Iron Maiden rocks San Manuel Amphithe...

Iron Maiden rocks San Manuel Amphitheater

There are 20 comments on the San Bernardino County Sun story from Jun 20, 2010, titled Iron Maiden rocks San Manuel Amphitheater. In it, San Bernardino County Sun reports that:

It had been 22 years since I last saw heavy metal behemoth Iron Maiden perform. Throughout the 1980s, I never missed a chance to don my parachute pants, moccasin boots and zebra- striped bandanas and catch Maiden whenever the pack of London metal gods graced California with their performances.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Bernardino County Sun.

TruthIs

Yucaipa, CA

#1 Jun 20, 2010
By now they just about are finished with the Concord, california gig...so you missed the next one.

Perhaps you should attend the Micheal Schenker show in Yucaipa in July.....seems more and more survivors are hitting the roads these days.
Messiah

Riverside, CA

#2 Jun 21, 2010
"parachute pants, moccasin boots and zebra- striped bandanas"

No way you wore that to a Maiden show, you would've been beaten up and lit on fire. Replace Iron Maiden with MC Hammer and then your statement holds some truth.
Yeah

United States

#3 Jun 21, 2010
The sound was GREAT!! Iron Maiden and Dream Theater ROCKED last night!!!
JOSSFAN

Hesperia, CA

#4 Jun 21, 2010
Why isn't Iron Maiden in the rock and roll hall of fame??
California Sun

Ontario, CA

#5 Jun 21, 2010
Iron Maiden is noise, not rock, not literary rock, just noise.
Burl

Phelan, CA

#6 Jun 21, 2010
By far the best most powerful,greatest live band ever!

Up the Irons!
SKiD

West Jordan, UT

#7 Jun 21, 2010
So awesome oh I drove all the way from salt lake UT just to see maiden and we passed out in the car at some gas station on the way back oh man AWESOME
Wow

Chino, CA

#8 Jun 21, 2010
I wish I could have seen them, sounds like one hell of a show
The Reaper

Torrance, CA

#9 Jun 21, 2010
Messiah is right, you where probably at a poison concert wearing that type of clothes and 25,000 in attendance that's a crock, there where more there that night then any and all the Ozzfest I have been to, more like 50,000 peeps, I am very impressed on the way Bruce at 52 years old was all over that stage non stop,
TruthIs

Yucaipa, CA

#10 Jun 21, 2010
California Sun wrote:
Iron Maiden is noise, not rock, not literary rock, just noise.
Wow, woke up on the wrong side of the bed today? Go back to your Milli Vinni and Janet Jackson CD's....you wouldn't know a good band it it moved in next door to you and killed your lawn.
well well well

Victorville, CA

#11 Jun 21, 2010
my son and daughter saw them.they are my sons favorite band,and now my daughter likes them.it was her first concert.she enjoyed it.she is only 15,but before you say anything her brother is 28 and was very responsible with her.
Bob Warren

Lake Forest, CA

#12 Jun 21, 2010
Great show, lame crowd who wanted to see more classics.

Congrats to Maiden for mixing it up and still making creative interesting NEW material to go along with the old warhorses.

Want the warhorses ? Pick up one the umpteen live albums and DVDs

San manuel is possibly the worst run, worst facilitized and organized venues in Southern California. Itís rare that I venture in there.
CacaKenKweef

South El Monte, CA

#13 Jun 21, 2010
dude..it was gnarly...me and Ken Kweef and HandjobBob squeezed our pudgy arsses into our old pair of 501'2...got some Converse and our old, armpit cut Iron Maiden Shirt and rebel yelled...we then held each other tightly and finished off some Coors together...white trash type of music
California Sun

Ontario, CA

#14 Jun 22, 2010
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, woke up on the wrong side of the bed today? Go back to your Milli Vinni and Janet Jackson CD's....you wouldn't know a good band it it moved in next door to you and killed your lawn.
I listen to the real rock and roll, you moron: Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Beachboys, J. Geil's Band, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, and the Black Crowes.
TruthIs

Yucaipa, CA

#15 Jun 22, 2010
California Sun wrote:
<quoted text>
I listen to the real rock and roll, you moron: Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Beachboys, J. Geil's Band, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, and the Black Crowes.
"Real"...? Stones haven't put out a decent album since 1980, Chuck Berry has always sucked, BeachBoys are a Pop band, not a rock band, J. Giels had ONE decent song EVER, Led Zepplin are the most over-rated band that has ever existed, Hendrix was an over-rated druggie that killed himself and the Black Crowes have never been more than a third rate version of The Faces.....

Fact is, Maiden has been together as a working band, producing new material for DECADES longer than everyone on your list short of the Stones. But they have yet to put out an ablum as bad as anything the Stones have done since 1980 and Some Girls..

I'd wake up on the wrong side of the bed too.
California Sun

Ontario, CA

#16 Jun 22, 2010
A Bigger Bang was a great album, moron, and the last Stones tour was the biggest one of all time.
TruthIs

Yucaipa, CA

#17 Jun 22, 2010
Serious...you liked that album?

That's not the Stones, that's 2/5 of the band that rose to fame and a bunch of unknowns. You can't call that the Stones. That's Mick trotting out the name for proffit, lying to the fans and everybody thinking they are seeing something special every ten or so years.

It may have been their biggest tour, but even Jimmy Buffett turns in bigger numbers per tour than they do now.

Back to the point- the Stones (what's left of them) don't put out a new album of quality every two to three years, and then tour for a solid year to support it...every album for the last 35 years...like Iron Maiden does.(You'll also NEVER waste your money with a herion addicted lead guitarist stumbling across the stage like the Stones- never again will I waste a dime on seeing them!).
California Sun

Ontario, CA

#18 Jun 23, 2010
You can't do basic fractions, moron. 2/5? Keith, Charlie, and Mick are still with the Stones. Brian (or his replacement, Mick Taylor), Stu (piano), and Wyman have died or left. That's 1/2. It's no wonder you don't know anything about rock.
Colton Native

South El Monte, CA

#19 Jun 23, 2010
rock this!!!!freakin old men talking rock n roll..move on already....cut the mullet...quit trying to squeeze in the acid wash size 32 jeans and grow up
RIZSROCKBLOG

Chester Springs, PA

#20 Jul 20, 2010
http://www.rizsrockblog.blogspot.com/
Check out my blog post on the July 11th Iron Maiden show in Holmdel, NJ

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Progressive-Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News George Clooney On Gay Marriage: It's Inevitable (Jan '12) Jul 27 StarMoss 165
News The Sad Passing Of Chris Squire Reminds Us That... Jul '15 ericrose87 1
News Romance: The love that saved David Bowie's life Jun '15 Will Dockery 1
News The Winery Dogs make their Philadelphia debut t... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Sterling Boyd 1
News Wing walker's emotional tribute to Stephen Sutton (May '14) May '14 Richard Smith 1
News Heather Findlay and Dave Kerzner form Mantra Vega (May '14) May '14 Stephen Allenby 1
News For O'Rourke, border a plus not a minus (Mar '14) Mar '14 Harvey Wireman 4
More from around the web