Joe Lopez of Grupo Mazz found guilty ...

Joe Lopez of Grupo Mazz found guilty on 3 counts

There are 6499 comments on the HispanicTips story from Oct 21, 2006, titled Joe Lopez of Grupo Mazz found guilty on 3 counts. In it, HispanicTips reports that:

Leave a comment "Shocking news in Brownsville as a Cameron County jury has convicted former Grupo Mazz singer Joe Lopez of raping a young relative.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at HispanicTips.

ANA

San Antonio, TX

#24 Nov 8, 2006
IF HE DID IT OR NOT IS NOT OUR BUSINESS IF WE WANT TO LISTEN HIS MUSIC WE WILL BECAUSE A FAN IS A TRULLY PERSON I ENJOY HIS MUSIC NO APROVE THE RAPE.
ANA

San Antonio, TX

#25 Nov 8, 2006
LOVE YOU ALWAYS JOE FROM BRYAN, TEXAS
ANA

San Antonio, TX

#26 Nov 8, 2006
Marcie wrote:
Take his music off the air....Don't want to listen to it, it's very dissapointing.
WELL TURN YOUR RADIO OFF THAT IS ALL YOU NEED TO DO OR CHANGE THE CHANNEL.
FERNANDO

San Antonio, TX

#27 Nov 8, 2006
Marcie wrote:
Take his music off the air....Don't want to listen to it, it's very dissapointing.
TURN IT OFF IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT.
chaney_sandy cabello

Mineral, TX

#28 Nov 8, 2006
joe if this accusation is not true justice will prevail but if it is true only god will know what will become of u. ours prayers are with u ,and that 13 year old child. we r fans of ur music but we do also belive in justice. if you did not do this god will see u thru this and if u did god will still see u thru this ,have faith and pray for that is the only thing that is going to save any of us. god bless u and ur family.
chaney_sandy cabello

Mineral, TX

#29 Nov 8, 2006
joe god bless u and ur family and also the 13 year olds family have faith and pray for that will be the only thing that will save u and us.
richard silvaz

Boise, ID

#30 Nov 9, 2006
you are all stupid the music or song he sang have nothing to do with . what happend with the 13 yr old girl. i do feel bad for the girl. sorry! but i still will buy hes cds . i still believe he is not guilt as charge. why family . puls dont tell me there is not a guy out there that dont look at 13-15 -16 yr old girl and would have sex with her so you all guy out there stop it
IRMA FROM SAN ANTONIO

San Antonio, TX

#31 Nov 9, 2006
I WILL FOREVER ENJOY HIS MUSIC AND ALWAYS HAVE SINCE I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOOL, BUT WHAT HE DID IS UNCALLED FOR HE IS A DISGRACE TO THE HISPANIC COMMUNITY AND WILL GET WHAT HE DESERVES, I PRAY FOR THE VICTIM , THAT SHE WILL START HEALING ONE DAY.
WHY? IS WHAT ALL YOUR FANS ARE ASKING,WELL THAT IS BECAUSE YOU ARE A SICK PERSON.
Marcie

Tomball, TX

#32 Nov 9, 2006
People stop dreaming... Take his music off the air it stinks.....
Marcie

Tomball, TX

#33 Nov 9, 2006
People that don't beleive it, is because it was Joe Lopez. Justice has prevailed he is in jail where he needs to be for the time being, so that he can think about all his actions and learn from them to become a better person.

Brownsville will not tolerate sex offenders, my hat goes out to the juror's in Brownsville.

Joe has dissapointed all of us and we must accept that.

He had a pattern of raping woman/children.

A 14 that was dating him, from san antonio got pregnant. How can a 39 year old man date a 14 year old?

After she gave birth to the baby he did not want to claim it. So she had to sue him so that he would claim this child. DNA test was done and Joe Lopez was the father. DNA is a very powerful test..
Marcie

Tomball, TX

#34 Nov 9, 2006
IRMA FROM SAN ANTONIO wrote:
I WILL FOREVER ENJOY HIS MUSIC AND ALWAYS HAVE SINCE I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOOL, BUT WHAT HE DID IS UNCALLED FOR HE IS A DISGRACE TO THE HISPANIC COMMUNITY AND WILL GET WHAT HE DESERVES, I PRAY FOR THE VICTIM , THAT SHE WILL START HEALING ONE DAY.
WHY? IS WHAT ALL YOUR FANS ARE ASKING,WELL THAT IS BECAUSE YOU ARE A SICK PERSON.
Music Stinks Take it off the air.. Listen to his music on your own time. Not on the Air where we can listen to great artist not chester the molester
Marcie

Tomball, TX

#35 Nov 9, 2006
richard silvaz wrote:
you are all stupid the music or song he sang have nothing to do with . what happend with the 13 yr old girl. i do feel bad for the girl. sorry! but i still will buy hes cds . i still believe he is not guilt as charge. why family . puls dont tell me there is not a guy out there that dont look at 13-15 -16 yr old girl and would have sex with her so you all guy out there stop it
I think that the only one that is stupid is you...

Take his music off the air, I dont want to listen to chester the molester... Sorry I don't think like you.
Marcie

Tomball, TX

#36 Nov 9, 2006
FERNANDO wrote:
<quoted text>TURN IT OFF IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT.
Why should I turn my radio off?

You can listen to chesters music off the air not on my time.
Marcie

Tomball, TX

#37 Nov 9, 2006
anny wrote:
<quoted text>
You dont know Joe if you did you would know that he is very capable of doing such a thing. Quit making yourself look like somone your not. He probably never looked twice at you. Ive been around this freak for years.
Anny,

I knew Joe for 20 years and I know that he is capable of doing this and more. He hide his true self behind his music and this is why people can't beleive it's true.

You and I are fortunet that we can beleive that is has happend to this young girl. The truth will prevail and when it does they will not know what to do with all their disgusting comments. We are all sinners, I don't deny that, but I can accept that I am, and those that can not will have to answer to the man up above.
Marcie

Tomball, TX

#38 Nov 9, 2006
richard silvaz wrote:
Richard, you are such a bimbo, this was his neice. This young girl was his brothers daughter, do you know what that means he is related to her. Joe Lopez watched her grow up ever sense she was born. How ridiculous can he be. This is why he can not admit it, because this is so low that a man can go and the public will not accept that of him.

Would you do this to your brothers daughter even if she looked 50 years old. Tell me??????
Dtown

United States

#39 Nov 12, 2006
His music and his conviction are two different things.He was found guilty plain and simple.If you think he is innocent because you like his music or went to his shows then you have some real issues if you can't seperate the two.
Marcie

Tomball, TX

#40 Nov 13, 2006
Dtown wrote:
His music and his conviction are two different things.He was found guilty plain and simple.If you think he is innocent because you like his music or went to his shows then you have some real issues if you can't seperate the two.
Take his music off the air. Buy it you have to but don't air it. Lot of Hugs
Sambo

Irving, TX

#41 Nov 14, 2006
I have been Joe Lopez fan from the very beginning. I have just about every CD he has made. I have heard many rumors thorough out the years of his drug problems, problems with law enforcement, his break uo with Jimmy Gonalez and missed concerts. Including the baby he father with a young lady in San Antonio. Honestly, I did not know how old she was until the trail revealed her actual age at the time of the pregnancy. I am very saddened to hear all the evidence that was presented at his trail. At the beginning I suppported Joe and his family becasue I beleive a person is inoccent until proven guilty. We all have made mistakes in our lives and regret them sonner or later. I have two girls of my very own. I can not image if that were my own child in this situation. I heard the evidence and especially the testimony of the girl who impregnated by Joe at the early age of 14. I was blown away. I could beleive it. Obviously, this a pattern of child molestation. Joe definiteley needs help. He needs Mental/Phychatric attention. Joe, Me and my wife love your music. I will miss your concerts and your continued contribution to Tejano music. We were fortunate to be at one of your last concerts in Dallas. But, we can not forgive what you have done. That is for the young girl that you have violated to forgive you. Please remember it Joe Lopez who was convicted and sentenced not his music. God Bless the young girl and her family and to Joe's family. This has been hard on everyone from a friend to fan.
Armbar

United States

#42 Nov 14, 2006
Well Said Sambo.
Mona

Chesterfield, MO

#43 Nov 14, 2006
It ALL cuaght up to him...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Latin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do Latinas like white guys? (Jul '15) 14 hr Deanna 53
how come theres not alot of Latino men/White Wo... (Jul '12) 14 hr Deanna 377
Black Women are better for Hispanic Men (Nov '11) Sat Lies 191
I feel sorry 4 Latinos... (Feb '15) Sat Lies 9
Hispanic Women Are RACIST PERIOD!!!!!! (Apr '14) Nov 17 J Cool 50
News Selena Gomez Shares 'Nude' Photo On Instagram, ... (Mar '14) Nov 12 Im your Prince 12
The Blacks on this board are annoying Oct 31 Lena Gomez 3
More from around the web