/grants for building a youth center in that area ,all readilly availible from the Fed Gov under former Attorney General Gonzales ' 3 step plan (prevention,rehab and then enforcement)? Perhaps
40 Glocc should run for DeLaRosa's seat based on the above.He'd probably win,as most residents I've spoke with in his district are fed up with his old school (ie corrupt) governing style
which includes pressuring residents,via threat of code enforcement violations,to hire his wayward brother Rocky and various other acts to further the whims and wants of his sister and family .One resdident told me of an elderly woman he evicted from property he owns and rents in his district ("votes for rent extensions!")in because a relative needed it.
Observer

Colton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2008

just checked this guy out on the net-seems he's on the fast road to being a household name,even dueting with such high profile names like Eminem and 50cent.As someone mentioned on another thread-injunctions happen all the time,we just don't hear about them.Did we really need to hear about this one?Had the da known there was a possibility that a major up and comer like 40glocc was affected,a man who has access to a multibillion dollar media machine that can make Colton look like a really bad place to live,would they perhaps have handled this more quietly ? Why ,if this is the case,didn't DeLaRosa warn them ?
Is he that blind to what goes on in his district
that he didn't know this guy was here? The implications are chilling.This is already big news around the world among hip hop afficiandos.
Soon the mainstream will think of Colton as a cesspool of gangs,Mexican millitants and anti-constitution establishment figures (the rapper is right,you know,as far as Freedom of Speech and odds are he'll win in court if his record company were to provide him high power attorney,Jesse Jackson backs him,etc..)
Ironic,how ,for all of Colton First blame game
against Kelly Chastain of ruining Colton it might be ,in the end,Colton Firsts' savior Richard DelRosa who has done so by his inaction or ignorance of his constituency,who ruins it.
This Dude is Crazy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2008

Observer wrote:
just checked this guy out on the net-seems he's on the fast road to being a household name,even dueting with such high profile names like Eminem and 50cent.As someone mentioned on another thread-injunctions happen all the time,we just don't hear about them.Did we really need to hear about this one?Had the da known there was a possibility that a major up and comer like 40glocc was affected,a man who has access to a multibillion dollar media machine that can make Colton look like a really bad place to live,would they perhaps have handled this more quietly ? Why ,if this is the case,didn't DeLaRosa warn them ?
Is he that blind to what goes on in his district
that he didn't know this guy was here? The implications are chilling.This is already big news around the world among hip hop afficiandos.
Soon the mainstream will think of Colton as a cesspool of gangs,Mexican millitants and anti-constitution establishment figures (the rapper is right,you know,as far as Freedom of Speech and odds are he'll win in court if his record company were to provide him high power attorney,Jesse Jackson backs him,etc..)
Ironic,how ,for all of Colton First blame game
against Kelly Chastain of ruining Colton it might be ,in the end,Colton Firsts' savior Richard DelRosa who has done so by his inaction or ignorance of his constituency,who ruins it.
Next time tell us about your alien abduction theory, it would make more sense than this garbage.
Observer

Colton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2008

This Dude is Crazy wrote:
<quoted text>
Next time tell us about your alien abduction theory, it would make more sense than this garbage.
and you sir,are blind to reality:
http://www.sohh.com/2008/08/sohh-exclusi-20.h...
that's only one out there on the world wide web
bone girl

Santa Ana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2008

This Dude is Crazy wrote:
<quoted text>
This theory sounds pretty good to me, Colton has always been low key, even thought it has had its share of crime, and Colton City Officials are being scrutinized alot and with good cause, these colton police are just as crooked as if not more then the Ice man cop in San Bernardino
Observer

Colton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2008

there certainly are alternatives to the action taken,which the rapper has vowed to take all the way to the Supreme Court (and of course even more negative press towards Colton)
http://www.psn.gov/default.aspx
DeLaRosa has been Councilman for those apartments for 10 years now-he could easily have implemented Project Safe Neigborhood (see link) and got Federal Funding to do so-but would have probably alienated the militants and hispanic gang members who make up the core of his supporters.Who will remove his opposition's campaign signs if he alienated those folks?(see http://www.pe.com/localnews/colton/stories/PE... - in the 2006 campaign DeLaRosa's opposition had 224 signs stolen)
wsv ie

Gilbert, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

its all about gang terrirory
the colton police are corrupt
there mostly from north side colton
the new wont tell ya that
how much you wanna bet north side moves in
i grew up in the are of the zoo . i know members. they actually keep the area safe
now mind you before you comment ...i went to rialto high ...right down the streetfrom the zoo.. were my principle had nsc(noth side colton) on the back of his neck covered up by his collar...its all bullsh*t gang politics...lets not forget how the rialto pd got replaced a few years back..also the guys comment was right about mt vernon. im from 7th street.. more shit goes on there thatn any where else..but i got one word for why they cant stop mt vernon MOB! MS13 THEY CANT STOP IT TOO MUCH POWER TOO MUCH LOYALTY
wsv ie

Gilbert, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

Its all goes a lot deeper than any joe smo can even imagin
Observer

Sun Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2008

wsv ie wrote:
... were my principle had nsc(noth side colton) on the back of his neck covered up by his collar...
sounds like Councilman DeLaRosa
haha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

They should move out all the decent people out of the zoo and put all the gang members in there and have a giant caged fight. Let them kill each other off and have it on pay perview. The money the make off of it should be given to a non profit organization that helps people that deserve assistance not people that insist on living off the government. Like parents that go to school and struggle to work a job and raise their families. Gangs are a waist of air and space and should be wiped off the face of the earth. Bunch of losers!!!!!!!!!! This is one reason why I wont move back to Cali until it is cleaned up.
Observer

Sun Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2008

Rapper included in injunction
By Colton Now on November 17, 2008 12:47 PM | Permalink | Comments (0)
A judge this morning ruled that a rapper who denied being part of the Colton City Crips does indeed belong to the street gang.
40 Glocc, whose real name is Lawrence White, will therefore remain part of a preliminary gang injunction that banishes about 60 Colton City Crips members from the Arbor Terrace apartments at Rancho Avenue and Mill Street.
[italics]San Bernardino Superior Court Judge Donald Alvarez also ordered prosecutor Mark Vos and White's attorneys to rewrite language in the injunction to ensure that White can continue to rap.[/italics]
White, 33, has filmed several videos at the apartment complex. The videos show men flashing guns and children asking about drugs.
Although White will retain his right to make rap videos, prosecutors said he should not be allowed to do it in the injunction's safety zone.
White is the only gang member to challenge his inclusion in the civil gang injunction. He was not present in court this morning.

--
David

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2008

Shoot all the gangmembers!!
Observer

Sun Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2008

David wrote:
Shoot all the gangmembers!!
what of the politicians who control them?
BIG BAD ENE

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2009

norte sidin all day in skagit valley also nown as sk county
scrap killa
Truth

Mount Vernon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2009

wsv ie,

west side verdugo is a bunch of low intelligence idiots.

you say "lets not forget how the rialto pd got replaced a few years back"

this shows that you too are an idiot. Rialto PD never got replaced moron.
Ex Resident

Marysville, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2009

Colton is infested with piece of crap black gangs. They are nothing but a bunch of cowards without a gun. Send that piece to prison clean up colton along with the other idiots who support gangs. Or do society a favor and shoot them all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rap Discussions

Search the Rap Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Top 10 Best Freestyle Rappers of All Time (Aug '09) Jul 20 keezie 205
Ja Rule's 'Unruly' path from jail to Christianity Jul 18 Covered 38
Show us your own Freestyle Rap song (Jun '08) Jul 18 mr blue 352
Beyonce Leads MTV Vma Nominations Jul 17 Big mike 2
Fans or gang? Meet the Juggalos (Aug '08) Jul 14 MR SKIPPY LOC 910
How bad does sex hurt the first time? (Jul '08) Jul 14 Taylor 5,945
From Harlem Shake to Harlem Sheikh, cultural fo... (Mar '13) Jul 12 ron 4
•••
•••