First Prev
of 2
Next Last
melly

London, Canada

#1 Mar 26, 2009
rap suckssss
robzombi1993

United States

#2 Mar 27, 2009
i agree rap ruined music
melly

London, Canada

#3 Mar 27, 2009
rap is pointless.. im so sick of it..they dnt even write their own music.. gah!!
Chris

Red Rock, TX

#4 Mar 27, 2009
Yeah i don't like it either.
I tried to get into just to be open minded but I couldn't.It's just terrible.
ubeillin

Tampa, FL

#5 Mar 31, 2009
Chris wrote:
Yeah i don't like it either.
I tried to get into just to be open minded but I couldn't.It's just terrible.
you gotta be kidding me. After that comment right there, you dont ever have the right to say another word to me about anything. You want me to go into detail? What a two faced lying scumbag you are
Chris

Red Rock, TX

#6 Mar 31, 2009
ubeillin wrote:
<quoted text>
you gotta be kidding me. After that comment right there, you dont ever have the right to say another word to me about anything. You want me to go into detail? What a two faced lying scumbag you are
Haha ok you misunderstood me.
By rap I'm talking lil wayne and fiddy(which I assume these guys are talking about).
I still like the old school stuff like Rakim and Nas.I like underground hip-hop to like Pharoah Monch.
I think hip-hop and rap are diffrent.
Get it.Yeah I'm still a hip-hop fan.
ubeillin

Tampa, FL

#7 Apr 1, 2009
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha ok you misunderstood me.
By rap I'm talking lil wayne and fiddy(which I assume these guys are talking about).
I still like the old school stuff like Rakim and Nas.I like underground hip-hop to like Pharoah Monch.
I think hip-hop and rap are diffrent.
Get it.Yeah I'm still a hip-hop fan.
you can try & talk your way out of it all you want, but we both know you were kicking major knowledge about rap on the hip-hop forum. you know as much about it as I do. I dont give a $hit what anyone thinks. I was heavy into rap from about 1986-1995. There were many that i like. I dont listen to new rap one bit aside from old school rappers who still make new albums.
You said it is terrible, commenting on the "rap sucks" thread. Like agreeing with it. You sure know a lot about it for someone who "used" to like it or thinks its terrible. what is to misunderstand about the title RAP SUCKS? seems pretty self explanatory. you lost all credibilty with me after that. And hopefully you dont care because thats how you should approach it. I dont care what anyone thinks about my opinions. But I dont lie, mislead or make things up.
All someone has to do is go to the hip-hop forum & read all your hundreds of posts over there & then sit here & then try & say I misunderstood. And what is different about hip-hop & rap? Hip-hop is the culture that rap music comes from. If you are a rapper then it is rap music within the culture of hip-hop. Slick word play isnt going to fool anyone with even moderate intelligence.
You just come on here with all the metal heads trying to be cool by saying rap sucks becuase most hardcore metal fans dont like rap.
Some do, but wont admit it.
Azza

Australia

#8 Apr 1, 2009
RAp is gay, rap destroyed Music,
Azza

Australia

#9 Apr 1, 2009
Rap does indeed Suck
ubeillin

Tampa, FL

#10 Apr 2, 2009
Azza wrote:
RAp is gay, rap destroyed Music,
The reason I disagree with that comment is because both existed at the same time and both were flourishing. But any new good acts of either genre are forced to dwell in the underground because record execs are all about record sales therefore they only market radio friendly musicians. The consumers are so media brainwashed now its not even funny. Music hasnt been good in any genre for at least a dozen years now. At one time there was Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Iron Maiden, Suicidal Tendencies, Slayer along with Public Enemy, NWA, Eric B & Rakim, Boogie Down Productions, Run DMC, LL Cool J. All were the best at their own genres & all were on top of the music world.
We just gradually got to a point where we allowed MTV, VH1 & the radio to dictate what gets played & therefore who we even know about. Unless you make a serious effort, you dont even know who's out there today. People may not like Guitar Hero/Rock Band but it has the younger people interested in the metal legends again. Now they are touring & making new albums. I praise the he11 out of Guitar Hero.
melly

London, Canada

#11 Apr 2, 2009
we dont care what u say.. rap still sucks
war zone

Georgetown, KY

#12 Apr 2, 2009
i hate rap it has no meaning they just get up on stage and make stuff up as they go i like the 80's rap it has a meaning but now does not i dont see how you can consider rap music except early rap.
ubeillin

Tampa, FL

#13 Apr 3, 2009
melly wrote:
we dont care what u say.. rap still sucks
Dont speak for everyone with the "we" crap. No I dont listen to any new rappers today & havent in 15 years. But I am not so closed minded to think that only one genre of music is good or worth listening to. Anthrax wasnt so close minded like you, they got it on with Public Enemy. And I dont care what YOU say, that was a fantastic track. If I only listened to metal 24/7 I would have shot myslef a long, long time ago.
melly

London, Canada

#14 Apr 6, 2009
lol.. ok "G"
ubeillin

Tampa, FL

#15 Apr 7, 2009
melly wrote:
lol.. ok "G"
ok, anti-christ. Why is it so hard to fathom in that small pea brain narrow mind that someone can like metal & rap. Both genres dont have any good new artists, not really & havent for a long time. Practically every one of my friends liked both. I am not 17 like you. I have been listening to music for 30 years now & see no reason to just dickhandle one kind of music. So rap has no purpose, even though there were plenty of MC's that rapped about relevant issues. Of course there are some ignorant fools making it sound stupid, but its not like I listen to that stuff. But you think devil worshipping has a purpose? That is the stereotype that goes with metal. See how ignorant that is? If you knew what you are talking about it would be different but you are typical uneducated idiot who generalizes & stereotypes.
melly

London, Canada

#16 Apr 8, 2009
lol.. alright homessss
ubeillin

Tampa, FL

#17 Apr 9, 2009
melly wrote:
lol.. alright homessss
If thats all you have to say is homes & g, then you are a friggin idiot. you got nothing else to say because you know I'm right & you are a boring ordinary narrow minded person. Where are the real debaters at? Get junior out of here
melly

London, Canada

#19 Apr 15, 2009
i made this fu**in blog so ill say wat the f**k i want to ..
stonerman

Utrecht, Netherlands

#20 Apr 20, 2009
ubeillin i do have to say that you're right on the older rap/hiphop music, now ive never really liked any of that music, but i do respect the older artists that really made good and harmless music, nowadays "gangsta" rap is to hiphop what glam rock was to rock, a way for corporations to market to a bunch of ignorant kids that need something hey like because someone tells them they like it. gangsta rap is marketed all the way, and while guys like sabbath and maiden were once accused of bringing satanism into our households, gangsta rapper are never accused of traching kids that crime pays. gangsta rap is a corporate scam. hiphop isn't. if you want an example, in my country there was a large boom of ethnic minority "gangsta" rappers, who ended up performing for a bunch of twelve year olds, why because these so called street wise gangsta we're extensively shown on various childrens tv channels.'so screw the gangsta's, leave oldskool alone, and up the irons!:P
Ubeillin

Tampa, FL

#21 Apr 21, 2009
stonerman wrote:
ubeillin i do have to say that you're right on the older rap/hiphop music, now ive never really liked any of that music, but i do respect the older artists that really made good and harmless music, nowadays "gangsta" rap is to hiphop what glam rock was to rock, a way for corporations to market to a bunch of ignorant kids that need something hey like because someone tells them they like it. gangsta rap is marketed all the way, and while guys like sabbath and maiden were once accused of bringing satanism into our households, gangsta rapper are never accused of traching kids that crime pays. gangsta rap is a corporate scam. hiphop isn't. if you want an example, in my country there was a large boom of ethnic minority "gangsta" rappers, who ended up performing for a bunch of twelve year olds, why because these so called street wise gangsta we're extensively shown on various childrens tv channels.'so screw the gangsta's, leave oldskool alone, and up the irons!:P
That was exactly my point, thank you. To say if you like metal, you have to like all metal is bull$hit. The same with rap. After about 1995 I havent even paid attention to it. But at one time, people like Eric B & Rakim, Public Enemy, KRS-1, Ice-T, etc. spoke about relevant topics. Of course not anymore, its garbage. But so is Slipknot, Mudvayne & many other so-called metal groups today. 20 years ago, did you like Whitesnake, Cinderella, Warrant & Poison? They sang about girls & partying, not much different than the rap music of today.
Just like you said, its all about marketing schemes to make money. If I had to listen to metal & only metal, I would have sucked on a double barrel shotgun a long time ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Metal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grand Mufti: Moderation an important part of Is... Jan 27 tom_ 4
Saudi King's challenges: Yemen, Iran, ISIS Jan 25 USA Today 1
New Saudi King's big challenges: Yemen, Iran an... Jan 24 Kar 1
Motley Crue and Alice Cooper Tickets Released F... Jan 23 TheAfroHedgehog 1
part #7 "Sweeping Metal" de THE BEST GUITARIST ... Jan 22 IMPOSSIBLE MAN 1
Some Kind of Hate: Five fresh and local undergr... Jan 17 Bonehead 2
Meet the Musicians of Best of Utah Music Jan 13 betty 1
More from around the web