"Hi-Five" Singer Tony Thompson Dies

"Hi-Five" Singer Tony Thompson Dies

There are 36 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Jun 4, 2007, titled "Hi-Five" Singer Tony Thompson Dies. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

In the early 1990's, Tony Thompson was the part of the group Hi-Five -- and was responsible for the hits "I Like the Way " and "She's Playing Hard To Get." Thompson has died and friends tell a Waco, Texas ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
cilla

Birmingham, AL

#1 Jun 4, 2007
I really hate to hear of this. I enjoyed their music alot.
Laura

Iowa City, IA

#2 Jun 4, 2007
I have been a fan of Hi-Five ever since the 90's and I sing the songs to my kids all the time. They made nice wholesome music and it is so sad to hear something like this.
The Spartan

Waxhaw, NC

#3 Jun 5, 2007
LOL Wholesome music?

I specifically remember the lyrics "I was only 16, she was 25"

Pretty wholesome, don't you think?
J- Nicole

Mount Pleasant, SC

#4 Jun 5, 2007
I am so sad to hear about Tony Thompson's death. I loved the group when I was younger.
Tiffany

Lake City, SC

#5 Jun 5, 2007
I remember them songs. Drugs are horrible
luvtt

Baltimore, MD

#6 Jun 8, 2007
Stop focusing on how he died and being negative. Let's just remember the good music that he brought with his talent! All those w/o sin cast the first stone. I am sure everyone who posted a commnet has either done drugs or had sex w/o being married so Don't judge Tony! God bless and my prayers are with his family in this difficult time of their lives.
diondra mckinley

Killeen, TX

#7 Jun 8, 2007
MAN I WAS AND STILL AM VERY PROUD OF TONY ALL OF HIGH FIVE THINGS HAPPEN BUT WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN MAN I GREW UP LISTENING TO ALL THERE SONGS THEY ARE TRULY TALENTED GUYS TONY WILL BE MISSED!!!
diondra mckinley

Killeen, TX

#8 Jun 8, 2007
TONY TO ME WAS AND ALWAYS WILL BE A STAR HE WILL BE REMEMBERD AND NEVER FORGOTTEN, I AM FROM WACO SO HIS LOSS IS HARD BUT ALL OF HIGH FIVE WERE AND STILL IS TALENTED THEY ARE VERY SPECIAL TO ME!! TONY WILL BE REMEMBERD GOD BLESS!!!!
Crystal

Lisle, IL

#9 Jun 10, 2007
This is the ink to the funeral pictures...
http://www.wacotrib.com/photos/content/news/s...
DJ FONZO

AOL

#10 Jun 20, 2007
R.I.P. TO GOOD WHOLESOME MUSIC I DJ AND IT NEVER FAILS WHEN YOU PLAY I LIKE THE WAY AND SOME GUY,I LIKE,IT MIXXES SO WELL I WAS GOING TO SCHOOL IN WACO WHEN THEY WERE COMING OUT IT WAS SO COOL
R.I.P.
TONY YOU WILL BE MISSED BUT THE MUSIC PLAYS ON
Bishop

Charlotte, NC

#11 Jun 23, 2007
Well Tony is singing for God and that is the greatest gift. sing with the Angles Dog. Peace
gods angels

Las Vegas, NV

#12 Jun 27, 2007
what makes me mad is dat everybody cheated tony out of his money..dey went platinum n gold, did a sprite commerical..every thing u can think of..and wheres the money? rip n peace lil tony der will b NO otha singer like u
he had a special voice that sounded like noooo other
luv always
dread

AOL

#13 Jun 28, 2007
just sad
SEXY LADY CAIRO GA

United States

#14 Jun 29, 2007
ITS HARD TO UNDERSTAND WHY WE HAVE TO LEAVE THIS EARTH.THE THINGS NOW IS NOT TO FOCUS ON WHY HE DIED;BUT HE IS IN A BETTER PLACE NOW.HE WAS ONE OF MY FAVORITE ONES IN THE GROUP.THE SONGS THEY MADE BROUGHT BACK HIGH SCHOOL MEMORIES.
nicole

Rensselaer, NY

#15 Jun 30, 2007
i send my love and prayers to the family and my condolences
and i also will say i will miss him dearly
Tina

Colorado Springs, CO

#16 Jul 1, 2007
Rest in Peace, Tony - You will be missed.
- OKC gal
Jshaun3031

Salida, CA

#17 Jul 1, 2007
Today makes a month since Tony been gone and I just found out! It is so shocking because through the years I have always wondered how the group turned out and where were they now! He was a very talented young man that had so much to live for but God knew what was best for him!
Kathy

Hinesville, GA

#18 Jul 2, 2007
I just want to send my prayers and condolences to the family. He will be missed. Rest in Peace brother.
Renee

Lufkin, TX

#19 Jul 7, 2007
A very talented music artist has gone but not forgotten. God always pick the good ones. Rest in Peace Tony. You will be greatly missed. Prayers and condolences to the family.
rockelle

Pooler, GA

#20 Jul 7, 2007
i went to school with tony when i lived in texas as a teenager and i learned of his death from a friend and i went online to see if it was true and sadly it was. i showed my daughter the cover of their album and played a song. it really did break my heart. R.I.P
Tony. LOVE YA, KELLE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pop/Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suge Knight Hires Former Attorney For Michael J... 1 hr Grains 2
News Dying Dog Goes on Epic Bucket List Journey 1 hr Parden Pard 7
News Molestation claim against Michael Jackson's est... 8 hr Octopus 18
News Garfunkel still holds 45-year-old grudge 10 hr Will Dockery 1
News Mick Jagger Reveals the Inspiration for Rolling... 10 hr Will Dockery 1
News Seven Surreal Videos From YouTube's Strangest K... 15 hr someone 1
News Bankruptcy drama for Jay Black continues (Aug '06) 15 hr Sudi 6,601
More from around the web