Bankruptcy drama for Jay Black continues

Bankruptcy drama for Jay Black continues

There are 6616 comments on the Newsday.com story from Jul 14, 2006, titled Bankruptcy drama for Jay Black continues. In it, Newsday.com reports that:

First they wanted to take his name and the name of his group. Now they want to take his home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.com.

Sally

Browns Summit, NC

#6028 Feb 13, 2013
TJLubinsky wrote:
Black, Traynor and Vance are always welcome to appear on my PBS shows,but as far as Sandy & company?Well lets just say PASS,because Sandy is too demanding and should be happy working at all with the Chic Magnet and 1/2 bombed all the time Marty.
I LOVE you, Mr. Lubinsky. I'm glad you don't let a lot of Jay's detractors deter you from using your own judgment and having that wonderful talent on your shows. Bravo and best of luck and happiness in your life.
who is he

Denver, CO

#6030 Feb 13, 2013
Who is Toddy B? I cant find a posting by him, can anyone provide a date he posted please.
Sally

Browns Summit, NC

#6031 Feb 13, 2013
R U Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Like that poster is really who he claims he is, wake up honey.
If he's really who he says he is,my reply is to him. If not,I guess he's just the same as everybody else on here. Is your name R U KIDDING or any of the other names you use? Don't blame y'all tho. Talking the garbage y'all talk, I wouldn't give my real name either.
Drunk Scotsman

Aurora, CO

#6032 Feb 13, 2013
Jim Beam on the rocks with a mix of coffee is a wee bit good in cold weather. A Hot Toddy. The Lubowsky tried to get Jay #2 & Kenny with Sandy and the fellahs but I think Sandy said "The Chicago kid is the singer, we are JATA Lube". Sally you forgot the peanut buttah at the Piggly Wiggly.
Jay Black is no negro

Miami, FL

#6033 Feb 14, 2013
IsThatYourWife wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't Sally sitting next to your Wife?
No, of course not. Your wife knows that I'm not a taken man.
Jay Black is no negro

Miami, FL

#6034 Feb 14, 2013
Sally wrote:
<quoted text>
If he's really who he says he is,my reply is to him. If not,I guess he's just the same as everybody else on here. Is your name R U KIDDING or any of the other names you use? Don't blame y'all tho. Talking the garbage y'all talk, I wouldn't give my real name either.
You mean, if I ran through a NC trailer park yelling Sally! Sally! you wouldn't come running out?
ArizonaPress

Phoenix, AZ

#6035 Feb 14, 2013
who is he wrote:
Who is Toddy B? I cant find a posting by him, can anyone provide a date he posted please.
Toddy is related to Sandy and fronted the 140k needed for Sandy & the Americans.
Satch

Phoenix, AZ

#6036 Feb 14, 2013
Vincent wrote:
<quoted text>
big f*n' deal!!...and Pavorotti was better than Blatt.
the point is, Jay Reinecke is great and to prove it, he is getting standing ovations at every show and he is performing all over the country every week to enthusiastic fans.
Could this be Toddy?
Drunk Scotsman

Aurora, CO

#6037 Feb 14, 2013
Aye, a 140K loan on the guys, I kinda knew Babylon Savings & Loan would never front a once held Jay enterprise.....he wrecked it. Sandy is reclaiming the glory and I'm sure has paid it back with the Chicago Jay. I've never heard of a Toddy.....probably his real name is Murray Schwartz from Boca Raton.
PBSMEMBER

Phoenix, AZ

#6038 Feb 14, 2013
who is he wrote:
Toddy has different aliases on this site and will never give anyone a straight answer on why the group was axed by PBS.Maybe you think that your Bill White is the only one that knows this but Henry is the one that spread the news in an event letter that was send out to PBS members.

Toddy or Henry

Please respond
Schwartz

United States

#6039 Feb 14, 2013
I guess Jay #2 said no go if Sandy and the window washer show up fer 1 tune. I wonder if the PBS legal team had 5 pages fer Blatt to sign just to show up. Toddy Schwartz and the great Lubonski probably had interesting talks.
The Reneri Group

Phoenix, AZ

#6040 Feb 14, 2013
I'm still wondering why Henry waited until 2AM to make his call to Long Beach to give the group the heave ho from the reunion show.
Sally

Browns Summit, NC

#6041 Feb 14, 2013
Jay Black is no negro wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean, if I ran through a NC trailer park yelling Sally! Sally! you wouldn't come running out?
You can run through all the trailer parks you want, and you might finally hit one that has a Sally--but not this Sally. Don't live in a "park" anymore. But you can run through my yard yelling my name and I'd come running out with Ruger. And I'm fair at hitting a bull's eye target--not often center but good enough to maim if it was a person---so you better be real skinny.
Sally

Browns Summit, NC

#6042 Feb 14, 2013
who is he wrote:
Post #83. Found it looking for something else. I don't remember if he posted more.
Sally

Browns Summit, NC

#6043 Feb 14, 2013
Actually he had more posts right after that one. Still didn't find what I was looking for.
OlderPost

Phoenix, AZ

#6044 Feb 14, 2013
JAY BLACK wrote:
I happen to have the Court documents. They are dated September 17, 1973. All stock was transferred to me, Jay Black and signed by Ken Rosenberg, Martin Koopersmith and Lewis Yagoda. Also for the record book,August 1990 Judge Owens ruled that Jay Traynor, in Federal Court, may only use the name Jay Traynor, original lead singer of Jay and the Americans, "She Cried".
So Mr. Toddy B. who thinks he knows everything, read the court documents before you start shooting off your mouth about the real truth. Your stepdad Lewis, signed this document in 1973 signing over all of his rights to the name Jay and the Americans.
Also, if that is not true, then tell the public what you went and spent $140,000 for from the bankruptcy judge?
Go Todd
OlderPost

Phoenix, AZ

#6045 Feb 14, 2013
JB management wrote:
Dear Mr. Vetre,
Jay Black did not sell his name for financial reasons. Bankruptcy Court allowed the name Jay and the Americans to be sold as an asset of Mr. Black and was bought by Lewis Yaguda, one of the original backup singers for the group. Mr. Yaguda's son, Todd, purchased the rights to use the name Jay and the Americans for $140,000. from the courts. His step father then assembled three of the original singers (who have not performed the music for 30 years). They found a new lead singer from the mid west who has always sung Jay Black hit songs. They are now performing under the Court purchased name of Jay and the Americans. Jay Black continues his regular schedule of performances with his band of 20 years, singing all the hits he made famous. In answer to your questions.
1. Jay Black is NOT performing in Ocean City, NJ.
2. Jay Black is NOT performing in Wilmington, De.
3. Jay Black IS performing in Red Bank.
Always look for performances that state JAY BLACK. Jay and the Americans advertising will not include JAY BLACK but will have the new singer performing JAY BLACK songs.
Go Toddy B.
ToddWillAnswerQu estions

Phoenix, AZ

#6046 Feb 14, 2013
If you have any questions about Jay and the Americans just email [email protected]
Drunk Scotsman

United States

#6047 Feb 14, 2013
"Stock". JATA Corporation. I guess the Toddy is some older Beau like figure from the 60's with lots of money. Sands Point, Jay: condo & leased Chevy.
Todd

Port Chester, NY

#6048 Feb 15, 2013
If anyone wants to hear the truth then yes please email me at [email protected] For anyone that's interested, I have not blogged on this forum in years. Once I saw where it was going and the ridiculous comments and the venom that was spewing from the people I stopped. Every now and then I like to read the posts to see how ridiculous and off base they are. What Sandy (My Father) and I paid for the name of the group that he started in his basement with Kenny Vance well that is public record. Not the amount Mr Know it all claims. As well the reason why we bought the name was to keep it out of Larry M's hands. He purchases group names and puts groups out on tour with no original members and we thought that would be a travesty. All we wanted to do was put the original Americans back together with a new Jay to keep the name and music alive. So what is wrong with that. Then you have a guy who thinks he knows everything blogging under all these aliases with a roaming IP address and spewing all this false information. The writing & spelling mistakes are all alike in his posts, I know who he is and will be more than happy to point this out to anyone. He is the one that posted my email address previously. Anyone that listens to this jackass is insane. After all he was thrown out of a Jay Black show at Westbury Music Fair for creating a commotion. One last point, Jay And The Americans and myself have nothing but respect for all the Jay's. Jay Traynor, Jay Black & Jay Reincke. They were all given a god given talent of beautiful voices. After all it is all about the music and keeping it alive for future generations to enjoy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pop/Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rihanna: Why She Refused To Watch Her 'Weird' '... 7 hr andet1987 43
News Ten Things to Do In Houston For $10 or Less (Se... 9 hr FreePharts 1
News Michael Jackson's doctor: 'I told the truth' (Aug '09) 11 hr Spotted Wee 394
News Freeze your cheese, get creative with Christmas... 14 hr Texxy 9
News Jimmy Page Calls Phil Collins 'Disastrous Drummer' (Dec '07) Thu mortcola 48
News Courtney Love Will Star in a Lifetime Menendez ... Thu Texxy 1
News Nugent Might Rock The Senate Thu diesel 10
More from around the web