Metallica Gets Bashed by Slayer

Metallica Gets Bashed by Slayer

There are 741 comments on the WSTZ-FM Jackson story from Jan 19, 2007, titled Metallica Gets Bashed by Slayer. In it, WSTZ-FM Jackson reports that:

Click here to watch Metallica's video "King Nothing" Slayer frontman Kerry King has bashed metal rivals Metallica, describing the band as a "sinking ship." King is amused by Metallica's decision to recruit ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSTZ-FM Jackson.

First Prev
of 38
Next Last
wow

Hopkins, MN

#1 Jan 19, 2007
Slayer good band

Metallica better band
Kerry King should keep quiet
Jole

Croatia

#3 Jan 20, 2007
yeah, metallica is the best, f... slayer
Jesse

Arcata, CA

#4 Jan 20, 2007
Slayer: one of the few speed metal bands that have not sold out. Metallica is a lame ass side show these days. They gave up on their sound as well as their fans. Slayer has never given up on there fans. they keep their honor intact with out worrying about their paychecks. Kerry talks shit because he can, and Metallica couldn't say shit because frankly, Kerry is right.
Jole

Croatia

#5 Jan 21, 2007
The Game has right at least Metallica has balls to do somethink different not the same shit like slayer, and when slayer sold so much albums like Metallica then we can talk about them,and if they give up their fans(like you say Jesse) why is every Metallica show then sold out????
METALLICA IS THE BIGGEST HEAVY METAL BAND EVER!!
Frank

United States

#6 Jan 21, 2007
Im a guitarist and if a musician wants to change there style thats ok they are just exploring there other musical influences not just sticking to one style. and changing styles I really like load and reload they were like a heavy metal blues album. Slayer I here no melody's in there solos. The only thing that slayer has is reign in blood other than that they haven't done shit
Jole

Croatia

#8 Jan 22, 2007
yeah The Game rules!
Someone

Edgewood, NM

#9 Jan 22, 2007
Kerry king should not be talking. Slayer is good, But Metallica can shut him up with the question, How many albums have you sold?
justin

Austin, TX

#10 Jan 22, 2007
to hell with slayer, one good song does not give them grounds to bad mouth the greatest metal band that the world has seen.
Jarule

Australia

#12 Jan 23, 2007
Did none of you f*ckin idiots pick up that it says "Frontman Kerry King..."? He is not the frontman - he plays guitar....
wintermoon

Champlin, MN

#13 Jan 28, 2007
Slayer in my opinion sucks c*ck. Metallica used to be good in the older days better than Slayer has ever been. but now there f*cking sell outs who cant make metal worth sh*t so both bands virtually suck d*ck.
metalupyerass

Hingham, MA

#14 Jan 30, 2007
Kerry King does have a point...they seem to have lost the edge and inspiration that they once had...granted..it is good to explore musically as an artist...but what they have done recently does not seem like exploring...more like conforming (I do give them credit for saint anger's raw sound though...I could have done without the snare and lack of shredding). I hope that they can resurface with some kick a** tunes on this new album....
J B Yeetus

Castle Hill, Australia

#15 Feb 1, 2007
Jesse wrote:
Slayer: one of the few speed metal bands that have not sold out. Metallica is a lame ass side show these days. They gave up on their sound as well as their fans. Slayer has never given up on there fans. they keep their honor intact with out worrying about their paychecks. Kerry talks shit because he can, and Metallica couldn't say shit because frankly, Kerry is right.
When are people going to move beyond the idea of selling out. Any musician who has ever made any money from their music should be considered a sell out. To me that's just ridiculous.
I don't care if Metallica make money, I don't care if Slayer make money. It's a simple economic principle really, these bands wouldn't be devoting so much time to their music if they weren't making some sort of money out of it. They'd be doing 9-5 office jobs, or working as janitors somewhere, depending on their qualifications.
If Metallica is a lame ass side show, then it must be some strange miracle that so many people are willing to pay to go see them. Maybe these people are just idiots, and the thousands of people who go to see Slayer somehow aren't. The way I see it, both bands are successful bands, musically and financially, and both of them have made their mark on pop culture.
Kerry King does talk a lot of shit, but so does just about every other musician when placed under the spotlight. Let them say THEIR opinions and let's not blindly treat THEIR opinions like it's some sort of holy writing or law for US to live OUR lives by.
J B Yeetus

Castle Hill, Australia

#16 Feb 1, 2007
Jesse wrote:
By the way, this is not a personal attack on you, "Jesse". Just voicing my thoughts.
Talon

Dayton, NV

#17 Feb 1, 2007
wintermoon wrote:
Slayer in my opinion sucks c*ck. Metallica used to be good in the older days better than Slayer has ever been. but now there f*cking sell outs who cant make metal worth sh*t so both bands virtually suck d*ck.
I think you don't know crap about music. Sure Metallica used to be cool. New stuff not bad. Hell, my 7 year old loves the song Frantic. You can't compare Slayer to Metallica. 2 different kinds of metal all together. Slayer rules the thrash world, though their new one sucks I will admit. I have been a Slayer fan since the beginning in 1983. Divine Intervention is ok as well as South of Heaven and Seasons in the Abyss. God Hates us All and the one before is hell cool. Slayer provides violence and gore. Metallica provides something else. Comparing the two is like comparing Slayer and Bon Jovi dude.
If the hardest thing you listen to is Metallica, then you have no appreciation for anything......or you're a wuss. I listen to music ranging from old KISS to Slayer and Obituary to KORN and Nickleback. Hell, I think even ENYA has a few good songs.
Kerry King and Jeff Hanneman writes violent songs like no one could ever, plus with the music they write, it is in it's own league all together. Like old Metallica, they had their own style no one did. They are both great at writing songs. Though I don't care for Metallica much. I do like a lot of songs.
Hell, my new wife even likes Slayer since we got together. Her favorite song is Bloodlines. She appreciates all forms of rock, as well as I do, Korn, 10 years, Nickleback, Mudvayne, Slayer, Pink Floyd, KISS, Shinedown, U2, Grennday, and so on, but as for AC/DC, they do suck, except a song or 2 which is ok.
My point.....don't say it sucks unless you understand the band and are willing to listen to new stuff, differnet stuff in the rock, metal, new age world. An open mind, or all hope is lost. I used to hate KORN and System of a Down, then I needed something new and kept and open mind.
If you think Slayer sucks, then tell me what kind of metal or type of songs you like, I bet there is a Slayer song you could like.
So.......do you have an open mind? Or are you just a poser who only likes Whitesnake and Motley Crue and such???
I like the mellow, and I like the rush. What about you?
Talon

Dayton, NV

#18 Feb 1, 2007
Someone wrote:
Kerry king should not be talking. Slayer is good, But Metallica can shut him up with the question, How many albums have you sold?
You know, It's not about albums sold, it's about who stays together longer for the enjoyment of music and the friendship. So, Metallica lost that one.
Talon

Dayton, NV

#19 Feb 1, 2007
Jarule wrote:
Did none of you f*ckin idiots pick up that it says "Frontman Kerry King..."? He is not the frontman - he plays guitar....
He may just play guitar, but him and Jeff Hanneman writes what Slayer IS today as well as then. Read who writes the music and lyrics dude.
Talon

Dayton, NV

#20 Feb 1, 2007
You guys also act like you're 13 years old. People I had to deal with in Junior high and High school who were like called POSERS then. Don't tell me I need to tell you the meaning of POSER???

Everyone who listens to rock today, listens to what out and likes it. OLD band or NEW, as long as they grew with the times.....right?
The GAME

Lincoln, UK

#21 Feb 2, 2007
So Talon(what a gay name are you french)you a slayer fan(who happens to like Kiss,Nickleback and enya???) 5 minutes later i start typing again sorry i could,nt stop laughing. i know lots of Hardcore slayerites and not one of them give a rats ass about the gay glam rock bands you wanna mention and you wanna come on here and call us METALLICA fans posers sorry with musical taste like yours i would'nt be comin on here and callin METALLICA fans thats for sure
the walrus

Columbia, IL

#22 Feb 5, 2007
kerry king has a right to his saying that metallica aren't doing so hot these days, and i would have to agree with him. but that is only because they haven't been able to really show their stuff. st. anger was crap, but in all fairness, they didn't really make it to please you cretins. they were trying to find themselves then, plus they were going through times that would have destroyed lesser bands. if any of you have seen "some kind of monster" you would know this. besides, i realy think bob rock was holding them back in the creativity department. the new album is being produced by rick rubin, who has been known to produce some killer albums. slayer have thier own thing, and that is reproducing the same sound over and over and over and over and over again. i'm not saying that doesn't work. metallica has just been trying to find their new sound and have taken some very wrong steps, but sometimes the best products come from a lot of trial and error...mostly error. so please, don't say metallica has sold out.

p.s. no hatin' on my name, and i know you will undoubtedly have some retarded comeback, so just bring it on
Talon

Dayton, NV

#23 Feb 5, 2007
The GAME wrote:
So Talon(what a gay name are you french)you a slayer fan(who happens to like Kiss,Nickleback and enya???) 5 minutes later i start typing again sorry i could,nt stop laughing. i know lots of Hardcore slayerites and not one of them give a rats ass about the gay glam rock bands you wanna mention and you wanna come on here and call us METALLICA fans posers sorry with musical taste like yours i would'nt be comin on here and callin METALLICA fans thats for sure
I said Enya had a few ok songs. A few I heard on the radio.Kiss is something I listened to up until the death scene came around in the early 80's. If I listen to any crap from Kiss, it's on radio. That's only because my cd player is broken in my car. They play so much poser crap on radio, I have to switch it to some other crap I don't like at all or much. Better than hearing Poser crap. It least I can open my mind to other music for a minute. At least I don't buy poser crap like Metallica and your favorite...Poison. I only buy death, Slayer, Deicide, Obituary, Possessed, Dark Angel, Infernal Majesty, and so. But a person needs to break away from death for a minute. I suppose you think classical is crap too? I never listen to it myself. So, I guess your like a 15 yearold who has been into metal or hard rock for only a few years. I have been listening to rock since I was almost 5, 1975. Starting with Kiss, Alice Cooper, Judas Priest, and Iron Maiden. Then I was saved by Death Metal. What about you? I guess you have not heard it all when it comes to metal and rock bands that have come and gone since the 70's. And look up Talon, it not French like you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 38
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Metal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Inside Grammy Awards' Hip-Hop Takeover: Why Cou... Nov 28 hgfghjk 1
News Performers Who Died In Front Of An Audience Oct '17 They cannot kill ... 2
News Tattoo Bob's artwork will be marketed nationall... (Jan '12) Sep '17 Soundwave 14
News Could Nikki Sixx be the Third a oeAmerican Idol... Jul '17 sixxes 1
News Cheap Trick returning to Penn's Peak; glam-rock... (Jun '17) Jun '17 James5150 1
News Sebastian Bach recalls his debauched youth in n... (Nov '16) Jun '17 slim 5
News Times Square mayhem raises question about recen... (May '17) May '17 Meanwhile 1
More from around the web