Your Postal Service not broken, or broke

Aug 26, 2012 Full story: The Times 23

Delivering mail is not a partisan activity. Letter carriers do not care about the political leanings of our patrons, and the people we deliver to couldn't care less about our views on politics.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Proud Employee

Clay City, KY

#1 Aug 26, 2012
Great article!!! I only wish people could get it through their heads that the USPS does not use taxpayer dollars or NEED a "bailout"!!!
tea bagger

Olive Branch, MS

#2 Aug 27, 2012
Proud Employee wrote:
Great article!!! I only wish people could get it through their heads that the USPS does not use taxpayer dollars or NEED a "bailout"!!!
according to rep. issa, postal workers are overpaid and sit on their ass, argue with management and do nothing, also the E mail has taken over causing mail volume to decline. the postmaster general told congress that 80% of the operating cost is labor and pension. not an effecient way to operate a business. in order to save the USPS, the postal workers will have to accept pay and benefit cuts and processing plant closures. after all of the proposed mail processing plants are closed, the USPS will open them back up after a couple of years and hire temp workers to run them. logical business approach.
Proud Employee

United States

#3 Aug 28, 2012
tea bagger wrote:
<quoted text>according to rep. issa, postal workers are overpaid and sit on their ass, argue with management and do nothing, also the E mail has taken over causing mail volume to decline. the postmaster general told congress that 80% of the operating cost is labor and pension. not an effecient way to operate a business. in order to save the USPS, the postal workers will have to accept pay and benefit cuts and processing plant closures. after all of the proposed mail processing plants are closed, the USPS will open them back up after a couple of years and hire temp workers to run them. logical business approach.
Typical tea bagger!! Please tell me you don't listen to everything the idiot Issa has to say. You must not have read the article. The biggest problem the USPS has financially is the ridiculous pension pre-payment the republican controlled congress passed. No other company, public or private has such burden. Paying into retirement for employees 75 years in advance in a 10 year span? Seriously???
You must not be a veteran either. Because the USPS employs a great percentage of veterans. What other benefits would you like to take away from us men and women who fight for your freedom?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#4 Sep 1, 2012
tea bagger wrote:
<quoted text>according to rep. issa, postal workers are overpaid and sit on their ass, argue with management and do nothing, also the E mail has taken over causing mail volume to decline. the postmaster general told congress that 80% of the operating cost is labor and pension. not an effecient way to operate a business. in order to save the USPS, the postal workers will have to accept pay and benefit cuts and processing plant closures. after all of the proposed mail processing plants are closed, the USPS will open them back up after a couple of years and hire temp workers to run them. logical business approach.
And there goes the security of your mail.

I'm one of those "overpaid" employees and I can assure you, I don't get a whole lot of "ass" time.

The USPS has been a government cash cow for decades. We don't get on dime from the taxpayer. We're somehow required to pay for the health benefits of employees who haven't even been born yet.

And the USPS overpaid a retirement fund by some 75 BILLION dollars,(that's right. That's right. That's a "B") but we can't even use that money. While our equipment is falling apart. And we're paying some asshole's brother-in-law to repair it. You figure it out.

Meanwhile, I bet there's not a 53' trailer in this country that isn't using shoring straps marked "Property of the USPS".

At least those are provided by an Industry for The Blind business.
tea bagger

Olive Branch, MS

#5 Sep 13, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And there goes the security of your mail.
I'm one of those "overpaid" employees and I can assure you, I don't get a whole lot of "ass" time.
The USPS has been a government cash cow for decades. We don't get on dime from the taxpayer. We're somehow required to pay for the health benefits of employees who haven't even been born yet.
And the USPS overpaid a retirement fund by some 75 BILLION dollars,(that's right. That's right. That's a "B") but we can't even use that money. While our equipment is falling apart. And we're paying some asshole's brother-in-law to repair it. You figure it out.
Meanwhile, I bet there's not a 53' trailer in this country that isn't using shoring straps marked "Property of the USPS".
At least those are provided by an Industry for The Blind business.
the reason the usps is broke is because of the Email, and 80% labor cost, Issa was correct. the APWU does not understand this. they do not understand how business works. who mentioned anything about taxpayer money supporting the usps? the us government still owns the Postal service, they can do what they want to with it. unions have no say in how or where they locate business. no one (including the USPS) owes you a job! public sector unions are the reason washington and state governments have no money right now. if bush woud not have signed the bill back in 2006 (prefunded retirement) the tax payers would have been the ones to have foot the retirement bill for the lazy postal workers. bailout prevention , thanks bush.
tea bagger

Olive Branch, MS

#6 Sep 13, 2012
Proud Employee wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical tea bagger!! Please tell me you don't listen to everything the idiot Issa has to say. You must not have read the article. The biggest problem the USPS has financially is the ridiculous pension pre-payment the republican controlled congress passed. No other company, public or private has such burden. Paying into retirement for employees 75 years in advance in a 10 year span? Seriously???
You must not be a veteran either. Because the USPS employs a great percentage of veterans. What other benefits would you like to take away from us men and women who fight for your freedom?
issa is not an idiot. stupid people never get to his position (or he would have never got there). also cliff guffey is not an idiot, he's damn good at his job(blowing smoke up your ass, brainwashing the postal workers). the only veterans that have fought for my freedom are the ones who fought a legal war (american civil war, World war I & World war II). again the reason the postal service is broke is because of Email & 80% labor cost, union contracts (no layoff policy, standby time, ect.)
Proud Employee

United States

#7 Sep 14, 2012
tea bagger wrote:
<quoted text>issa is not an idiot. stupid people never get to his position (or he would have never got there). also cliff guffey is not an idiot, he's damn good at his job(blowing smoke up your ass, brainwashing the postal workers). the only veterans that have fought for my freedom are the ones who fought a legal war (american civil war, World war I & World war II). again the reason the postal service is broke is because of Email & 80% labor cost, union contracts (no layoff policy, standby time, ect.)
If it wasnt for unions fighting for fair wages, we would all be working for minimum wage.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#8 Sep 14, 2012
tea bagger wrote:
<quoted text>the reason the usps is broke is because of the Email, and 80% labor cost, Issa was correct. the APWU does not understand this. they do not understand how business works. who mentioned anything about taxpayer money supporting the usps? the us government still owns the Postal service, they can do what they want to with it. unions have no say in how or where they locate business. no one (including the USPS) owes you a job! public sector unions are the reason washington and state governments have no money right now. if bush woud not have signed the bill back in 2006 (prefunded retirement) the tax payers would have been the ones to have foot the retirement bill for the lazy postal workers. bailout prevention , thanks bush.
You don't have a freaking clue.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#9 Sep 14, 2012
Proud Employee wrote:
<quoted text>If it wasnt for unions fighting for fair wages, we would all be working for minimum wage.
And teabaggers mail would have about a 50/50 chance of not getting rifled.
tea bagger

Olive Branch, MS

#10 Sep 16, 2012
Proud Employee wrote:
<quoted text>
If it wasnt for unions fighting for fair wages, we would all be working for minimum wage.
unions have ran away private business, also bankrupt city, state, and federal governments. federal employees should should be paid what the market labor rate is (romney quote). get the government cost in line with the private sector cost, the economy will grow. union organizations do not understand how and what makes a business stay strong. private companies or public sector paying minium wage are not in violation of labor laws. due to globalization several people are having to work for minimum wage. tell your wife to go out and get a job, the postal service is broke and your job is no longer secure. private business would never survive with 80% labor cost. hang in there rep issa! we still want our postal service to be around, do what ever it takes to save it. my local post office should not be closed just because its costing more for the employee than it is the rent or utilities on the building.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#11 Sep 17, 2012
tea bagger wrote:
<quoted text>unions have ran away private business, also bankrupt city, state, and federal governments. federal employees should should be paid what the market labor rate is (romney quote). get the government cost in line with the private sector cost, the economy will grow. union organizations do not understand how and what makes a business stay strong. private companies or public sector paying minium wage are not in violation of labor laws. due to globalization several people are having to work for minimum wage. tell your wife to go out and get a job, the postal service is broke and your job is no longer secure. private business would never survive with 80% labor cost. hang in there rep issa! we still want our postal service to be around, do what ever it takes to save it. my local post office should not be closed just because its costing more for the employee than it is the rent or utilities on the building.
What do you expect our major cost to be?

Management?
Screw USPS

Lakewood, OH

#12 Sep 23, 2012
Proud Employee wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR FKING UNION lets you get away with MURDER.

All the more reason to break it up. I'd care if I hadn't been hosed by one postal worker TOO MANY.

Customers shouldn't have to put up with snotty clerks, patronizing carriers who deign to STOP DELIVERY because they don't like my 'attitude', or workers who damage the hell out of packages and tell you to SUCK UP.

The only reason I haven't cleaned one of your clocks is because of the federal protection you enjoy.

Many carriers AND supervisors could use a good can of whoopass to straighten you out.

GO UPS and FED EX. At least something is done when they abuse the hand that feeds them....
Screw USPS

Lakewood, OH

#13 Sep 23, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither do YOU.

You sound like a typical arrogant fk postal employee who likes to TALK DOWN to their customers.

LOOK FOR ANOTHER JOB.

See how long your attitude lasts when your NEW employer tells you 'We don't have a union so we don't have to PUT UP with your arrogant, fking attitude. Go pound salt at MCDONALDS."

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#14 Sep 25, 2012
Screw USPS wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither do YOU.
You sound like a typical arrogant fk postal employee who likes to TALK DOWN to their customers.
LOOK FOR ANOTHER JOB.
See how long your attitude lasts when your NEW employer tells you 'We don't have a union so we don't have to PUT UP with your arrogant, fking attitude. Go pound salt at MCDONALDS."
I load trucks all day. 53 footers. There have been days where I've lifted and loaded over 120,000 pounds of mail. That was the old days of bed loads. Now we load it into rolling containers, but those are falling apart because the PO contracted out the container repair.

They're paying some a hole's in management's brother in law $50 a container to load them from one truck to another without fixing them.

We're paying the price with our bodies. I've watched people come in young and healthy and leave crippled. And even dead.

They don't take them out in body bags though. Death is always pronounced at the hospital so that the PO isn't responsible.

If your package got smashed, it's because management forces us to process packages on machinery that wasn't designed to handle them.

If you want to do away with the PO, you'll be lucky to get your package.

And if you live anywhere but in the city, plan on having to drive to one to get your package. Or your bills. Or your xmas cards. Or your prescriptions.

Go UPS

Lakewood, OH

#15 Sep 26, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither do YOU.

The USPS uses its federal protection to do things to its CUSTOMERS that no normal person should be expected to put up with.

Bet you have more than a 'clue' about THAT.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#16 Sep 27, 2012
Go UPS wrote:
<quoted text>Neither do YOU.

The USPS uses its federal protection to do things to its CUSTOMERS that no normal person should be expected to put up with.

Like what?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#17 Sep 27, 2012
Go UPS wrote:
<quoted text>Neither do YOU.

And what federal protection?
Popeye

Raleigh, NC

#18 Sep 28, 2012
Proud Employee wrote:
<quoted text>
Hah! You make an excellent point. If it wasn't for unions we would ALL be working! Some for minumum wage yes but at lease they would have the dignity to know they are pulling their weight! Unions have ruined the industrial base of this country. The reason the USPS is going broke is because they have to deal with 5 Communist UNIONS!

The USPS survived for 200 years without unions! It only took the unions 40 years to bankrupt it!!!!
Proud Employee

United States

#19 Sep 29, 2012
Popeye wrote:
<quoted text>Hah! You make an excellent point. If it wasn't for unions we would ALL be working! Some for minumum wage yes but at lease they would have the dignity to know they are pulling their weight! Unions have ruined the industrial base of this country. The reason the USPS is going broke is because they have to deal with 5 Communist UNIONS!

The USPS survived for 200 years without unions! It only took the unions 40 years to bankrupt it!!!!
Before you continue to sound like an idiot, do some research about the financial problems of the USPS. The most obvious and burdensome is the ridiculous pre-funding of the retirement. Which no other agency endures. For employees not even born yet.
FIREthe USPS

Lakewood, OH

#20 Sep 29, 2012
Proud Employee wrote:
<quoted text>
Teabagger is RIGHT. Your just another postal douche who believes people should have to PUT UP with shitty treatment from POSTAL WORKERS.

YOU and your kind have made my life so unpleasant that I don't use the post office for anything I don't absolutely NEED to.

I've had mail stolen, packages smashed, financial statements opened and NOBODY at the post office cared enough to look into it. They thought this wasn't a big deal.

Therefore, I am moving everything I can to electronic pay because of ARROGANT FKS like you who like to hide behind the cloak of federal protection while shoving your lame assed attitude in my face.

If you worked at any other business, you and the other arrogant asses who like to make YOUR CUSTOMERS' lives miserable would have had your assez beaten silly by now....

Go farck yerself, arrogant postal worker. I hope you get to apply for a part time job with UPS before you have a chance to 'retire'.

Better yet, I hope you piss off the person that delivers YOUR MAIL so you get a chance to see how 'fun' it is to be abused and not be able to do ANYTHING about it....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Post Office employee contracts TB 11 minutes ag... Dec 19 NO MACKEEPER 1
A Woman's Perspective on Premature Ejaculation (Jan '11) Dec 19 Chen 17
Effective Treatment of Premature Ejaculation in... (Jan '14) Dec 17 Nathan 6
Treatment Shows Promise for Premature Ejaculation (Dec '11) Dec 8 Ron 19
FBI Probes Agency Computer Breaches Said to Bea... Nov '14 START makingsense 1
Husband distraught after wife's ashes lost in t... Nov '14 START makingsense 1
Rallies Friday to Spotlight Postal Service Cuts Nov '14 vet 3
More from around the web