Metallica Gets Bashed by Slayer

Metallica Gets Bashed by Slayer

There are 741 comments on the WSTZ-FM Jackson story from Jan 19, 2007, titled Metallica Gets Bashed by Slayer. In it, WSTZ-FM Jackson reports that:

Click here to watch Metallica's video "King Nothing" Slayer frontman Kerry King has bashed metal rivals Metallica, describing the band as a "sinking ship." King is amused by Metallica's decision to recruit ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSTZ-FM Jackson.

Anonymous

Assčmini, Italy

#780 Dec 5, 2011
Metallica sucks, listen to some Testament and Overkill.
Vomitallica suck.
dave belfast

Newtownabbey, UK

#781 Dec 11, 2011
kerry king is full of shit

Since: Dec 09

Bronx, NY

#782 Dec 11, 2011
dave belfast wrote:
kerry king is full of shit
Kerry would kick your ass. Slayer totally crushes Metallica.
Anonymous

Sėnnai, Italy

#783 Jan 7, 2012
Both Metallica and Slayer suck ass, give me some Opeth or Mastodon

“Overkill Ironbound IS HOT!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#784 Jan 13, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
Both Metallica and Slayer suck ass, give me some Opeth or Mastodon
you fauker
Gat

Fredericksburg, VA

#786 Aug 16, 2012
wow wrote:
Slayer good band
Metallica better band
Kerry King should keep quiet
No slayer= ball dropings from a puppy that was rapede
Metllica(at least the first 5 albums)=god
OhSnap

Corona, CA

#787 Aug 22, 2012
Think Kerry should shut up?
Tell him yourself!
Kerry & Ayesha King
16145 Ponderosa Lane
Woodcrest, CA 92506
Roseanne

Denver, CO

#788 Aug 27, 2012
Jesse wrote:
Slayer: one of the few speed metal bands that have not sold out. Metallica is a lame ass side show these days. They gave up on their sound as well as their fans. Slayer has never given up on there fans. they keep their honor intact with out worrying about their paychecks. Kerry talks shit because he can, and Metallica couldn't say shit because frankly, Kerry is right.
If you mean my keeping their honor intact by writing the same 5 songs over and over for the last 30 years, I guess so. At least Metallica has imagination and drive and can still thrill their fans after all this time. Kerry King, like Mr. Mustaine needs to see his name in print, once in a while. And it's always the same old whiney bullsh*t. He should pick on someone his own size, my boys are way out of his league.
Samson

Richmond Hill, Canada

#789 Dec 28, 2012
Jarule wrote:
Did none of you f*ckin idiots pick up that it says "Frontman Kerry King..."? He is not the frontman - he plays guitar....
You're stupid, just because he plays guitar doesn't mean he isn't the frontman... He created the band you twit.
the shag

United States

#790 Feb 5, 2014
I just give Kerry king big ups for having balls to voice what alot of people are thinking. But to compare metallica to slayer is a joke. Metallica are sell outs, not for conforming to modern rock, or gettin haircuts, it's because they tried to sew their fans that made them the rich dooche bags they are now. Even slayer updated their sound so they didn't sound dated but kept the style and remained heavy as hell other than metallica who went more towards the hard rock alternative metal rout. Metallica after 1988 was just plain awful. Record sales don't mean crab if you're a joke and the rest of the metal community don't respect you. So yes, i applaude Kerry kings honest opinion. I can't respect a band that was the heavyest band ever, then goes to sewing their fans and touring with nickelback.
Metallica Suck

Schenectady, NY

#791 Mar 3, 2014
They sold out to the corporation and now suck homosexual dong dribbling from their twisted mouths. Behind the scenes, they are businessmen in two piece suits blowing the CEO for more power and control over their shitty catalog that sold out to the masses years before. They also lip sync and mime their so called live concerts. Possibly the very worse so called successful band in all of rock history. Wipe your hairy chins, you plagirists.
kale

United States

#792 Mar 6, 2014
Slayers solos are wack their music all sounds the same, metallica sucks also, they got no balls, id say pantera took it to another level with their music!
Dakota

Clarkston, MI

#793 Mar 8, 2014
For fs sake guys chill it, who is the big 4? Thats right Metallica, Megadeth, anthrax, and slayer. They are all heavy as shiz.
And we all enjoy at least 1 song by all of them.
Musicians pick up hundreds of influences not all of there songs are gonna be about war and what not, we write what's is in mind most of the time, we like to explore. Yes just about all the bands in the big 4 have mellowed out or "sold out" but these guys are all pushin 50 or older lol, they've been doin the shiz for a long time.
Aniruddha

Chennai, India

#794 Apr 18, 2014
I don't care if Slayer isn't very technical, their mosh pit is insane of every song they play, They came here and they played twenty songs, six songs from Reign in Blood record, the whole show was like I was getting my chest hammered, Kerry performs without a single mistake live what else? I don't need to talk about Dave, now Dave is not in the band anymore, but Bostaph isn't a pickle seller either. Tom loves his fans like they are their his own kids, when it comes to Metallica, I don't know. I love their first record more than anything and then I heard Hell Awaits and I was totally blown away by that one, it doesn't matter how many good songs you have in yer satchel, at least perform them nicely. Slayer does that every time, I'd say they are best band when it comes to live along with bands like Dying Fetus, Gojira, Testament, Sodom and Emperor. The gift of Hanneman will always live in my heart, I love whatever he did for metal, he was the best musician with amazing lyrical talent. Vengeance with a frenzied hatred, the bastard now much die!
aceofspades

Forest Hills, NY

#795 Jul 27, 2014
Both Of These Bands Suck. Salute To Annihilator,Sadus,Metal Church

“Overkill Ironbound IS HOT!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#796 Dec 14, 2014
aceofspades wrote:
Both Of These Bands Suck. Salute To Annihilator,Sadus,Metal Church
if slayer suck why do 800,000 people per year on average go see them play?
Metalhead

London, UK

#797 Dec 30, 2014
Slayer have been doing the same thing since 1994 with each release, just affected by current trends of the day. However, they are more consistent as a result and for the most part, better. GHUA > St. Anger .

Since: Apr 15

Houston, TX

#798 May 4, 2015
I love both bands but Metallica died for me after ...And Justice - saw them several times, the last was on the ...And Justice tour and that was one of THE BEST shows I've ever seen. I love Slayer as well, even though their albums post-SoH are nowhere near as good, there are a handful of songs I enjoy from their later catalog and they've stayed true as opposed to Metallica who lost any credibility with me after hiring Bob Cock and releasing such crap as Load, St. Anger, and that LuLu atrocity. Oh, and James and Lars have finally been outed and exposed for turning the bass down during production of ..And Justice - who the f$#% does that, just to "haze" a new member??? Wtf...!

Since: Apr 15

Houston, TX

#799 May 6, 2015
Modern-day Metallica is a joke, I also quit listening after ...And Justice, new Slayer isn't that great, especially since Jeff passed away, but at least Slayer never stopped being Slayer.
dickhead 101

Hudson, NH

#800 May 18, 2015
Jole wrote:
yeah, metallica is the best, f... slayer
metlica is a crappy sell out chick band

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Metal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mississippi's Clarion-Ledger Promotes Blogger W... Thu Norbert of Norview 1
News Al-Maliki steps down as Iraqi prime minister (Aug '14) Sep 1 swedenforever 15
Bring Me The Horizon - True Friends Free MP3 *N... Aug 23 Reskay 1
News Nikki Sixx Hits Out At The Who For Still Tourin... Aug 14 It by Stephen King 1
News 'Homeland' season 5 addresses ISIS, Charlie Heb... Aug 13 Schnooki 1
News Lollapalooza day two marked by angst, apathy-an... Aug 8 Wine an Brie nerds 5
News Metal Debate: Megadeth vs Metallica (Apr '10) Aug 5 Metallica Suck 22
More from around the web