Joe Lopez of Grupo Mazz found guilty ...

Joe Lopez of Grupo Mazz found guilty on 3 counts

There are 6470 comments on the HispanicTips story from Oct 21, 2006, titled Joe Lopez of Grupo Mazz found guilty on 3 counts. In it, HispanicTips reports that:

Leave a comment "Shocking news in Brownsville as a Cameron County jury has convicted former Grupo Mazz singer Joe Lopez of raping a young relative.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at HispanicTips.

bebe

Spring, TX

#6749 May 7, 2010
deb wrote:
<quoted text>He didnt rape no one you werent there I was, dont be so harsh on judging people, It is so easy for people to judge and yes the jury makes mistakes too they are human so just pray for Joe and wish him well until his appeal and see the outcome.
Deb your an idiot an you need to support children. You're too quick to blame others so you must stop that and treat others with respect. Joe lopez had his appeal and he was denied because he is a child molester and he will register as one, thanks be to the loard Jesus and thank the lord for register him.
bebe

Spring, TX

#6750 May 7, 2010
deb wrote:
<quoted text>He didnt rape no one you werent there I was, dont be so harsh on judging people, It is so easy for people to judge and yes the jury makes mistakes too they are human so just pray for Joe and wish him well until his appeal and see the outcome.
Joe Lopez appeal was not good. Joe lopez not doing well because he is a liar because he has not admitted to anything.
bebe

Spring, TX

#6751 May 10, 2010
deb wrote:
The only one that was there was TINA LOPEZ that went to mexico and left a child with a molester because she knew he raped a child in san antonio. Is this you TIna finally speaking out. You have been so stupid by not speaking out because you should have in the begining. Jury made no mistakes and you know it. Your idiot husband F everything up for you this was Monicas paybacks and joe did exactly like life will pay you back. Hoe lopez was a perv and he proved it when he raped his family.
Ric

Houston, TX

#6752 May 13, 2010
How long was it before they checked the shorts? Did they save them, don't they wash cloth? Where was his wife when this happened. How long did they wait before they said something about it. Was it the same day or what?? Too many unanswered ?????. Looks like it was a setup. You think he would be that dumb to leave evidence. I don't think so. Somebody got pissed off at him, probably money!!!!!!! He would have taken the deal if he had been guilty.
bebe

Spring, TX

#6753 May 13, 2010
Ric wrote:
How long was it before they checked the shorts? Did they save them, don't they wash cloth? Where was his wife when this happened. How long did they wait before they said something about it. Was it the same day or what?? Too many unanswered ?????. Looks like it was a setup. You think he would be that dumb to leave evidence. I don't think so. Somebody got pissed off at him, probably money!!!!!!! He would have taken the deal if he had been guilty.
You can keep asking the same questions that everyone had but he will be in jail for raping another child. the first one did not land him in jail because he paid her mother for soliciting her own child but his rape conviction happened for him because he raped his own family and they have never asked for any money because they dont need it. They want the singer dumbass to serve time and this is what will happen for the next 10 years. LOL
MIGUEL

Houston, TX

#6754 May 15, 2010
MAY YOU ROTTEN IN HELL JOE.FOR HAVE DESTROYED A YOUNG GIRLS LIFE.I AM SURE YOU WILL GET PLENTY OF SEX IN JAIL BUT NOT FROM A FEMALE.SOON YOU WILL FIND OUT WHAT HELL IS LIKE WHEN YOU GET TO JAIL.AND FOR THOSE IGNORANTS THAT DONT KNOW HOW DNA WORKS DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE YOU POST YOUR OPINIONS PLZ.
Ric

Houston, TX

#6755 May 31, 2010
bebe wrote:
<quoted text>
You can keep asking the same questions that everyone had but he will be in jail for raping another child. the first one did not land him in jail because he paid her mother for soliciting her own child but his rape conviction happened for him because he raped his own family and they have never asked for any money because they dont need it. They want the singer dumbass to serve time and this is what will happen for the next 10 years. LOL
They did ask for 35 million to drop the charges, so they did want money!!!
EsmerB n FL

Immokalee, FL

#6756 Jun 1, 2010
OK what i don't understand is if your daughter just wanted to see her boyfriend and get out from being there Then why not Say YOU did these things to her ? why your brother? 2nd thing it seems close friends and family are commenting so alot of the stuff being said has to be true like your daughter being kinda lose.DIDN'T you ever try to figure out WHY?! I know you as her father should of saw something was going on if not with your brother then WHO? Children are not suppose to act in such a manner. Something did happen to your daughter and as her FATHER YOU FAILED HER!If the courts placed her with you it was because you were the most fit parent and YOU didn't do right by her. I know that much is true.Everyone needs to take a step back and try to remember that she is a CHILD with a CHILD ! and ask their selfs WHY?!
SoL wrote:
SAUL LOPEZ (FATHER OF KRYSTAL & BROTHER OF JOE)
MY BROTHER DID NOT DO ANYTHING TO MY DAUGHTER. I LOVE MY DAUGHTER BUT I STAND BY MY BROTHER 200%. MY DAUGHTER MADE UP THIS LIE AND THAT IS WHAT IT WAS A LIE. MY EX-WIFE, MOTHER OF, THE POLICE AND VILLALOBOS KNOW THAT JOE DID NOT DO ANYTHING TO HURT ANYONE FURTHERMORE RAPE MY DAUGHTER. MY BROTHER IS THE MOST CARING , GIVING AND LOVING MAN I HAVE EVER KNOWN. I WAS NOT ALLOWED TO TESITIFY AT HIS TRIAL AND I WANTED TO. I CAN NOT GO ON LIVING KNOWING THAT JOE IS LOCKED UP BECAUSE MY DAUGHTER LIED SO SHE COULD GO BACK HOME TO SEE HER THEN BOYFRIEND IN BAYTOWN. PLEASE HELP MY BROTHER AND THE LOPEZ FAMILY FIGHT TO FREE MY BROTHER WHO IS INNOCENT. ME AND MY DAUGHTER WERE STAYING WITH JOE AT RANCHO VIEJO WHERE THE POLICE STATION WAS ACROSS THE STREET. IF ANY CRIME HAPPENED SHE COULD HAVE GONE THERE IN 1 OR 2 MINUTES. I LOVE MY DAUGHTER BUT IT IS TIME TO TELL THE TRUTH. THIS LIE IS KILLING MY MOM AND HIS BROTHERS AND SISTER AND HIS CHILDREN. I LOVE YOU BRO AND I WILL HELP THE JUSTICE 4 JOE LOPEZ ORGANIZATION FIGHT TO FREE YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE INNOCENT. I MISS YOU AND DREAM ABOUT YOU EVERY NIGHT AND FEEL YOU HERE. I NEED TO SEE MY BROTHER. HELP US!
EsmerB n FL

Immokalee, FL

#6757 Jun 1, 2010
NO , if you know anything about children who have been sexualy abused you would know it corupts thier mind in thinking that what they have been through is love thus seeking out sexual partners in turn making them very sexualy active both girls and boys go through the same mental reasoning.
ok ok

Immokalee, FL

#6758 Jun 1, 2010
ok wat r we talking bot here
BeBe

Spring, TX

#6759 Jun 1, 2010
Just in case you haven't heard.

Appeals court refuses hearing on Tejano star's case
Comments 30 | Recommend 1
May 26, 2010 10:45 PM
Laura B. Martinez
The Brownsville Herald
The state’s highest criminal appellate court has rejected Tejano artist Joe Lopez’s fight for a new trial on child sex abuse charges.

The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals declined to take up the 59-year-old’s request for review earlier this month.

Lopez was sentenced to 20 years in prison in 2006, after being convicted on two counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child and one count of indecency with a child. He has tried to get a higher court to overturn the decision since then.

The charges stemmed from accusations that Lopez had sex with a 13-year-old relative in 2004, while she and her father were staying at his Rancho Viejo condo. Forensic experts identified Lopez’s DNA on the girl’s shorts.

In an earlier appeal to the Edinburg-based 13th Court of Appeals in 2007, Lopez contended that the evidence presented at his trial was insufficient to support a guilty verdict and that the original state district court that heard his case should have declared a mistrial because of intense media scrutiny.

Those appeals court justices stood by the trial court’s decisions.

The Court of Criminal Appeals’ ruling May 12 effectively ends Lopez’s state appeal process. His attorneys — who did not return after hours phone calls for comment Wednesday — could appeal the case to the federal level.

Lopez remains incarcerated at the state prison in Rosharon outside of Houston pending an Oct. 27, 2026, release date. He becomes eligible for parole in 2016.

Yet he still has a big fan base with listeners at 99.4 FM Que Pasa, the Rio Grande Valley’s Tejano station, said Program Director Mando San Roman. The station continues to receive calls from listeners requesting his music and about one call a week from listeners wanting to know the status of his case.

“That hasn’t changed at all,” San Roman said.“He has always had a large fan base without a doubt.”

Lopez, 59, co-founded Grupo Mazz in the 1970s and became the group’s lead vocalist, producing several hits and albums. He and co-founder Jimmy Gonzalez split in 1998 and formed separate bands, but each managed to keep the name in some fashion.

The duo released an album in 2007 – Joe Lopez, Jimmy Gonzalez y Grupo Mazz: The Last Dance Mazz Live Reunion — that was to kick-off a reunion tour they had planned. The tour never happened.
BeBe

Spring, TX

#6760 Jun 1, 2010
EsmerB n FL wrote:
OK what i don't understand is if your daughter just wanted to see her boyfriend and get out from being there Then why not Say YOU did these things to her ? why your brother? 2nd thing it seems close friends and family are commenting so alot of the stuff being said has to be true like your daughter being kinda lose.DIDN'T you ever try to figure out WHY?! I know you as her father should of saw something was going on if not with your brother then WHO? Children are not suppose to act in such a manner. Something did happen to your daughter and as her FATHER YOU FAILED HER!If the courts placed her with you it was because you were the most fit parent and YOU didn't do right by her. I know that much is true.Everyone needs to take a step back and try to remember that she is a CHILD with a CHILD ! and ask their selfs WHY?!<quoted text>
You're just as pathetic as her father.
bebe

Spring, TX

#6761 Jun 3, 2010
Ric wrote:
<quoted text>
They did ask for 35 million to drop the charges, so they did want money!!!
Remember that her father wanted her to ask for the money. May joe rot in hell until he can admit that he did this to a child.
EsmerB4rmFL

Immokalee, FL

#6764 Jun 5, 2010
bebe wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember that her father wanted her to ask for the money. May joe rot in hell until he can admit that he did this to a child.
Well if a book is written I hope proceeds go to the victim and NOT to JOE or his family.
smart woman

Austin, TX

#6765 Jun 12, 2010
Christina Garces wrote:
From the evidence, one can only believe it is true. So to you Joe lopez, I say...you are an enormous embarassment to your family and to the mexican community. For every night you would go and sing a song, for every night in a different city, for every kiss and hug you received from a female fan, and for every clap you received when you were done singing...you dropped to the lowest point a man can fall. May God forgive you and someday may the child learn to cope with this unimaginable life long memory without recourse.
Christina,
Get over your self you sound like a miserable hateful person.
bebe

Spring, TX

#6766 Jun 15, 2010
smart woman wrote:
<quoted text>
Christina,
I agree with you. Joe lopez fans are idiots and cant understand that the hamper theory is false and no one believes it. Joe Lopez is a LMAO..........
bebe

Spring, TX

#6767 Jun 15, 2010
smart woman wrote:
<quoted text>
Christina,
Smart woman,

Where do you get your smarts, because you're a dumbass?
austin

Austin, TX

#6768 Jun 16, 2010
bebe wrote:
<quoted text>
Smart woman,
Where do you get your smarts, because you're a dumbass?

JACKIE IS BACK!!!!! Aka Bebe!
Pancho

Pasadena, TX

#6769 Jun 19, 2010
car temple texas wrote:
I think it was a hugh setup!!!! Someone didn't get her way, so they set him up. Come on people !! He has to much to loss ( he just lost everything) He shouldn't of ever let her move in to his home ! Bad mistake! I will always play his music and enjoy it like always!! I met my husband 17 years ago at one of his dances and the music just make me love him even more. Joe my prayers are with you and your loved ones. may god be with you !!!!!!!
Here in houston I agree. It was a setup. The chiflada girl probably got upset when Joe turned her down. I have a friend that had a case like this. His 14 year old neice tried to hit on him! He turned her down (obviously), and she was furious! Since he wasn't down with her, she accused my friend of sexual abuse! Come on people! Joe? I don't think so! Who's word are they going to take?! Hers of coarse!! I still jam to Joe's songs with Mazz. As a fellow musician, I will always appreciate Joe's songs and music. When Joe gets out and starts to perfom again and comes to Houston, I'll be there supporting him!!
bebe

Spring, TX

#6770 Jun 30, 2010
Pancho wrote:
<quoted text>
Here in houston I agree. It was a setup. The chiflada girl probably got upset when Joe turned her down. I have a friend that had a case like this. His 14 year old neice tried to hit on him! He turned her down (obviously), and she was furious! Since he wasn't down with her, she accused my friend of sexual abuse! Come on people! Joe? I don't think so! Who's word are they going to take?! Hers of coarse!! I still jam to Joe's songs with Mazz. As a fellow musician, I will always appreciate Joe's songs and music. When Joe gets out and starts to perfom again and comes to Houston, I'll be there supporting him!!
The chifldo was an idiot called joe lopez an old man that only had a woman named tina his old wife to sleep with and he wanted a child like norma jean from san antonio. he didnt care that it was his family he didnt wan his sick wife that was a stripper for many years he wanted a child. joes music was good but now his music is stupid he made his bed and now he must ly on it. The other chiflados are his mother and his stupid brother lorenzo and saul. they ask stupid because joe lopez would support both of them not to mention his mother and his sister alma trevino.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Latin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'm latino who is only into black women. Other... 2 hr CarlOz 2
how come theres not alot of Latino men/White Wo... (Jul '12) Mon Just me 266
Jorge Ramos Go Home Mon PATRIOT DVC MOLON... 1
Poll Does anyone agree that latin women are ugly? (Jun '11) Aug 25 Hungblackdude 187
FLEX nuevo disco ----> SEDUCTION Aug 24 digitalgirl 1
do latinos prefer latinas or anorher race of girls (Apr '09) Aug 23 La Americana 284
Translation Aug 15 Sancho 2
More from around the web