Cast announced for Mississippi movie, 'As I Lay Dying'

Aug 23, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Clarion-Ledger

Entertainment website /Film is reporting that James Franco has started lining up a litany of Hollywood's rising stars for his filmed adaptation of William Faulkner's "As I Lay Dying," scheduled for shooting in Canton beginning in September.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Sep 22, 2012
chris

Philadelphia, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Filmed part of the movie in white oak mississippi see Smith County Reformer for article on page 3
doug

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

I hope for once they get some people that can truely speak with a southern slang, and the mississippi slang is different then other parts of the south. I hate it when they get a northerner or mid westerner to play a southern part, they just cant do it, and it takes away from the entire film.
chris

Madison, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Many of the actors are from Mississippi with previous experience or have worked in mississippi films and stage. Franco personally hand picked the actors in Canton Miss. The Faulkner Foundation has been involved in the movie.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••