Neon Desert lights El Paso: 10,000 ro...

Neon Desert lights El Paso: 10,000 rock to 29 bands at music fest

There are 75 comments on the El Paso Times story from Apr 30, 2011, titled Neon Desert lights El Paso: 10,000 rock to 29 bands at music fest. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

The Omar Rodriguez Lopez Group co-headlines the Neon Desert Music festival late Saturday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Peon Desert Festival

El Paso, TX

#62 May 1, 2011
10,000 turn out is such crap heard from an inside source within the festival that it was only 6,000 but for sponsorship/media sake they are going to exaggerate those actual numbers (10,000). Event was done half a**, the sound blew, the talent blew, this was very dis-organzied. I prefer downtown street festival, they get 15-20k without having to pimp el paso for 20k nor take advantage of "volunteers". the point of the 20k is to pump money back into El Paso economy , not take it, juice el pasoans for their free labor and run to austin with the money. I'm almost willing to bet that none of the locals got paid and instead got paid with "FREE" tickets to the event for their friends, groupies, support Local my a**,just another slickster trying to make a buck at the expense of idiots... sounds like wolves in sheep's skin, you can put wool on the wolf, but a wolf is still a wolf! WAKE UP EL PASO YOU JUST GOT IT IN THE ARSE ROYALY!
More

El Paso, TX

#63 May 1, 2011
They needed more known bands, I think it kind of sucked to be honest. I wasn't into any of the bands that were there. But I do believe it was a success considering it was a first time event. Hopefully next year is better and not as windy!
Fruit

El Paso, TX

#64 May 1, 2011
More wrote:
They needed more known bands, I think it kind of sucked to be honest. I wasn't into any of the bands that were there. But I do believe it was a success considering it was a first time event. Hopefully next year is better and not as windy!
Like what bands would you like to see there.
Radcon

United States

#65 May 2, 2011
Peon Desert Festival wrote:
Dude, eff off.
I've been to festivals a over Texas and around this great country if ours.
Was it perfect, Nah. Was it fun, Hell yeah.
Where there sound issues, yes, but there are always sound issues.
Go cry in your beer and get off the Inet.
Organizers, good job, I know you can and will make it better for the next few.
Peon Desert Festival

El Paso, TX

#66 May 2, 2011
Radcon wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, eff off.
you are an idiot, if you have been to festivals all over such as you claim you would realize that issues like this do not happen, nor to they pimp the town for 20's and not pay any labor. I know this town is filled with mexicans that will do things for free but at least pay them something, minimum wage at least? As for the sound that's why professionals are contracted, things like that are not supposed to happen. So Go crawl back under your hick incest festival rock which you festered from.
wOw

United States

#67 May 2, 2011
Radcon wrote:
<quoted text> Dude, eff off. I've been to festivals a over Texas and around this great country if ours. Was it perfect, Nah. Was it fun, Hell yeah. Where there sound issues, yes, but there are always sound issues. Go cry in your beer and get off the Inet. Organizers, good job, I know you can and will make it better for the next few.
Comment after you get your head out of your rear end you crybaby.
Pit Bull

New Braunfels, TX

#68 May 2, 2011
I was there, it blew chunks! I did'nt even get to see any chicks pull their tops off and show us their tits! Beer was overpriced and entertainment was under c level!
Alma

El Paso, TX

#69 May 2, 2011
2 thumbs up on the festival! 2 thumbs down on lack of so-called water stations! OVERALL GRADE: B+
BRAVO EL PASO! FINALLY
Radcon

United States

#70 May 2, 2011
Whatever noobs.

I had a good time GFYS
computer virus

El Paso, TX

#71 May 2, 2011
Radcon wrote:
Whatever noobs.
I had a good time GFYS
bend over flamer!
rae

Seminole, FL

#72 May 2, 2011
Not only did the workers and the local acts get pimped, but the profits are heading straight to Austin. MAJOR LEAKAGE

“Tardy For The Party ”

Since: May 10

El Paso, TX

#73 May 2, 2011
Radcon wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, eff off.
It sucked. CSS was the only thing that made it worthwhile.
callie

Deming, NM

#74 May 2, 2011
BoKnows wrote:
Good effort. But attendance is probably lower than hoped and expected. The lack of big names and a true headliner probably attributed to this. For example, Buzz fest in Houston is a music festival that takes place twice a year at a single venue (an ampitheater) and sells out to crowds of 17,000 plus each time, with only two stages. The line up for today's festival is Main Stage: Jane's Addiction, Social Distortion, Seether, Puddle of Mudd, Flogging Molly, The Airborne Toxic Event, New Politics.
Side Stage: The Dirty Heads, Evans Blue, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Middle Class Rut, My Darkest Days, Young the Giant, Electric Touch.
So 14 bands, 17k people, two stages, one venue and tickets maxed out at $50.
NDMF will eventually become more organized, recoognized, and lucrative. SO once agin good effort and let's see what becomes of NDMF II.
Those bands suck.=/

“Tardy For The Party ”

Since: May 10

El Paso, TX

#75 May 2, 2011
callie wrote:
<quoted text>
Those bands suck.=/
Jane's Addiction and Social Distortion don't suck.

Puddle of Mud sucks and the rest of those bands are a bunch of nobodies.
yo waddup

El Paso, TX

#76 May 3, 2011
rae wrote:
Not only did the workers and the local acts get pimped, but the profits are heading straight to Austin. MAJOR LEAKAGE
here's your filthy dime, BTCH. RIGHT IN your faggidy face. stfu!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Progressive-Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alabamaa s voters, divided over Trumpa s remark... Oct '17 Mullahing It Over 43
News Beto O'Rourke, Ted Cruz challenger, answers que... Aug '17 Fart Ted Fart 3
News Top StoryTupac Shakur, Pearl Jam, Yes to be ind... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Dr Wu 1
News Guitarist/singer Greg Lake of Emerson, Lake and... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Dr Wu 1
News How and why Jaguar designed an electric SUV (Nov '16) Nov '16 GGabrielK 1
News Three questions with Debbie Harry... (Jun '07) Oct '16 Shelly 2
News Daevid Allen Weird Quartet - Elevenses (Feb '16) Feb '16 Mitt s Dog Crate ... 1
More from around the web