Kerry King Accuses Metallica Of Musical Masturbation [News]

Mar 18, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Ultimate-guitar.com

While the recent series of Big 4 shows might have suggested a new harmony between the once turbulent camps of thrash metal's founding bands, it would seem that Slayer 's Kerry King has still got some harsh words for the tour's headliners, Metallica .

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Jan 7, 2012

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2011

Judged:

I guess it's okay to call Metallica musical masturbation, because when I listen to them it's like having an eargasm.
The Darbinator

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2011

Slayer is by far more successful than Megadeth....as for Metallica....not even close to being as successful
anonymous

Brasília, Brazil

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2011

The Darbinator wrote:
Slayer is by far more successful than Megadeth....as for Metallica....not even close to being as successful
Slayer maybe more succesfull in playing heavier and making noisier music than Megadeth, but that's about the only criteria in which it is more successfull than Megadeth.

Megadeth is far more technical and musical, are better musicians and have been constantly releasing amazing records... Can't say the same about Slayer or Metallica
The Darbinator

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2011

I highly agree with you. Slayer may be louder and heavier, but they are not as talented. They make stuff that sounds the same a lot of the time. Megadeth is a band that writes far more complex and intriquite music. Their guitar solos blow all other bands out of the water and Mustaine is one of the best guitarists out there. I wouldn't say all their albums are great though. Metallica just makes higher quality of music that comes together more nicely as a whole. With the exception of Load and ReLoad, I like ALL of Metallica's albums...yes even St. Anger

Since: Dec 09

Kearny, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2011

That's awesome Kerry and slayer rules. Slayer is defiantly the best thrash band ever
Alcohollica

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2011

Where is the pound of weed?
Zaid

Kuwait, Kuwait

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2012

Jelous bitch
IMO
METALLICA>MEGADETH>ANTHA RAX>SLAYER
St anger is a really good album, i prefer it over load

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Metal Discussions

Search the Metal Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Metallica Gets Bashed by Slayer (Jan '07) Jul 27 aceofspades 735
The 30-year metal reign of Tom Araya and Slayer (Aug '12) Jul 27 aceofspades 2
VIDEO: Former Megadeth drummer Nick Menza 'film... Jul 25 Nothing special 1
Andre Poulin: dead Canadian jihadist used in IS... Jul 15 Sanjay 2
Vince Neil and Nikki Sixx Talk Cassadee Pope's ... Jul 12 Big mike 2
The disenchantment of Obama Jul 10 Zeppelin 3
Why the White House Ignored All Those Warnings ... Jul 8 Stop Stupidity 1
•••
•••