Lars Ulrich Slams Dave Mustaine

Lars Ulrich Slams Dave Mustaine

There are 839 comments on the KZMZ-FM Alexandria story from Feb 17, 2006, titled Lars Ulrich Slams Dave Mustaine. In it, KZMZ-FM Alexandria reports that:

Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich has attacked former bandmate Dave Mustaine, accusing him of using the band to promote his own group Megadeth.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KZMZ-FM Alexandria.

Murderface

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#890 Jan 4, 2011
do you know that there is a treatment for your addiction? it is pretty clear that you are out of your mind!! why don't you take a look at the Big 4 DVD in Sofia? then let me know how good is David these days.

And for the records, James does not ough you anything to you or anyone else. Do you enjoy his music? fine!! Do you hate his music? then listen something else!! Dave was willing to open the concerts for Metallica, and he has talked about the quality of James as musician (as James has done about him too), and that matter a lot more than your opinion, for sure.

“Overkill Ironbound IS HOT!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#891 Jan 18, 2011
Murderface wrote:
do you know that there is a treatment for your addiction? it is pretty clear that you are out of your mind!! why don't you take a look at the Big 4 DVD in Sofia? then let me know how good is David these days.
And for the records, James does not ough you anything to you or anyone else. Do you enjoy his music? fine!! Do you hate his music? then listen something else!! Dave was willing to open the concerts for Metallica, and he has talked about the quality of James as musician (as James has done about him too), and that matter a lot more than your opinion, for sure.
Dave is still bigger, better and according to the chicks "cuter" so UP YOURS
Thrashtime

San Francisco, CA

#892 Feb 16, 2011
Sorry but you're an idiot if you think a band is better just because their music is harder to play. You also said that "the old stuff is awesome but Dave had a lot to do with it"...you make it sound as if Dave was the only reason Metallica released all those great albums....Are you retarded? I have liked both bands for years and have even seen Dave play with Metallica many times back in the day....only an ignorant wanna be musician would make such a retarded comment as yours. Oh and I play in a band too...6 full length albums recorded and released on RoadRunner Records.
megadeth wrote:
WOW. MEGADETH ROCKS METALLICA'S WORLD. I PLAY IN A BAND AND MEGADETH IN MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE HARDER TO PLAY. I LIKE METALLICA, BUT THEY COCKS THAT ARE FULL OF THEMSELFS.
SOMEONE SAID KIRK IS BETTER THAN DAVE, GO TO HELL.
RUST IN PEACE MULLS ANYTHING METALLICA AS EVER DID. METALLICA FAN ARE SO SCARED OF MUSTAINE. THEY ARE THE ONES THAT ALWAYS BRING UP RECORD SALES. LOAD, RELOAD,AND ST. ANGER, NOW THAT IS DOG POOP ON A STICK. I KNOW THE OLD STUFF IN AWSOME, BUT DAVE HAD A LOT TO DO WITH THAT.
AND IN SOME KIND OF MONSTER THE QUESTION TO DAVE HAD BE CUT. THEY ASKED HIM HOW HE USED TO FEEL, THEN HE ANWSERED THE QUESTION. IF YOU DON'T MUSIC YOU CAN'T COMMENT ON THIS. MARTY AND CHRIS AND DAVE KICK KIRK AND JAMES IN THE TEETH. MEGADETH IS KING. I HATE METALLICA AND THERE GAY FANS. LONG LIVE MEGADETH 4-LIFE.METALLICA BLACK OUT SOLD COUNTDOWN TO EXTINCTION, AND NOBODY THAT KNOWS MUSIC WOULD SAY THAT METALLICA BLACK IS BETTER, WELL ONLY A GAY METALLICA FAN, SO RECORDS SALES MEAN SHIT. IS MEGADETH MAKING CD'S LIKE RUST IN PEACE ANYMORE, NO, BUT IT STILL IS BAD ASS AND BETTER THAN ANY NEWAGE SHIT.
Lisette

Milford, OH

#893 Feb 19, 2011
I think James Hetfield sounds like a fairy.
MurderFace

#894 Feb 20, 2011
Mustaine sounds like a horny goat....that's a fact.
Mark Pobanz

Lincoln, NE

#896 May 2, 2011
(Megadeth) I totally agree with everything you said, people give Metallica all the credit for what Dave has created, if it wasn't because of him i'm sure they wouldn't be in the top four, I don't even think they would be well known.
People don't realize that Megadeth has some pretty complex stuff, everybody listens for speed! Don't get me wrong Megadeth writes some pretty brutal stuff. I play guitar just like you and yea Megadeth is way harder to learn then Metallica, some takes time, but working on Megadeth solo's takes a lot of practice, Where with Metallica music all you need to know is the basic techniques.
And yea I hate metallica too, and thats mainly because their overrated for their music, Dave writes the real music and I worship him for the music he takes his time on and doesn't just put together like Metallica! I don't care what others have to say, quit sucking kirks dick and give Dave some credit and find out what real music is before you Judge.

(*Dave Mustaine Forever*)
Mark Pobanz

Lincoln, NE

#897 May 2, 2011
QUOTE who="Thrashtime"]Sor ry but you're an idiot if you think a band is better just because their music is harder to play. You also said that "the old stuff is awesome but Dave had a lot to do with it"...you make it sound as if Dave was the only reason Metallica released all those great albums....Are you retarded? I have liked both bands for years and have even seen Dave play with Metallica many times back in the day....only an ignorant wanna be musician would make such a retarded comment as yours. Oh and I play in a band too...6 full length albums recorded and released on RoadRunner Records.
Ok this guy is not an idiot, you clearly don't know true music, you don't to play a real instrument to see Dave's sick riffing compared to metallica, you just gotta open your eyes! Megadeth music being more complex to play, therefore if a guitar player wants to learn megadeth, they need to practice, which metallica won't help you get good at the guitar cause theres the most basic talent in their music! If you shut up about and saying they suck and listen to some of their music and give them a chance you'll see that their solos are better, and not just insanely fast like Metallica's damage inc, you'll also find out that they sound good. And really they don't have to make their music uber fast to make it hard, its just they sick riffing and style of playing that makes it different. The difference between metallica and megadeth is No talent "Metallica" and pure talent "Megadeth" Metallica has basic soloing and riffing and they just put it together and say that sounds good, record and perfect and finished. Megadeth get a riff together, work on it until its perfection, record the album and perfect the album. There's a difference they actually take their time unlike Metallica!!!
Mark Pobanz

Lincoln, NE

#898 May 2, 2011
thedocfromrock wrote:
The whole metallica vs megadeth thing has been done to deth (see what i did there?)
It's so ridiculous. You can compare them, sure, but it comes down to what you prefer. Most people will like Metallica because the vocals are less harsh and the songs are usually more catchy. From a musical stand I'd think most musicians would prefer Megadeth, due to technically harder songs to play, solos are a bit more technical. Can't say I'm bothered about either band these days, Metallica's last album was alright but they haven't followed it up with anything.

I agree, people need to listen to the music they, but my problem is when they say megadeth sucks and give metallica all the credit for their fame which is mostly because dave!
cameronismadd

Hamlyn Terrace, Australia

#900 May 6, 2011
i see sea stan is still gobbling knob
Murderface

#901 May 6, 2011
Mark Pobanz wrote:
(Megadeth) I totally agree with everything you said, people give Metallica all the credit for what Dave has created, if it wasn't because of him i'm sure they wouldn't be in the top four, I don't even think they would be well known.
People don't realize that Megadeth has some pretty complex stuff, everybody listens for speed! Don't get me wrong Megadeth writes some pretty brutal stuff. I play guitar just like you and yea Megadeth is way harder to learn then Metallica, some takes time, but working on Megadeth solo's takes a lot of practice, Where with Metallica music all you need to know is the basic techniques.
And yea I hate metallica too, and thats mainly because their overrated for their music, Dave writes the real music and I worship him for the music he takes his time on and doesn't just put together like Metallica! I don't care what others have to say, quit sucking kirks dick and give Dave some credit and find out what real music is before you Judge.
(*Dave Mustaine Forever*)
You are a real loser!!! Now I've heard everything!! Do you worship Mustaine?? you are nuts!! It is clear the Metallica would exist and succeed without Mustaine, he didn't write a note in Metallica's best albums. Without Metallica you wouldn't have Megadeth or at least they would be as know as Testament or Exodus. You are just talking about nonsense stuff, and not even Mustaine in drugs would dare to say such shit. "Why don't you get a life and grow up?/why don't you realize that you're fucked up?"
Murderface

#902 May 6, 2011
Mark Pobanz wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, people need to listen to the music they, but my problem is when they say megadeth sucks and give metallica all the credit for their fame which is mostly because dave!
Metallica deserves all the credit they receive. What have you done to say that they don't have talent? who are you? If it's true that they don't have talent, why Mustained has complained so much about being kicked out of Metallica? why did he agree to open the concert for them in the big 4 tour? You should get some help in the Betty Ford Clinic!!

“Overkill Ironbound IS HOT!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#903 Jun 1, 2011
cameronismadd wrote:
i see sea stan is still gobbling knob
you little goat W h o reeeeeeeeeeeee
wale wars

Pleasantville, NY

#904 Jun 20, 2011
I've seen so many comments that say Metallica died after Mustaine left. He wrote Call of Ktulu and Ride the Lightning on their 1984 album. THATS IT. He wrote nothing on Master or Justice, both awesome albums. Creeping Death, One, Master of Puppets, Battey, For Whom the Bell tolls, Fade to Black, and Orion are some of their best songs and they're all done without Mustaine. So metallica did make it big without him.
Murderface

#905 Jun 20, 2011
wale wars wrote:
I've seen so many comments that say Metallica died after Mustaine left. He wrote Call of Ktulu and Ride the Lightning on their 1984 album. THATS IT. He wrote nothing on Master or Justice, both awesome albums. Creeping Death, One, Master of Puppets, Battey, For Whom the Bell tolls, Fade to Black, and Orion are some of their best songs and they're all done without Mustaine. So metallica did make it big without him.
You are right!!! how is possible that some people can't see it?? at least Mustaine see it, and that's the reason for his continue complains!!
ZMM

Roseville, CA

#906 Aug 2, 2011
All I've been reading is, poorly spelled words and terrible sentences. I may mess up hear and there, but all of ya'll have bad grammar, in some way, so don't tell others to correct themselves, when you are too dumb to realize you're grammar sucks also. Leave Slayer out of this. Slayer, is just a broken record. THE SAME SHIT ALL THE TIME. They are annoying and suck. Dave can't sing better then James. Dave (in the beginning) sounds like guy taking a shit. James (in the beginning) untouchable. James (now) ok with some things. Dave (now) still sounds like a guy taking a shit. BUT BOTH WORK(ED)! Both bands are better at some things compared to the other. Both have "eh" albums, both have killer ones, and both have w.t.f. ones. I like both, but favor Metallica for the earlier stuff.
ZMM

Roseville, CA

#907 Aug 2, 2011
Sean Stan wrote:
<quoted text>
But Megadeth is still riding on the Horse. Metallica is more likely to ride a Camel .
So Megadeth is going fast and pushing hard, but in the long run, Metallica will last longer. Even though it's taking a stubborn path along the way? Interesting choice of words there. Camels store for the long run, while horses use all there energy in a short burst.
ZMM

Roseville, CA

#908 Aug 2, 2011
The only thing we can agree on here is, Lars cannot blast Mustaine, since Lars isn't too good of a drummer and Mustaine is a great guitarist. No room to talk. He even said he wasn't a good drummer.

Since: Dec 09

San Mateo, CA

#910 Nov 20, 2011
Megadeth is by far better than Metallica. The only reason "kill em all" was so heavy was because of Dave.

Metallica used him to write the album then they booted him. That's why they did nothing but go down Hill sense.
Anonymous

Assèmini, Italy

#911 Nov 30, 2011
Metallica sucks balls compared to Testament and Megadeth

Since: Dec 09

New York, NY

#912 Nov 30, 2011
Anonymous wrote:
Metallica sucks balls compared to Testament and Megadeth
Don't forget 2 other greats SLAYER and ANTHRAX. I know some of the anthrax is mellowing out but gotta admire slayer for still sticking it to the man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Metal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Anti-gay parents compare LGBT student group at ... Jun 19 Roy 19
News Best and Worst of Psychology and Psychiatry - M... Jun 18 HumanSpirit 1
News Concert review | Rock on the Range continues to... May '16 UTrashy 1
News New Festival Highlights Houston's Embarrassing ... May '16 Duke for Mayor 1
What's your dream "dead" rock/metal band? May '16 69420RNR 1
News Al-Maliki steps down as Iraqi prime minister (Aug '14) May '16 swedenforever 23
News 'Dear Mama': 25 Mother's Day songs that will ma... May '16 Breaking the Law 1
More from around the web