D-11 bans Insane Clown Posse apparel

D-11 bans Insane Clown Posse apparel

There are 1255 comments on the The Gazette story from Nov 9, 2004, titled D-11 bans Insane Clown Posse apparel. In it, The Gazette reports that:

Colorado Springs' largest school district banned garb associated with Insane Clown Posse on Monday after fans of the horror rap/metal duo were linked to violence at two high schools and a charter school.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Gazette.

None

Lynnwood, WA

#27 Apr 17, 2006
caring person wrote:
How dare you say horrible things to this mother whose daughter was raped. If a gang of violent sociopaths calls themselves Insane Clown Posse, obviously this isn't about the band - a gang is using the bands name.

Clothing DOES make a difference in schools. Banning anything associated with any gang no matter what it is - IS a good plan.
Out of everything that I typed all you got out of it was me being mean to that girls mom? So banning clothing in school is more important that parents taking an active roll in their kids lives? Harris and Kleabold..the two that shot up columbine...had guns and bombs in their parents house and their parents didn't even know it, those kids were crazy ill give you that but I don't think taking away their trench coats would have saved any lives. If they were storing pipe bombs in the garage and guns in their rooms and their parents didn't notice a little thing like that it makes me wonder who is to blame for what happend
caring person

San Antonio, TX

#28 Apr 17, 2006
Did I say banning gang clothing was more important than parents taking an active role in their kid's lives? No, I didn't say that at all. Please read for comprehension. And yes, it's disgusting that you attack the mother of a rape victim and reveals your true character. Anything else you say doesn't matter.
None

Lynnwood, WA

#30 Apr 17, 2006
I am a pretty simple guy, I dress in jeans and t-shirts and I wear pullovers. Not very extream at all, you say they dress offensively? Offensive to who? Im not offended by the way they dress. If these kids had more support they wouldn't need a "gang". A gang preys on kids that are at the bottom of the chain, they find kids with poor home lives and give them the support and attention they need thats how gangs get bigger. You think by taking away a shirt or a hat you are going to make them leave the "family" they found in their friends. If you want to treat these icp kids as a gang fine. The actions of 5 kids odesn't mean that all kids that dress like that are getting into trouble. I have never dressed like that. I listened to country and 60's rock when I was growing up. I wore jeans t-shirts and sneakers and I still got in trouble. Guess we should ban sneakers and country music.
None

Lynnwood, WA

#31 Apr 17, 2006
I didn't attack her. I never said anything on this site to that woman. I never blamed her or her child. I blamed the parents of the kids that did it to her daughter.

And to Mr. Danny
I agree that we need standards in school. I wish we had more when I was in school. And yes I wish kids could get the same treatment that we get in the service. If kids act out what they hear in music maybe they need to talk to a shrink.
caring person

San Antonio, TX

#32 Apr 17, 2006
You still don't get it. NO ONE said banning the clothes would prevent them from being in gangs. Banning the gang clothes stops "promoting" gangs at school which leads to gang to gang violence. School is for learning, not for gang garbage. You are using faulty logic in your comments. Schools wouldn't do this if it didn't work. The data is there. There is a significant correlation between gang clothing at school and violence at school.
caring person

San Antonio, TX

#33 Apr 17, 2006
"Out of everything that I typed all you got out of it was me being mean to that girls mom? "

Stop changing your story.
None

Lynnwood, WA

#34 Apr 17, 2006
My logic isn't just for school. My logic is to keep kids out of gangs. Not just when they are at school. I don't care if you make kids wear uniforms at school. All it will do is solve the problem at school. If that is all you want to do then its a great idea. Like I said I don't dress like that and im not in school anymore so whatever they do is on them.
caring person

San Antonio, TX

#35 Apr 17, 2006
This thread is about gang-related clothing bans in schools.
None

Lynnwood, WA

#36 Apr 17, 2006
caring person wrote:
"Out of everything that I typed all you got out of it was me being mean to that girls mom? "

Stop changing your story.
You are convinced that I have something against that lady and her daughter. I don't even know them why would I attack her. Im from grand junction, the same town she is from, my wife and my son still live there. You think I want 5 kids running around to do that again? Like i said before I sent her an email to try and help her. If you are still convinced that I hate this woman and her daughter I can't change your mind but I don't hate her.
James

Kirkland, WA

#37 Apr 17, 2006
Just a point. Remember Ted Bundy...he dressed very casula and nice. Son of SAM also dressed nicely. There are other criminals who dress nicely but still do crime. Regulating what children ware to and from school is trivial compared to the proper education being taight at our schools. It is sad that some kids wearing ICP clothing raped this girl. It is also sad to read all these comments bashing people for their opinion. I do not beleive that clothing makes an individual. These kids that did the crime were obviously raised poorly or at least supervised very poorly. Stupid is as stupid does. Schools waste their money and time attempting to make all students look and act the same. We are in America and individualism is one of the perks. The school system needs to find other methods for implementing security other than the student appearance. This clothing bann is crap and wasting money. The kids who shot up Columbine were well dressed and I cannot recall seeing any GANG related clothing asvertised. No, a trench coat does not constitute GANG appearal either.
James

Kirkland, WA

#38 Apr 17, 2006
The mispelled words are intentional and included for those people who wish to locate typos instead of offering constructive critisism.
James

Kirkland, WA

#39 Apr 17, 2006
None wrote:
So the way you dress is ok...but the way they dress makes them morons? If you can judge a person by what they wear you are a better man than I. I serve with a kid that listens to all kinds of crazy music, wears baggy bondage pants, spiked collars and steel toed boots. He also went on numerous convoys in Iraq, put himself in danger to protect people we never met and watched the back of the man next to him. So I don't think this kid fits the sterotype you are placing all these kids in. So its srong for a group to call a song F*ck the world but its ok for Pac to tell BIG that he f*cked his B*tch you fat motherf*cker. People spend to much time dividing kids into groups....jocks, stoners, goths. In the end what good does it do. You are no better than the KKK if you can't accept that some people are different. Its not good to burn a cross in a black guys yard but its ok to alienate these kids cause you think they are freaks. I applaud the parents that buy all those baggy pants, the black fingernail polish, the spiked collars for their kids. At least they are letting their kids be who they want to be. Maybe parents should spend more time with their kids and learn more about their lives. If all you parents are so worried about video games, music, movies and such why don't you take an active role in their lives. Maybe they want your attention, maybe you should tell them you are proud of them. Heaven forbid you say somthing positive to them. People talk crap to them all the time why not help them. If your kids are on drugs, drinking, raping, stealing, or doing anything else illegal it is the parents fault. Lack of structure and poor supervision. Take responsibility for what you create and stop blaming it on movies and music. If movies and music are raising your kids shame on you, and shame on everyone that casts these kids aside because they are different. I guess we should kick all the retarded kids out of school since they are different. If you are going to be stupid at least be fair.
You are soooooo right. It is sad that a girl was raped and it is not her parents fault per say, but if parents took more time out of their days to spend with theirt kids and educate them about the evil ways of others then this type of thing would happen less often. Peopl do not want to hear how they are responsible for this or that, people just want to blame others for their actions. If the kide that did the crime had better parents then this may not have happened. Clothing does not make a person...the ideals they learn from their parents and family practices are what makes a person...good, bad, or indifferent. We all cannot wear suits and uniforms. THis is America and not post WW2 Germany.
James

Kirkland, WA

#40 Apr 17, 2006
Typos included for the less intelligent proof readers in this forum. Gives them a sense of purpose and belonging.
None

Lynnwood, WA

#41 Apr 17, 2006
I don't mind people bashing me for my opinion. I didn't like being accused of attacking Ms. Gaylord and since nothing was ever directed towards her I still take offence to that. Outside of that people telling me that my ideas are wrong, that I need to educate myself, and that my logic is faulty does not offend me. I choose to write my opinion and this is a public forum so I expect that most people won't agree with me. If anything I say makes anyone angry I am sorry, that is never my intent. As far as who I am talking about with my ideas...If the shoe fits wear it. If I am clearly not talking about you and the way you raise your childen then all the better. It says that we are must be polite, if I am anything but polite please let me know.
caring person

San Antonio, TX

#43 Apr 17, 2006
James wrote:
Just a point. Remember Ted Bundy...he dressed very casula and nice. Son of SAM also dressed nicely. There are other criminals who dress nicely but still do crime. Regulating what children ware to and from school is trivial compared to the proper education being taight at our schools. It is sad that some kids wearing ICP clothing raped this girl. It is also sad to read all these comments bashing people for their opinion. I do not beleive that clothing makes an individual. These kids that did the crime were obviously raised poorly or at least supervised very poorly. Stupid is as stupid does. Schools waste their money and time attempting to make all students look and act the same. We are in America and individualism is one of the perks. The school system needs to find other methods for implementing security other than the student appearance. This clothing bann is crap and wasting money. The kids who shot up Columbine were well dressed and I cannot recall seeing any GANG related clothing asvertised. No, a trench coat does not constitute GANG appearal either.
You are still missing the point. School dress codes work. That's why schools have them. They are free to be as individual as they want within the dress code. This does not waste time nor money. Banning gang related clothing cuts down on gang violence at schools. The data is clear on this.
caring person

San Antonio, TX

#44 Apr 17, 2006
None wrote:
I don't mind people bashing me for my opinion. I didn't like being accused of attacking Ms. Gaylord and since nothing was ever directed towards her I still take offence to that. Outside of that people telling me that my ideas are wrong, that I need to educate myself, and that my logic is faulty does not offend me. I choose to write my opinion and this is a public forum so I expect that most people won't agree with me. If anything I say makes anyone angry I am sorry, that is never my intent. As far as who I am talking about with my ideas...If the shoe fits wear it. If I am clearly not talking about you and the way you raise your childen then all the better. It says that we are must be polite, if I am anything but polite please let me know.
No one bashed you. I spoke of WHOEVER made those comments to her - mentioned no name - and you volunteered that it was you. If it wasn't, fine. Don't say it was then.
None

Lynnwood, WA

#45 Apr 17, 2006
There is no ONE right answer for this. All areas are different. Grand Junction has its crime and it has its drug problems, we don't have the type of gangs that most people think about, crips, bloods, but we do have our cliques that do cause problems. All I am trying to say is that unless the problem is solved on the street, in the home, on the block it will never be solved in school. The crime may reduce in school but it will not go away. Im not defending crime, or gangs. My only fear is that it will get out of hand and kids will cease to be individuals. That is a scary thought. I know that is not the intent of banning certain things and I don't see it getting extream any time soon. But like I said its just an opinion
None

Lynnwood, WA

#46 Apr 17, 2006
caring person wrote:
<quoted text>

No one bashed you. I spoke of WHOEVER made those comments to her - mentioned no name - and you volunteered that it was you. If it wasn't, fine. Don't say it was then.
Wasn't a personal attack. Like I said im not out to make people mad. I do that at work all day. That comment was a response to James.
None

Lynnwood, WA

#47 Apr 17, 2006
Anti gang laws are good. Even better if they really do reduce violence and crime. But for them to work you need a gang. Lots of people wear the same style. All the football players I went to school with wore NFL stuff. If you are going to impose a ban make it even across the board. No icp/goth stuff fine no pro sports stuff.
James

Kirkland, WA

#48 Apr 18, 2006
danny wrote:
<quoted text>

hey james whats up ? well i only have 1 disagreement with ya there , in different ares, changing the dress code DOES improve moral among not just students but teachers,it was basically in the area where i live, i was called to schools many times , kids beating up other kids and taking there shoes , kids making fun of a kid because he cant afford brand name clothing, with the new dress codes , this doesnt happen anymore as much because they ALL wear the same attire, making it awkward to insult someone wearing what you yourself are wearinging .in some instances i had seen kids beaten up for WEARING the icp clothing line, its NOT the clothes necassarily , but the attitude it offsets when they are worn,like it goes with the whole anarchy type deal were students KNOW it bothers the teachers, in my honest opiniion the following should be banned:
baggy jeans( below the belt kinda baggy jeans), tall tee's ,cause if your not tall you dont need em ,hoodies, cause it doesnt rain in school, mucle shirts, cause nobody wants to see arm pit hair all day , halter tops, the same reason,skirts, cause you should wear BOTH halves of your pants while you are in school, shirts with offensive phrases, although they are already banned in most schools, no one enforces this rule, and finally ,, jewelry,cause i get more jewelry theft cases from schools than robberies and crack dealers combined, that goes for the teachers too
In the text of your description I would tend to lend an ear to the positive outcome of similar clothing becaus you have a valid point. There is less theft and ridicule if everybody has the same attire. I was not thinking about that aspect. These kids would probably have raped this girl even if they were wearing the same uniforms. So I do stand by the fact that clothing does not make a person. You do have a good point though and with a littl emore persuasion I could rationalize the need. Thanks for your opinion, I have learned today so it is a good day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 1 hr m teresa 7,149
News the Best Rapper Ever: Eminem vs. 2Pac (Aug '09) 12 hr Ananyo Seerat 242
Rapper Little T performing in London UK Mon UaintgotwhatIgot 5
Top 10 Best Freestyle Rappers of All Time (Aug '09) Aug 21 Addarren 222
Dope Rap Track About Fathers working and strugg... Aug 19 vendeta96 1
News How bad does sex hurt the first time? (Jul '08) Aug 15 CumBud 6,183
News Chuck D slams the Trumps, defends 'Black Lives ... Aug 9 USA Today 1
More from around the web