Joe Lopez of Grupo Mazz found guilty ...

Joe Lopez of Grupo Mazz found guilty on 3 counts

There are 6481 comments on the HispanicTips story from Oct 21, 2006, titled Joe Lopez of Grupo Mazz found guilty on 3 counts. In it, HispanicTips reports that:

Leave a comment "Shocking news in Brownsville as a Cameron County jury has convicted former Grupo Mazz singer Joe Lopez of raping a young relative.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at HispanicTips.

First Prev
of 325
Next Last
Christina Garces

AOL

#1 Oct 23, 2006
From the evidence, one can only believe it is true. So to you Joe lopez, I say...you are an enormous embarassment to your family and to the mexican community. For every night you would go and sing a song, for every night in a different city, for every kiss and hug you received from a female fan, and for every clap you received when you were done singing...you dropped to the lowest point a man can fall. May God forgive you and someday may the child learn to cope with this unimaginable life long memory without recourse.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
joes fan

United States

#2 Oct 24, 2006
I have been a fan of Joe Lopez's music since the age of 13 and I just can't believe what has happen. I am shocked. I ask myself "why would he do this, if he could of have any woman he wanted" at least the ones that would throw themselves on him. I have been let down my Joe before when at one of his shows he could barely stand. I have always known he was not perfect but this is something else I really don't know what to think. I will always love his music because this was before he was accused of doing what he did. But I am not so sure I will ever come out to see him perform again, only because I just don't know who is telling the truth. Being a victim of abuse myself, I am just shocked.(That is if he is ever let out of jail.) Only Joe, the young girl and God knows what happen. I send my regards to both families, may God bless you all and give you strength. I will not take sides because I do not know what happen and I don't believe in hear say. Until I know all of the evidence I will remain neutral.
Reality Check

Dallas, TX

#3 Oct 31, 2006
joes fan wrote:
I have been a fan of Joe Lopez's music since the age of 13 and I just can't believe what has happen. I am shocked. I ask myself "why would he do this, if he could of have any woman he wanted" at least the ones that would throw themselves on him. I have been let down my Joe before when at one of his shows he could barely stand. I have always known he was not perfect but this is something else I really don't know what to think. I will always love his music because this was before he was accused of doing what he did. But I am not so sure I will ever come out to see him perform again, only because I just don't know who is telling the truth. Being a victim of abuse myself, I am just shocked.(That is if he is ever let out of jail.) Only Joe, the young girl and God knows what happen. I send my regards to both families, may God bless you all and give you strength. I will not take sides because I do not know what happen and I don't believe in hear say. Until I know all of the evidence I will remain neutral.
All the evidence?????? Semen on the girls shorts is enough evidence for most people. How else could it have gotten there, how would someone get Joe's semen and then plant it on her shorts. He has been found guilty by a jury of his peers who heard all the wittness and evaluated all the evidence. He is guilty and this is probably not the first time he's done something like this, just the first time he got caught. I know it hurts to believe that someone you grew up idolizing could do something like this, but that DNA evidence tells the story, even if there were extenuating circumstatnces, the girl WAS ONLY 13, and there is no excuse for what he did.
anny

Houston, TX

#4 Oct 31, 2006
This is as far low as any man can go. You are a disgrace to all the people of your community, and beyond. You went too far. You got yours coming....
You always said Stay Alive and Be Somebody. Remember? Why would you ruin a childs life? Im sorry we ever met.
car temple texas

Pharr, TX

#5 Oct 31, 2006
I think it was a hugh setup!!!! Someone didn't get her way, so they set him up. Come on people !! He has to much to loss ( he just lost everything) He shouldn't of ever let her move in to his home ! Bad mistake! I will always play his music and enjoy it like always!! I met my husband 17 years ago at one of his dances and the music just make me love him even more. Joe my prayers are with you and your loved ones. may god be with you !!!!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
boricua

Little Elm, TX

#6 Oct 31, 2006
car temple texas you need help like him
!setup! check the evidence check the news,what about the semen ok he play manuela with her short that be ok?still be a sick person.....prayers for him he we need a lot help went he be a jail.they loves people like his there.........
houston

Houston, TX

#8 Nov 1, 2006
What is said he did is wrong, but he maintains his innocense. I don't think that he would do that with a relative, knowing that he could have anybody he wants. The punishment was too harsh. I will still continue to enjoy his music. I am saddened that his career was destroyed, but I will continue to pray for him, his family and the alleged victim. People should not be so quick to judge him as an addict, they were probably doing the same thing he was, partying with him to have known his habits. I personally knew him and still and always will love him as an individual.....My prayers are with you Joe!
Dallas

Irving, TX

#9 Nov 1, 2006
car temple texas wrote:
I think it was a hugh setup!!!! Someone didn't get her way, so they set him up. Come on people !! He has to much to loss ( he just lost everything) He shouldn't of ever let her move in to his home ! Bad mistake! I will always play his music and enjoy it like always!! I met my husband 17 years ago at one of his dances and the music just make me love him even more. Joe my prayers are with you and your loved ones. may god be with you !!!!!!!
You really must be blind or asleep. Wake-up and get your head on straight.
Dallas

Irving, TX

#10 Nov 1, 2006
Thank goodness for the justice system. He GOT what he desivered. Leave the children and all others out of your low-life.
Jimmy J

Cedar Hill, TX

#13 Nov 1, 2006
Joe,how low can you go.To ruin the life of an innocent girl is unforgiveable, your immense
talent will be wasted behind bars for the next
15 years.Maybe now you'll be able to face your demons and recieve assistance in slaying them.
Mesquite

Dallas, TX

#14 Nov 2, 2006
I don't know Joe personally but I loved to hear his music at the dances and I still listen to his CD's. I think I have about all his music that he has recorded. I am so sorry to hear about Joe. He has had a great life in the music business. His music will always be my favorite.
rosie rod

Gillett, TX

#15 Nov 2, 2006
I knew Joe some 20 years ago. I was young, thin and pretty. He was always very respectful to me and my friends. He wouldn't do such a thing. He could have ANY woman he desired. Come on, this was all just a set up for MONEY. Wait for the Civil suit!!! My prayers are with Joe and his family. God Bless and hope he has lots of angels watching over him...
RGV

United States

#16 Nov 2, 2006
rosie rod wrote:
I knew Joe some 20 years ago. I was young, thin and pretty. He was always very respectful to me and my friends. He wouldn't do such a thing. He could have ANY woman he desired. Come on, this was all just a set up for MONEY. Wait for the Civil suit!!! My prayers are with Joe and his family. God Bless and hope he has lots of angels watching over him...
How did his semen get on her shorts?In the washing machine off the toilet...give me a break....LOL
OK..........Maybe he could have any young woman back in the day........but he doesn't look like that now.
This was a 13yr old girl and not a woman.Maybe when you met him he was sober and not on drugs or an old fart preying on young girls.......on top of all that she was family.
rosie rod

Gillett, TX

#17 Nov 3, 2006
RGV wrote:
<quoted text>
How did his semen get on her shorts?In the washing machine off the toilet...give me a break....LOL
OK..........Maybe he could have any young woman back in the day........but he doesn't look like that now.
This was a 13yr old girl and not a woman.Maybe when you met him he was sober and not on drugs or an old fart preying on young girls.......on top of all that she was family.
I still believe in Joe!! I hope he wins his APPEAL, then what are all his loyal friends will tell him then? If he is found innocent? No where did it stay he raped her only found evidence on her shorts? Hello? They used the same hamper?????
RGV

United States

#18 Nov 3, 2006
rosie rod wrote:
<quoted text>
I still believe in Joe!! I hope he wins his APPEAL, then what are all his loyal friends will tell him then? If he is found innocent? No where did it stay he raped her only found evidence on her shorts? Hello? They used the same hamper?????
They used the same hamper.LOL........so they only had one bathroom and all the family shared one hamper........right.........co me on now you can do better than that.Your way of thinking is the reason some rapists get away with there crimes.The facts are he was convicted and his DNA linked him to a crime.I hope that he gets help for his addictions of drugs,alcohol and preying/molesting young girls.
West Texas Fan

United States

#19 Nov 5, 2006
I still believe that he is innocent. The stories just don't seem to match up. Joe has always showed us respect at his preformances. I hope everything works out for the best. Joe we will be praying for you. We were always at your concerts when you came to West Texas. God Bless You.
unknown _ san marcos

San Marcos, TX

#20 Nov 6, 2006
I also believe that Joe is innocent.He is such a wonderful man . I will always believe that he innocent Joe your true fans will always listen to your music thats all i listen to. justice will prevail and you will be out soon! sorry that the people from Brownsville and all the media had already convited you before the trial had started.also the jurors didnt seem to understand the evidence (rapekit neggative)(other man skin cells who they belong too...Joe may God bless you and your family .
sly

Fort Worth, TX

#21 Nov 6, 2006
People, he was found GUILTY! He rapped a 13 year old little girl, a family member. The jury heard all of the evidence and found him GUILTY. They were there at the trial - you weren't. What if that were your child? Groupies whose only life if hanging out at the clubs, need to deal with it. Just because he has good music or is good-looking? C'mon now. He is a child molester.
Marcie

Houston, TX

#22 Nov 8, 2006
Take his music off the air....Don't want to listen to it, it's very dissapointing.
anny

Houston, TX

#23 Nov 8, 2006
rosie rod wrote:
You dont know Joe if you did you would know that he is very capable of doing such a thing. Quit making yourself look like somone your not. He probably never looked twice at you. Ive been around this freak for years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 325
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Latin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Does anyone agree that latin women are ugly? (Jun '11) Sat amanda 233
how come theres not alot of Latino men/White Wo... (Jul '12) May 18 Latin Thunder 291
Hispanic Women Are RACIST PERIOD!!!!!! (Apr '14) May 9 be a man 11
Mexican cartel=have to die Apr 29 Believer 1
Cursed people cling to the word racism. Apr 29 Believer 1
Anti-trump protestors are losers!!! Apr 29 Believer 1
do latinos prefer latinas or anorher race of girls (Apr '09) Apr 26 UruEuWauWau 292
More from around the web