Author arrested for "offensive" books...

Author arrested for "offensive" books against Buddhism

There are 25 comments on the Hindustan Times story from Mar 27, 2010, titled Author arrested for "offensive" books against Buddhism. In it, Hindustan Times reports that:

Human rights activists have urged Sri Lankan authorities to free Sarah Malanie Perera who was arrested under the countrya s stringent emergency laws last week for writing two books allegedly offensive to Buddhism.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hindustan Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“ Hindu God- Dhanwantri”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#1 Mar 27, 2010
Human rights activists have urged Sri Lankan authorities to free Sarah Malanie Perera who was arrested under the countrya s stringent emergency laws last week for writing two books allegedly offensive to Buddhism.

“ Hindu God- Dhanwantri”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#2 Mar 27, 2010
After annihilating the Tamils, the Sinhalese Racists is starting to demolish another minority-Muslims
ImSo2009

UK

#3 Mar 27, 2010
First she should have tried to stop paedos from fecking six yearolds in the name of Islam before offending Bhudism.

Feck her up the asrse and chuck her in the lagoon.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#4 Mar 27, 2010
ImSo2009 wrote:
First she should have tried to stop paedos from fecking six yearolds in the name of Islam before offending Bhudism.
Feck her up the asrse and chuck her in the lagoon.
Guess you forgot to change the name.:)
ImSo2009

UK

#5 Mar 27, 2010
Real Harini wrote:
<quoted text>Guess you forgot to change the name.:)
Lol! That's when I am posting form my phone, when on a train. Can't be bothered to think or type while on the move; so, prof does well.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#6 Mar 27, 2010
ImSo2009 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! That's when I am posting form my phone, when on a train. Can't be bothered to think or type while on the move; so, prof does well.
Lol ya its funny.I cant post from my mobile., guess its not compatible. I called you a nutty professor.

“ Hindu God- Dhanwantri”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#7 Mar 27, 2010
ImSo2009 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! That's when I am posting form my phone, when on a train. Can't be bothered to think or type while on the move; so, prof does well.
ImSo2009 , you are malicious hoodlum and a snitch who betrayed Tamil Kovil !!

Shame on you !!

You are a sad sicko and a coward who loves to humiliate and degrade people !!

ImSo2009 is lowly thug and a traitor !!!!!!!!!!

You are pathetic lowlife, a jail bird stoolie, cruel thug and Big Fat Liar !!!!!!!!!
ImSo2009

UK

#8 Mar 27, 2010
Real Harini wrote:
<quoted text>Lol ya its funny.I cant post from my mobile., guess its not compatible. I called you a nutty professor.
Lol! That was my avatar long before you had come to Topix. There used to be a boy from Australia called Lion Cub. Had lots of laughs with him.
ImSo2009

UK

#9 Mar 27, 2010
Nalan wrote:
<quoted text>
ImSo2009 , you are malicious hoodlum and a snitch who betrayed Tamil Kovil !!
Shame on you !!
You are a sad sicko and a coward who loves to humiliate and degrade people !!
ImSo2009 is lowly thug and a traitor !!!!!!!!!!
You are pathetic lowlife, a jail bird stoolie, cruel thug and Big Fat Liar !!!!!!!!!
MM, give it a rest. You are not getting anywhere.

You are the person who posts other's photos on your blog. You are the person who doesn't have the courtesy to apologise for it.

Find out who TK is, will you? Go check some old threads, as you promised yesterday. Lol! Shameless liar.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#10 Mar 27, 2010
ImSo2009 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! That was my avatar long before you had come to Topix. There used to be a boy from Australia called Lion Cub. Had lots of laughs with him.
Lol.. ya I remember him. Used so much of filth ne? but it was fun,. He used to post when I came on topix. Someone posted saying saying he is missing Lion cub. I think Space.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#11 Mar 27, 2010
ImSo2009 wrote:
<quoted text>
MM, give it a rest. You are not getting anywhere.
You are the person who posts other's photos on your blog. You are the person who doesn't have the courtesy to apologise for it.
Find out who TK is, will you? Go check some old threads, as you promised yesterday. Lol! Shameless liar.
Lol, he did the same for IT. IT got lost & TK came, then asked me why did I bully IT. Instead appologising he does this pathetic things.
saraadams444

Minsk, Belarus

#12 Nov 30, 2012
I love Akon songs and videos very much)))
CrimeaRiver

UK

#13 Nov 30, 2012
saraadams444 wrote:
I love Akon songs and videos very much)))
Good for you. What does that have to do with this thread?
rights

UK

#14 Nov 30, 2012
What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist.~ Salman Rushdie
CrimeaRiver

UK

#15 Nov 30, 2012
rights wrote:
What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist.~ Salman Rushdie
Great sentiment in theory. But harder to swallow in practise.

The Nazi's used their freedom of expression to oppress a whole race of people.
Hello

Westbury, NY

#16 Nov 30, 2012
Converting to Islam is bestiality. Writing a book about it is promoting bestiality. She should be locked up for her degenerate mind.

Freedom of speech does not mean you can promote bestialty.
Soulja

Richmond Hill, Canada

#17 Dec 1, 2012
Wooo Hooo
Batticolai

Chennai, India

#18 Dec 1, 2012
stupid
Vinamese

Las Vegas, NV

#19 Dec 9, 2012
Why would anyone wants to convert to islam in the first place? The women are treated like garbage and a thing to be owned by men.
To be a Buddhist is very hard, to know Buddha is even harder but to abandoned Buddhism is too bad.
Hello

Westbury, NY

#20 Dec 9, 2012
Also the muslims have shown they are not a true religion by naming what is undefinable...what people call god.

That is why Buddhism is so hard. Buddha leaves the undefined as undefined -- Noble silence.

However, the four noble truths NEVER turn away from the truth.

Buddhists have no idea how powerful the Noble Truths are. These truths cannot be denied even if an atheist examines them.

These truths than form their mind, body, speech complex making them like vajra, indestructible!

No myths, no lies, no declaration of the undefinable, just the truth - that's Buddhism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

R-N-B Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rihanna's "Needed Me" Remains #1 At Rhythmic & ... Mon Kelly - DJ 1
News Alicia Keys Discusses New Album, Motherhood & H... Jul 17 kelly 1
News Usher Jul 17 kelly 1
News Taylor Swift Secretly Wrote Ex Calvin Harris' '... Jul 13 kelly 2
News This Week in Billboard Chart History: In 2003, ... Jul 11 kelly 2
News Ciara and Russell Wilson Step Out For the First... Jul 8 Elise Gingerich 1
News Toni Braxton and Birdman make red carpet debut ... Jul 2 kelly 1
More from around the web