Emo Is Killing Our Kids

Emo Is Killing Our Kids

There are 282 comments on the NowPublic story from Sep 8, 2008, titled Emo Is Killing Our Kids. In it, NowPublic reports that:

Well, if you have seen the press reports following the tragic suicide of Hannah Bond then you would certainly think so.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NowPublic.

First Prev
of 15
Next Last

“Im here, now u need to see me!”

Since: Apr 08

Under your bed!!!!

#1 Sep 8, 2008
GRRRRRRRRRRRRR there is no such thing as 'EMO'!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#2 Sep 8, 2008
yes.. emo is killing our kids *rolls eyes*
kitty

United States

#3 Sep 8, 2008
Personally...I think that country music is EMO...Emo isn't killing are kids....people need to take some responsibilty.

“Woohoo!!!!!”

Since: Jul 07

Does it matter?

#4 Sep 8, 2008
Honestly that was the stupidest piece of shit I have ever bothered to read. I don't think that its the music, computer/video games, or movies at all. That is just art. Does art tell you to kill yourself? No...I didn't think so. What happens is that really gullable and nieve people get their hands on it, and read things into it that didn't exist to begin with. Like that infamous case where that girl "dated a boy" via myspace and then killed herself when he broke up with her. Gullable and stupid. Very stupid. She took an online relationship that seriously?

But oh yes...by all means. The "emo" music is killing kids everywhere. Yea, my ears bleed whenever that sound creeps in. Besides that shit isn't even emo, its really super whiny pop rock.

“FREE... To Be Whatever I Want!”

Since: Jun 07

rawr!!!--ville

#5 Sep 8, 2008
MCR4lyf wrote:
GRRRRRRRRRRRRR there is no such thing as 'EMO'!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
THANK YOU!!!!

Finally somebody that agrees with me.

Nobody Knows What The Freaking Hell It Is
Because it doesn't Exist!

Under your bed!!!!

#6 Sep 8, 2008
paramorerocksmysox wrote:
<quoted text>
THANK YOU!!!!
i no!!! and it really annots me when people are like, ur emo!!! when its like NO IM NOT!!!! DORK THERE IS NO SUCH THING!!!
Tara

Saint Charles, MO

#7 Sep 8, 2008
I don't like emo music
But that post sucked
Why?
Because we've been through this with TONS of metal bands in the past. MUSIC CANNOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT KIDS DO! If a kid has those kinds of deep rooted issues, its stupid to blame the music they listen to. Why not blame the food they eat or the clothes they wear?? Parents need to take responsibilty for their kids and not scapegoat artist. If that's the case, lets start burning witchs again because our crops wont grow (rolls eyes)

AND
who the fruck wrote that post, it wasnt an artical! It had NOTHING to back it up!!

“I'm here and ready to speak up”

Since: Aug 08

A city somewhere

#8 Sep 8, 2008
I think what most view as emo is simply a style choice, and thanks to liking that style people get labelled as sucidal and over dramatic, I'm far from what anyone could label myself my brother however is an adorable lil "emo" punk kid lol and hes as happy as they come, his adhd makes that damn evident... i hate stereo types and labels in general lol so my brother has pretty hair and wears tight jeans and eye liner... meh
Why label

Under your bed!!!!

#9 Sep 8, 2008
no such thing!!! haha

“Refuse to regret”

Arvin, CA

#10 Sep 8, 2008
<quoted text>
THANK YOU!!!!
GAH!
MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!

“Refuse to regret”

Arvin, CA

#11 Sep 8, 2008
Dreadfully Yours wrote:
Honestly that was the stupidest piece of shit I have ever bothered to read. I don't think that its the music, computer/video games, or movies at all. That is just art. Does art tell you to kill yourself? No...I didn't think so. What happens is that really gullable and nieve people get their hands on it, and read things into it that didn't exist to begin with. Like that infamous case where that girl "dated a boy" via myspace and then killed herself when he broke up with her. Gullable and stupid. Very stupid. She took an online relationship that seriously?
But oh yes...by all means. The "emo" music is killing kids everywhere. Yea, my ears bleed whenever that sound creeps in. Besides that shit isn't even emo, its really super whiny pop rock.
Stupidest??
Irony...

Under your bed!!!!

#12 Sep 8, 2008
myself, sarah-lee and paramoreroxmysox are smart!!!

A city somewhere

#13 Sep 9, 2008
no such thing for sure, theres what most think is emo though, then again i don't think theres a such thing as any of the lovely stereo types given, jocks punks preps goths whatever, i consider all of the above ummm whats the word i'm looking for... people :|

rawr!!!--ville

#14 Sep 9, 2008
ElectricEclipse wrote:
no such thing for sure, theres what most think is emo though, then again i don't think theres a such thing as any of the lovely stereo types given, jocks punks preps goths whatever, i consider all of the above ummm whats the word i'm looking for... people :|
You have gone back on your word lol.
You have just said there is no such thing as
stereotypes but earlier up you called your
brother a punk kid.:] Just thought I'd point
that out.

rawr!!!--ville

#15 Sep 9, 2008
MCR4lyf wrote:
myself, sarah-lee and paramoreroxmysox are smart!!!
Aren't we just, Yay against people who
are labelled and even more, people who label
themselves. Hate it when people go 'I'm so Emo'

A city somewhere

#16 Sep 9, 2008
<quoted text>
You have gone back on your word lol.
You have just said there is no such thing as
stereotypes but earlier up you called your
brother a punk kid.:] Just thought I'd point
that out.
I meant as in brat, like punk ass type thing... lol i didn't mean as in the label type punk
I dunno its something my mom always says

Under your bed!!!!

#17 Sep 9, 2008
<quoted text>
Aren't we just, Yay against people who
are labelled and even more, people who label
themselves. Hate it when people go 'I'm so Emo'
what cracks me up heaps is that people ask me if im 'emo' and as you can see by my dp i am ummmmm so not!!! hahaha
Tara

Saint Charles, MO

#18 Sep 9, 2008
when people are like "Im emo!" I just wanna say "YOUR A POSER!!"

Its a type of music, like punk or metal, HOW CAN YOU BE A TYPE OF MUSIC

(unless you are a poser!)

Under your bed!!!!

#19 Sep 9, 2008
Tara wrote:
when people are like "Im emo!" I just wanna say "YOUR A POSER!!"
Its a type of music, like punk or metal, HOW CAN YOU BE A TYPE OF MUSIC
(unless you are a poser!)
very true!! i couldnt agree more!!!
Vin

United States

#20 Sep 9, 2008
Ok wait! Hold on!..You guys are serious? Elmo is killing kids?! That little bastard! I knew he was evil!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Punk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Top 10 favorite punk bands (any era)? (Jun '06) Jan 20 tony briar mitchell 1,998
Green Day is NOT punk (Jan '12) Jan 19 tony briar mitchell 38
News Nirvana Fans Furious About Chili Peppers Video (May '06) Jan 19 tony briar mitchell 697
News Aliens verses Demons (Mar '14) Jan 17 Earth Whisperer 178
News Waldorf, The Ghetto? (Jun '06) Jan 1 CCGuy 291
News Gee Vaucher's artwork 'Oh America' and the stor... Dec 31 tony briar mitchell 1
News Turmeric lowered high blood pressure (Feb '09) Dec '16 Ozz1 50
More from around the web