Actress Brooke Shields talks about he...

Actress Brooke Shields talks about her friendship with 'asexual...

There are 65 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 6, 2009, titled Actress Brooke Shields talks about her friendship with 'asexual.... In it, Newsday reports that:

Brooke Shields was 13 when she first met Michael Jackson and the two "instantly became friends" - mainly because sexual tension was off the table.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Pasta Fazool

Douglasville, GA

#35 Jul 7, 2009
Peter King is right on the money. He told it like it is, and of course the liberal media will eat him up alive over it. And Brookie, you haven't seen Jacko in almost 20 years, why are you coming out of the woodwork to reminisce? I just wish this Creepshow would be over already.
steele

Chicago, IL

#36 Jul 7, 2009
ask about all her ailments!
YOU not so much

East Hampton, NY

#37 Jul 7, 2009
The media should be shut down by Americans who are sick of the lies, sick of the twists and sick of the liberal double standards they love to play to the public. In the last years of this mans life, he was more than narcissistic, he was also sociopathic too. The child molesting stories that he got out of publically will never go away because everyone knows that someone who is guilty of something would never pay off the plaintiff millions of dollars to make those accusations go away over a court battle which could have resulted with MJ being vindicated and MJ actually being the one who sued the plaintiff for damages to his charactor etc. It didn't happen that way because there was too much damming truth which the world would have discovered if it were not for the settlement and I am sure that in the settlement their was a gag order against the family forever. So the family cannot later come out and do any more damage to his charactor in the future when the child becomes and adult and realizes just what he suffered at the hands of MJ. This boy/man/child was a seriously demented person.
Vince

La Grange, IL

#38 Jul 7, 2009
From the looks of his "children" he was asexual with their mothers as well.
Vince

Tampa, FL

#40 Jul 7, 2009
"Asexual"...the best description I've heard for the King of Pap yet....LOL
teekay

Chicago, IL

#42 Jul 7, 2009
Roger wrote:
<quoted text>maybe he thought she was a boy back then.
No he knew she was girl that's why he was NOT interested in her sexually.
yuwannano

United States

#43 Jul 7, 2009
Rob wrote:
I knew this kid named Todd. We were best friends. One time I got mad at him and he was leaving to go home in tears. Then I cried also and we said we were sorry. He was my friend.
And you care about that as much as I care about this.
LMAO!
mr x

Chicago, IL

#45 Jul 7, 2009
Agreed! I wondered why a pedophile was getting all this praise and media attention. I was thrilled to hear what King said today.
stop till you get enuf wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amazing how many people seem to forget this, the media included.
The Rep. Peter King from New York said it best:
"This guy was a pervert, a child molestor, he was a pedophile, and to be giving this much coverage to him day in and day out, what's it say about us a country?"
http://wcbstv.com/politics/peter.king.youtube...
Amazing

Floral Park, NY

#46 Jul 7, 2009
Thank you Brooke for speaking from the heart. Too bad moron Sharpton had to speak. He sounded like an ANGRY millitant at a Civil Rights march while Brooke TRULY spoke from the heart. This was an excellent memorial for a wonderful entertainer. Rest in Peace Michael. And Sharpton, hang your head in SHAME for turning a memorial into a Soapbox for you to do your usual UNnecessary RANTING.
Amazing

Floral Park, NY

#47 Jul 7, 2009
J in KC wrote:
This chick is getting to look more like a man every day.
WHAT? She looks AMAZING. You are one clueless person. Wonder what the women in your life look like. Again, THANKS BROOKE for speaking from the heart.
brooksie

Ashburn, GA

#48 Jul 7, 2009
Why did she speak at his memorial?
When was the last time they hung out together?
1987?
She was just a beard for him lugging little Webster around.
Freak.
Billy

Chicago, IL

#49 Jul 7, 2009
Amazing wrote:
Thank you Brooke for speaking from the heart. Too bad **** Sharpton had to speak. He sounded like an ANGRY millitant at a Civil Rights march while Brooke TRULY spoke from the heart.
C'mon, she admitted she hadn't seen him in 18 years. What kind of friend is that?
Chicago

Edwardsburg, MI

#50 Jul 7, 2009
I think Brooke Shields' lack of being a little boy is what really brought out Michael Jackson's "asexual" side
nice

United States

#51 Jul 7, 2009
shields grew up, jackson didn't
Mr Who Knows

Evanston, IL

#52 Jul 7, 2009
I wonder how Webster is taking the news of MJ's death.
steele

Chicago, IL

#53 Jul 7, 2009
Billy wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon, she admitted she hadn't seen him in 18 years. What kind of friend is that?
the broad commenting is a haus frau type. Not good!
Patrick

United States

#54 Jul 7, 2009
MJ wanted to know what the bases were for when he had 12 year old boys over and they wanted to play "running bases".

I think today may be the first time I've ever agreed with Peter King about anything.
cindy lou

Skokie, IL

#55 Jul 7, 2009
Brooke was present because she loved him and his family knew she was important to him...

“Trying is...”

Since: Feb 08

the first step towards failure

#56 Jul 7, 2009
cindy lou wrote:
Brooke was present because she loved him and his family knew she was important to him...
Oh please, the whole place is probably packed with Hollywood phonies who will be sobbing uncontrollably for the cameras (but smiling tonight, Kristal in hand).
Duskin

Evanston, IL

#57 Jul 7, 2009
Rob wrote:
I knew this kid named Todd. We were best friends. One time I got mad at him and he was leaving to go home in tears. Then I cried also and we said we were sorry. He was my friend.
And you care about that as much as I care about this.
Rob, that's a great story - I think it should be on the front page of the Tribune. Perhaps a couple Op-Eds could discuss your friendship with Todd?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pop/Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gord Downie remembered by man who gifted him fe... 2 hr Mick Jagger 1
News Ted Nugent Wants Those On Welfare To Forfeit Ri... (Dec '12) 19 hr GOPMS 46
News Gord Downie, lead singer of The Tragically Hip,... Thu RIP 1
News Priscilla Presley on Why She Divorced Elvis Pre... Wed Rocked the Cradle 6
News Flim Flam Rebellion: Chapter 5 introduces us to... Wed Shea Shart 9
News Katy Perry is a a oeWitnessa to a lesbian propo... Oct 16 Turkey Basters 4 ... 6
News Weird Al scales back for his 2018 'Ridiculously... Oct 15 Parden Pard 2
More from around the web