Lars Ulrich Slams Dave Mustaine

Full story: KZMZ-FM Alexandria

Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich has attacked former bandmate Dave Mustaine, accusing him of using the band to promote his own group Megadeth.
Comments
21 - 40 of 838 Comments Last updated Oct 6, 2013
Dethster4life

Salisbury, MD

#24 May 6, 2006
mustaine is god wrote:
FIRST OFF LEAVE SLAYER OUT OF THIS. I LIKE THEM BUT THEY DON'T BELONG IN THIS TALK, AND YOU GAY 6/6/6. GO SUCK OFF THE DEVIL. MARK YOUR GAY MEGADETH RULES METALLICA. LOOK WHO WROTE ALOT OF METALLICA'S FIRST 2 CD'S.METALLICA IS HISTORY, THATS ALL YOU METALLICA FAN TALK ABOUT BECAUSE THATS ALL YOU HAVE TO TALK ABOUT. MEGADETH IS METAL. MEGADETH IS STILL ROCKING AND METALLICA MAKES GAY CD'S
I DON'T HATE METALLICA BUT I HATE THERE FANS. METALLICA FANS EAT DOG POOP. MEGADETH OWNS YOU METALLICA. BETTER THAN AND BETTER NOW.
Amen, brother!
Dethster4life

Salisbury, MD

#25 May 6, 2006
The Loft wrote:
HEy mustaine is god ,more like mustaine is gay metallica fans eat doc poop WHAT,did you really write that how old are you listen just go home little boy put on your britney album jerk off for 30 seconds and come back when you know what the hell your talking about ok megadeaf own METALLICA yeah right keep dreamin jackass
Hey, what are you still doing here??? I thought I told you to go back to elementary school! Now, move it!
Dethster4life

Salisbury, MD

#26 May 6, 2006
megadeth wrote:
WOW. MEGADETH ROCKS METALLICA'S WORLD. I PLAY IN A BAND AND MEGADETH IN MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE HARDER TO PLAY. I LIKE METALLICA, BUT THEY COCKS THAT ARE FULL OF THEMSELFS.
SOMEONE SAID KIRK IS BETTER THAN DAVE, GO TO HELL.
RUST IN PEACE MULLS ANYTHING METALLICA AS EVER DID. METALLICA FAN ARE SO SCARED OF MUSTAINE. THEY ARE THE ONES THAT ALWAYS BRING UP RECORD SALES. LOAD, RELOAD,AND ST. ANGER, NOW THAT IS DOG POOP ON A STICK. I KNOW THE OLD STUFF IN AWSOME, BUT DAVE HAD A LOT TO DO WITH THAT.
AND IN SOME KIND OF MONSTER THE QUESTION TO DAVE HAD BE CUT. THEY ASKED HIM HOW HE USED TO FEEL, THEN HE ANWSERED THE QUESTION. IF YOU DON'T MUSIC YOU CAN'T COMMENT ON THIS. MARTY AND CHRIS AND DAVE KICK KIRK AND JAMES IN THE TEETH. MEGADETH IS KING. I HATE METALLICA AND THERE GAY FANS. LONG LIVE MEGADETH 4-LIFE.METALLICA BLACK OUT SOLD COUNTDOWN TO EXTINCTION, AND NOBODY THAT KNOWS MUSIC WOULD SAY THAT METALLICA BLACK IS BETTER, WELL ONLY A GAY METALLICA FAN, SO RECORDS SALES MEAN SHIT. IS MEGADETH MAKING CD'S LIKE RUST IN PEACE ANYMORE, NO, BUT IT STILL IS BAD ASS AND BETTER THAN ANY NEWAGE SHIT.
Right you are!
Dethster4life

Salisbury, MD

#27 May 6, 2006
JTT wrote:
Mega-who? Arent they playing behind Ratt and Poison in Highschool gyms now? Mustaine is a little fairy. Metallica can't be touched.
Maybe it can't, but they already had stuffed themselves in the toilet, and pulled the chain with St. Anger, so NOBODY WANTS TO TOUCH them at this point! And by the way, can I get ONE Metallica fan who can actually spell their comments right! Oh, you better be careful, or LARDS won't give you backstage passes, if you keep embarrassing him and his three horsemen! Go eat at McDonald's, they serve the same crap that you do, and just as harmful! Ha, ha, ha, losers.
Dethster4life

Salisbury, MD

#28 May 6, 2006
shy-guy asia wrote:
i hope metallica will produce the better stuff for the up coming albums....and megadeth win the grammy at least one.
As much as I am disgusted with the latest Metallica's tricks, I have to agree with you on that one. This album will finally show what they are made of, and if they can keep up with pre- 1991 stuff, which was awesome in its own right. And as for Megadeth, just wait until the new album, my take is it is going to be bigger than "Countdown to Extinction", and if these so called, experts can't recognize it, well, they are not worthy to host Dave & Co. in the first place. Finally, I am confident I can buy new Megadeth without even sampling it ahead of time, whereas with Metallica, I am going to need at least 5 song sample before I decide. After the St. Anger joke, I just don't trust them, anymore. Until 2004 I used to think Metallica made better music than Megadeth, thinking about their first 5 albums. But when "The System Has Failed" came out I realized that Metallica has lost its wonder, that something that causes you to spin the CD over and over, always finding something new you missed before. With the exception of "Risk", I feel that every Megadeth album had that something. As for Metallica, it ended in 1991 (black album inclusive), and since that, anyone must admit, they have nbeen pretty lazy, while Megadeth worked their butts off. So I say, let us give Metallica one more chance to prove we should still care, and if they fail us again, let us move on to bigger and better music. Dude, I don't even necessarily want a thrash- muster of puppets- meets- ride the lightning album (although that would be awesome, but I believe they don't have it in them), but I just want a good, heavy metal record from them! I mean, the name is METALLICA, for crying outloud!
Dethster4life

Salisbury, MD

#29 May 6, 2006
P.S. okay, I am actually going to own up to this, and say that I have made a lot of grammtical errors, especially "muster" instead of "master". But at least I can admit it, unlike some others who shall remain nameless (cough, cough: loft!).
Dethster4life

Salisbury, MD

#30 May 6, 2006
ErinMetallicA wrote:
man metallica beats megadeths butt soooooooooooooo hard. i ♥ metallica
Are you talking about now, or before 1991? Because before 1991, I would totally agree with you, as Megadeth was a good, but relatively small metal band. However, after the black album, Metallica sat down, had grown fat and lazy, and failed to release ANYTHING until 1996! Did you forget? How can you guys even bring the comparisons out, when your band has not done anything between 1991- 1996, 1997- 1999 (exluding awful and laughable, and totally uninspired cover album and S&M), and (now pay attention) 1999- 2006!!! Are you serious?! Even Slayer is doing SOMETHING, Anthrax keeps making new stuff, Exodus etc, etc., but Metallica just sits on their fat butts and defecates all over their fans and their past! Oh, I'm sorry, did I forget about "St. Anger"? Well, buddy, surely even you must have been disappointed with THAT ONE. That album was the worst and the most screw-everybody- who-still-cares- about-us- and believes-in-us-even-though-to- us-it-is-but-a-joke, scandalous piece of NOISE I have ever heard! Dude, I have been a metal fan for about 15 years, and heard people refer to this music as inaudible noise, and I always thought they were ignorant, but the last Metallica album is just that! You've got these nice bridges in the songs, that sound like B-sides off of "Load" session, and then in comes this totatally inaudible noise, that makes grindcore sound like NSYNC! What the hell is that? And the sound? Don't they have enough money to hire a decent producer? But you know what is the most ridiculous thing about it? The promos said that they were coming back to "Ride the Lightning" era! You know, unless they finally give us a decent album, they are done! And Megadeth all this time, from 1991- 2006 has released new, fresh music, some of it metal, some of it thrash, some rock, all original, and supremely produced, and landed 2 of their albums in the first 5 of Billboard 200 (1992, 1994). So if you ask me about their past, then I will agree, that Metallica owns, but it is not 1991, anymore, it's 2006! WHERE ARE THEY NOW??? Meanwhile, Megadeth had proven with the total of five albums since 1991, that they're relevant, fresh, and talented, and something else, that Metallica lost affinity for doing: HARDWORKING! Does Metallica still have a chance of redeeming themselves? Yes, but they have to pull their heads out of their butts and get to work...before it's too late!
Dethster4life

Salisbury, MD

#31 May 6, 2006
MarK wrote:
other than hangar 18 and a couple others..megadeath cant hold a candle to metallica!!!
sure dave is good and the stuff he wrote w/ james is great but come on...just listen to metallica's first four albums!! how can that not be better than some couple hit songs on the albums.. dave sucks at singing and james' new vocals arent that good either but metallica is still better than megadeath. i hate all you gay ass "metallica isnt true metal" fag wanna-be's..
Like I said many times before: sure Metallica recorded four, even five excellent albums (first three of which they've totally stolen from Dave Mustaine), but answer me this: WHAT HAS METALLICA DONE LATELY THAT AMOUNTS TO ANYTHING CALLED MUSIC??? He, he, he, that's what I thought. By defending Metallica on the pure basis of their past (since you don't have anything else), you guys are making a loughing stock out of yourselves in front of me, the metal community, and everybody online! Face it: you guys have to wait for the new Metallica album (which, despite my hopes, I know is going to suck, and then you might take a shot at us Droogies! Meanwhile, go listen to St. Anger! Yuk!
mustaine is a dick

Amman, Jordan

#32 May 7, 2006
dave mustaine:::
1.mustaine sucks
2.terrible voice
3.the lyrics suck
4.bad preformance
5.metallica created megadeth
6.mustaine was with metallica and they kicked him out cuz he sucked
7.bad style
Dethster4life

Salisbury, MD

#33 May 7, 2006
mustaine is a dick wrote:
dave mustaine:::
1.mustaine sucks
2.terrible voice
3.the lyrics suck
4.bad preformance
5.metallica created megadeth
6.mustaine was with metallica and they kicked him out cuz he sucked
7.bad style
First of all, learn to spell correctly. Second of all, Mustaine's voice is a matter of personal preference, some love it, some hate it. But what would you say about Obituary or Death? The vocals may be disturbing, but they are original to the point of becoming another instrument in the band. And that is exactly what Dave's voice is. If he stepped off as a vocalist, and just played guitar, it would no longer sound like Megadeth! Come on, can you imagine Metallica without Hetfield's vocals, or Slayer with Bon Jovi as the throat?! Now, as far as your "bad performance" and "lyrics suck" accusations, how many Megadeth concerts have you seen, or how many Megadeth lyrics have you read and listened to, or for that matter, how many songs of Megadeth have you heard at all to judge Mustaine as a bad vocalist,'cause I have a feeling you have propbably listened to SFSGSW or KIMB and formed your judgment. Do me a favor: unless you want to sound ignorant and hasty, go listen to some of the recent albums, and tell me that you stiill think what you think about Megadeth. I am not going to address any of your other postulates, until you gain a wide perspective on waht you are taliking about here.
Dethster4life

Salisbury, MD

#34 May 7, 2006
P.S. Nevermind the spelling part, I guess, we all do it, ha, ha, ha.
John

Thunder Bay, Canada

#35 May 7, 2006
all you guys = gay
The Loft

Blackburn, UK

#36 May 8, 2006
hi deathstar hows your day at school been i've been reading your comments and your telling everbody the same you can't spell,get your facts right,i'm above you,your beneath me,i am fab with words,i am the greatest,i love megadeaf,you've got no idea, me so horny,i take it all to seriously(hope i spelt that right or i might get lines)mustain is great,mustain is so cool . see the pattern here. Listen up people write on these pages to get their points across and they can say what they like who cares if if they spell things wrong us normal people understand you see its all about having a laugh too (which i dont think you've ever had MR i'm to anal retentive to ever have a good old larf)just get off your high horse and stop bein a bitch. Now alot of you keep sayin it does'nt matter about album sales or who sells out arean's or who sells the most merchandise well it does because it all points to the most sucsessfull band maybe some might say the most commercial but we all love the same kinda music and i'm not gonna argue about who's write the best or who is the best frontman who plays guitar best it don't really matter all the bands we care to mention have all made good albums and have all made some crap albums and its down to if they can cut it live thats why we like em and most of the bands we are talking about can cut it live and they put on the best shows hope thats ok for you deathstar and i hope i have'nt besmirched you (dont really give a rats ass if i have cause you really do suck)
Dethster4life

Preston, MD

#37 May 8, 2006
The Loft wrote:
hi deathstar hows your day at school been i've been reading your comments and your telling everbody the same you can't spell,get your facts right,i'm above you,your beneath me,i am fab with words,i am the greatest,i love megadeaf,you've got no idea, me so horny,i take it all to seriously(hope i spelt that right or i might get lines)mustain is great,mustain is so cool . see the pattern here. Listen up people write on these pages to get their points across and they can say what they like who cares if if they spell things wrong us normal people understand you see its all about having a laugh too (which i dont think you've ever had MR i'm to anal retentive to ever have a good old larf)just get off your high horse and stop bein a bitch. Now alot of you keep sayin it does'nt matter about album sales or who sells out arean's or who sells the most merchandise well it does because it all points to the most sucsessfull band maybe some might say the most commercial but we all love the same kinda music and i'm not gonna argue about who's write the best or who is the best frontman who plays guitar best it don't really matter all the bands we care to mention have all made good albums and have all made some crap albums and its down to if they can cut it live thats why we like em and most of the bands we are talking about can cut it live and they put on the best shows hope thats ok for you deathstar and i hope i have'nt besmirched you (dont really give a rats ass if i have cause you really do suck)
Ok, dude, I WAS WRONG ABOUT YOU. I took all this seriously, for two reasons:
1.I hate when people instead of saying they don't like something, they say that it sucks, though admittedly, I sometimes do it,too.
2. My wife had been having some health problems and I neede to drown somebody online, because I was really mad.
Now, I have only mentioned the spelling so many times (and then ended up misspelling more words than anybody else), because it so much fun to tell somebody off by sending them to some retard school etc. One thing you are wrong about me, and that is that I have no sense of humor. I AM the sense of humor! Thre just have been some tough times, and I let out my more serious side, that's all.
It never seizes to amaze me, taht when you attack somebody's intelligence, their reply always proves how smart they really are. And you are no exception. You know what? When I heard "Cryptic Writings", or some of the "Youthanasia" for the first time I was like whatta...?, this is terrible, they've sold out, etc. So I really think most of you guys never listened to much of the stuff you critisize so vehemently. As far as you being above me, I can't say yeah or nay, because I have never met you in person...
I do hope the new Metallica is going to be good, I really hated "St. Anger" and I ried to listen to it more than once, but I just can't stand it.
Now, as far as your concern about my nickname you are 100% right, that is exactly why I chose it, for all the reasons you've mentioned. You scared, yet? No? How about now:
LOFT, I AM YOUR FATHER!!!
Dethster4life

Alexandria, VA

#38 May 8, 2006
John wrote:
all you guys = gay
Did your dad started this rumour after I had sex with him?
the loft

Blackburn, UK

#39 May 9, 2006
Hi deathstar how u doin a little better i hope and hope the mrs is feeling better too now on to St Anger alot of people did'nt like the album and i dont know why i did'nt at first but then i watched the dvd that came with it round at a mates house and he had it really loud and i changed my mind there and then went home and put the dvd on in my system (i have a louder system than my buddy) and it was like being in the room with METALLICA you could hear everthing all the ambience, bum notes,the drum symbols vibratin what im tring to say its one of them albums that you have to turn it up and the more u turn it up the more it bites its just a hulking riff album if METALLICA had done an album in the style off their first four people would have said theve already done that and theve already done the ultra polished album in the black album and after load and reload its a case of been their done that try somthing new and sometimes with METALLICA songs u gotta hear them live and then they hit you its like some of these songs are so powerfull its like a hammer to your nuts personally i liked the album it took a while but try listening or watchin it really god damm loud(thats if the wife will let ya)it might change your opinion
Dethster4life

Salisbury, MD

#41 May 10, 2006
the loft wrote:
Hi deathstar how u doin a little better i hope and hope the mrs is feeling better too now on to St Anger alot of people did'nt like the album and i dont know why i did'nt at first but then i watched the dvd that came with it round at a mates house and he had it really loud and i changed my mind there and then went home and put the dvd on in my system (i have a louder system than my buddy) and it was like being in the room with METALLICA you could hear everthing all the ambience, bum notes,the drum symbols vibratin what im tring to say its one of them albums that you have to turn it up and the more u turn it up the more it bites its just a hulking riff album if METALLICA had done an album in the style off their first four people would have said theve already done that and theve already done the ultra polished album in the black album and after load and reload its a case of been their done that try somthing new and sometimes with METALLICA songs u gotta hear them live and then they hit you its like some of these songs are so powerfull its like a hammer to your nuts personally i liked the album it took a while but try listening or watchin it really god damm loud(thats if the wife will let ya)it might change your opinion
Well, you're probably right. I mean, I have only listened to that CD online and only parts of it, and I have to tell you it souns more interesting than Load/Reload, although I still have a hard time liking it. By the way, I think Metallica should have done a double CD for Loads, I think that would have sold better, I think they have hurt themselves by realesing two almost identical (in terms of style not notes) CDs in consecutive years, but onto St. Anger, I will give it one more shot on Itunes, and see if I change my mind, you know I usually preach that people are to hasty to judge a CD after one listen ,and here I am doing the exact same thing, but I quess my ears are so trained to metal (15 years)that it is becoming easier and easier for me to tell, except when an album is very complex like a Death (not Megadeth, but Chuch Shudiner's R.I.P band)CD, as for me I am doing better, my wife has a surgery tomorrow, and hopefully everything'll be fine, take care,
Soupy Sold

United States

#42 May 12, 2006
Ok, I hate to admit it but MetalLicker is a better band than Megadeth. Metallica really was great at one time, it's the rotten attitude of Lars Ulrich that ruined the whole thing. He's just a spoiled little millionaire punk who got scared of some new technology and started an entire movement against it. Imagine had Metallica been big when cassette recorders became available to the average person. We'd probably never have been able to dub tapes.

Seriously, he's a big crybaby who freaks out every time he feels like something threatens his next few million dollars. That is why he really bashed Dave... Megadeth truly isn't in the same league with Metallica, neither was napster. Lars just loves beating on anything that he feels bigger and better than. That includes those of us that were once his fans, and those of you who still are.

If Metallica had been big when cassette recorders became available to the public, Lars would have perceived that technology as a threat to his next few million also. He would have started a huge corporate crybaby movement against it and we'd never have been able to dub tapes.

***real bands can't be found at the mall or on tv anymore so stop looking and stop buying, just go to some shows :)
Dethster4life

Salisbury, MD

#43 May 12, 2006
Soupy Sold wrote:
Ok, I hate to admit it but MetalLicker is a better band than Megadeth. Metallica really was great at one time, it's the rotten attitude of Lars Ulrich that ruined the whole thing. He's just a spoiled little millionaire punk who got scared of some new technology and started an entire movement against it. Imagine had Metallica been big when cassette recorders became available to the average person. We'd probably never have been able to dub tapes.
Seriously, he's a big crybaby who freaks out every time he feels like something threatens his next few million dollars. That is why he really bashed Dave... Megadeth truly isn't in the same league with Metallica, neither was napster. Lars just loves beating on anything that he feels bigger and better than. That includes those of us that were once his fans, and those of you who still are.
If Metallica had been big when cassette recorders became available to the public, Lars would have perceived that technology as a threat to his next few million also. He would have started a huge corporate crybaby movement against it and we'd never have been able to dub tapes.
***real bands can't be found at the mall or on tv anymore so stop looking and stop buying, just go to some shows :)
Well, since your first point is a matter of taste, I will not elaborate too much on it: Metallica from inception to 1991 is better than Megadeth for the same period of time, but OVERALL achievement and creativity concerned, Megadeth is head and shoulders above Metallica.
Now, you seem to think that good music is found only at live performances, and anytning you can buy, or see on TV, or hear on the radio, basically ANYTHING that even sells but one copy is an ultimate sell out to you and not real music. That is pretty much a paraphrase of your statement, and feel free to correct me if I misunderstood you.
Assuming I am correct about your views, you are asking the so called, real musicians to just play live shows, sell no records, and have no hits or popularity. So for them to even HOPE for anybody showing up for their show is wishful thinking, since nobody knows about them, except for the internet, but no TV, radio etc. Now, before I show you how ridiculous this sounds, let me quess: I think you meant to say that they are so many good bands who are just playing shows, but are otherwise unknown? If so, once they become known, they start selling records,and become huge etc., but even though you like them, you now AUTOMATICALLY STOP listening to them. Dude, you are hardly encouraging music to grow, or for anybody to become a musician! You want to hear what you want to hear and only that, otherwise you will turn your back on it. That is unrealistic and a little psychotic. The point is that good music is found BOTH on stage AND on TV, radio, and is often selling in millions of copies, but the same applies to bad music. The success is not a measure of talent, but talent IS the measure of success. Success could be local, underground or mainstream, but it still involves consumers of music buying records. In fact, according to your theory, YOU SHOULD OWN 0 RECORDS, if you have any integrity! That is really crazy, man!
Please, rethink your position and let me know what you meant, because this just sounds too stupid, for lack of a better word. Now, as far as your description of character of Lars- RIGHT ON!
Soupy Sold

United States

#44 May 13, 2006
Dethster4life wrote:
<quoted text>YOU SHOULD OWN 0 RECORDS, if you have any integrity! That is really crazy, man!
Now, as far as your description of character of Lars- RIGHT ON!
Well, at least we agree on Lars, the rest of what you had to say isn't really on-topic as far as Lars Vs Dave, but I'll bite.
Real music can still be found on recordings, just not what you'd usually find at the mall or on TV. I am all for owning albums if you like them and yes the legal copies. That doesn't mean that I am against sharing music. Plenty of bands don't make enough good songs to warrant the purchase of a CD. There are remnants of the old music scheme (talented bands making it big) that are still available wholesale at places like the mall, but most of that will just pump more money into the SWAT teams to seize people's computers. Bands following that model have little chance of emerging from obscurity these days. It's like a neighborhood bar and grill trying to be noticed in a world of Applebees, McDonalds and Taco Bell. The food may be better, but that means nothing, the gap is just too great.
"Real Musicians" do usually make more money from their live shows than they do from their CD sales. Going to a Metallica show with some of your friends helps Metallica more than if you went and bought their CD. So growth of music IS promoted by going to shows. If shows weren't the bigger source of revenue, many fabiricated bands that we have clogging up the "music scene" would never risk putting them on when they know they could get dirty by being around their own fans. I am not asking them to just do live shows, their managers would never go for it. If we were to focus more on live shows and live recordings than we focus on this whole studio recording ownership problem, I believe things would change for the better.
Smaller bands don't even have recording contracts so their shows are their ONLY source of income. Going to live shows does promote growth of bands like this, So... yes, I totally believe that it's time for music fans to get out of their homes and go to some shows. Boycott the RIAA, whatever it takes.
You seem to also think that I feel that when a band I like makes it big I have to stop listening to them, also not the case. I was a Metallica fan until Lars' crap attitude made them the laughing stock of the metal world. Now I have any copies of anything metallica ever did, you may find that extreme but it's OK, you don't have to follow suit. I also stopped having anything of GNR when Axl Rose made his racist comments... again, my choice and I'd never suggest that this is the solution for everyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Metal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pat Robertson discusses plan to impeach Obama o... 17 hr Simon 8
Moshers Vs The Hardcore Kids. (Oct '06) 23 hr HARDCORE ASPERGER... 399
Perry slams Obama during NH appearances Aug 24 FYI 1
ISIS captive Sotloff's friends praise his talen... Aug 23 Deo Vindice 3
James Foley 'beheaded': Why British jihadists g... Aug 23 -Piper- 3
Historic First Time: Catholic Pontiff Pope Fran... Aug 20 mealima 1
Redefining Custom Sheet Metal Fabrication Aug 20 Courtney Galler 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000