Claudio Abbado's Return to Berlin

Claudio Abbado's Return to Berlin

There are 1 comment on the Counterpunch story from May 18, 2012, titled Claudio Abbado's Return to Berlin. In it, Counterpunch reports that:

When Beethoven's 9th or other large-scale works for orchestra and chorus are performed in Berlin's famed Philhamonie concert hall the PodiumplA tze- those seats directly behind the orchestra-are taken by the choir.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Counterpunch.

Linda McDougall

Zacatecas, Mexico

#1 May 18, 2012
Thank you for an absolutely wonderful review...I watched the live transmission on my big iMac screen, way up in Mexico's High Sierra. I've never seen him in person, but every live broadcast, DVD or CD he's done are close to me at all times, for as a musician, and 74 years old, no one has inspired me spiritually as has he.
Since his brush with death, something hauntingly beautiful emerged in his conducting...everyone who loves him noticed the ethereal presence he brought to every performance. His musicians worship him for many reasons..I, because he opens doors to music, new or familiar,and leads us gently through to a magical world beyond those thresholds. You obviously understand, my dear Sir. Thank you again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Opera Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Metropolitan Opera simulcasts offered in HD at ... (Aug '08) Mar '17 BigWayne19 77
News Sullivan's the Zoo Will Premiere at G&S Society... (Mar '17) Mar '17 SocietyPhartz 1
News Italy the Land of Art, Food, and Debt (Sep '11) Jan '17 edna19 10
News Japanese ballerina Sayaka Ohtaki talks about da... (Oct '16) Nov '16 DOWNASSPANISDAEGU... 9
News Revamped MIKADO Set for NYGASP's 2016-17 Season... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Fckwhitepeople 1
News As Lake Mead dwindles, can an interstate water ... (May '16) May '16 Three Psyche 3
News Ms. Geek Speaks: 'Weird History of Asian Sex St... (May '16) May '16 Magic Utah Uwear 2
More from around the web