MUSIC REVIEW: Metal behemoth Iron Mai...

MUSIC REVIEW: Metal behemoth Iron Maiden rocks San Manuel Amphithea...

There are 5 comments on the San Bernardino County Sun story from Jun 20, 2010, titled MUSIC REVIEW: Metal behemoth Iron Maiden rocks San Manuel Amphithea.... In it, San Bernardino County Sun reports that:

It had been 22 years since I last saw heavy metal behemoth Iron Maiden perform. Throughout the 1980s, I never missed a chance to don my parachute pants, mocassin boots and zebra-striped bandanas and catch Maiden whenever the pack of London metal gods graced California with their performances.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Bernardino County Sun.

newsjunkie

Murrieta, CA

#1 Jun 21, 2010
I see The Sun has enough staff to cover a heavy metal concert but there are never any reviews of the San Bernardino Symphony or any of the productions at the California Theater or
other cultural events in the city that have a wider appeal than a bunch of drug-infested headbangers.
Whatever U Say

Long Beach, CA

#2 Jun 21, 2010
newsjunkie wrote:
I see The Sun has enough staff to cover a heavy metal concert but there are never any reviews of the San Bernardino Symphony or any of the productions at the California Theater or
other cultural events in the city that have a wider appeal than a bunch of drug-infested headbangers.
I love people who make wide generalizations about other people. Just sad.
yuran8r

Upland, CA

#3 Jun 21, 2010
It's simple math NJ: The symphony draws say two to three hundred people.
Iron Maiden draws about thirty thousand.
Bob Warren

Mesa, AZ

#4 Jun 21, 2010
Great show, lame crowd who wanted to see more classics.

Congrats to Maiden for mixing it up and still making creative interesting NEW material to go along with the old warhoses.

Want the warhorses ? Pick up one the umpteen live albums and DVDs

San manuel is possibly the worst run, worst facilitized and organized venues in Southern California. It’s rare that I venture in there.
Bob Warren

Mesa, AZ

#5 Jun 21, 2010
To NJ - Would you like to have lunch in Irvine, Bistango's maybe and you can see for yourself how bigoted and narrow minded your impression of Iron Maiden fans are ? I'd rather be with 30,000 passionate open minded heavy metal fans than 200 "educated" "sophisticad" narrow minded Symphonjy lovers like yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Progressive-Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Daevid Allen Weird Quartet - Elevenses (Feb '16) Feb '16 Mitt s Dog Crate ... 1
News David Bowie dead at 69: His sex life bent the r... (Jan '16) Jan '16 cinbad 54
Votum and the producers of Opeth and Katatonia ... (Oct '15) Oct '15 VOTUM 1
News George Clooney On Gay Marriage: It's Inevitable (Jan '12) Jul '15 StarMoss 165
News The Sad Passing Of Chris Squire Reminds Us That... (Jul '15) Jul '15 ericrose87 1
News Romance: The love that saved David Bowie's life (Jun '15) Jun '15 Will Dockery 1
News The Winery Dogs make their Philadelphia debut t... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Sterling Boyd 1
More from around the web