Student group creates life-size bar g...

Student group creates life-size bar graph to illustrate deadliness ...

There are 24 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jun 13, 2010, titled Student group creates life-size bar graph to illustrate deadliness .... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Metro students created a giant human bar graph Sunday, comparing deaths from obesity to murder, suicide, vehicle crashes and other causes, at Mears Park in St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
LetsDoIt

Findlay, OH

#23 Jun 15, 2010
America is full of fat people who lack the will power to stop eating. My brother-in-law turned 40, is gaining weight every year, refuses to reduce the amout of food he stuffs in his pie hole, and is taking a statin drug. Put him on a diet and chain him to a tread mill! What a sad individual.
WIMom

Madison, WI

#24 Jun 16, 2010
Personally, I love the example of "healthier" choices available to the kids in schools, like beef jerky. What?! Healthier than what? With all the preservatives, salt, fat, etc?

We could not see the label (if there is one) for how many people tobacco kills per year. BUT, there are ever-fewer people smoking now, it is only a percentage of the population, and only a small percentage of those die in any given year from smoking-related causes. Now, riding in cars? We just about all do that (or drive them), and car crashes happen every day, and people sometimes die in them. So, if tobacco were on their chart, and it showed fewer deaths per year connected directly to it than to car crashes, would we stop trying to get people to quit smoking and try to make them stop driving? I don't think so. And anyway, obesity-related deaths far outstripped the others combined: in that chart anyway.
germs evolve

Bradenton, FL

#25 Feb 4, 2013
highland guy wrote:
...funded with tobacco money...does everyone see where this is headed? belevoleng government wants to tell us all how and what to eat,'banning' foods which are 'bad' for us.
.......... the corporate lawyers and banksters said that second hand smoke was harmless .......... global warming is not causing the record asthma cases ...... and the ROY COHN RAPHAN and Gerald Garson were just lawyers having fun in FL Cars with tags AFS R76, H92 1XE , 668 PCK and 243 PIE .......See THE GOLDSTONE REPORT.
Maine to Sarasota JDL

Bradenton, FL

#26 Feb 4, 2013
Watch out for the gray sport wrangler jeep with Maine tag 7577 QB.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Progressive-Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Daevid Allen Weird Quartet - Elevenses Feb '16 Mitt s Dog Crate ... 1
News David Bowie dead at 69: His sex life bent the r... Jan '16 cinbad 54
Votum and the producers of Opeth and Katatonia ... (Oct '15) Oct '15 VOTUM 1
News George Clooney On Gay Marriage: It's Inevitable (Jan '12) Jul '15 StarMoss 165
News The Sad Passing Of Chris Squire Reminds Us That... (Jul '15) Jul '15 ericrose87 1
News Romance: The love that saved David Bowie's life (Jun '15) Jun '15 Will Dockery 1
News The Winery Dogs make their Philadelphia debut t... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Sterling Boyd 1
More from around the web