Illmortal Vs Shini (finals)
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“RRC (previous name).”

Since: Jun 13

Huntsville

#47 Aug 13, 2014
Flow: shini, by far hi opener was fantastic, got sluggish in the middle but still great flow and end it in a awesome mc reference.

Punches: hard one to vote on but Ill went more of a straight direct punch in the face with each bar where shini decided to set his up and let them land harder. Both great but still I feel illmortal takes this cata

Enjoyment: shini, ills was great and I liked it but with each of shinis punches it made me want to cringe, brought my excitement up and made me want to read more

Explanation:

I'm not gonna base my vote off catas (mainly cause I can't remember any of them lol) so instead I'm going to explain why I voted on the person I'll say at the end.

Shini:
opened and came out hard, super sick intro with a few good follow up punches then we get into his filler and weaker punches. But he kept his flow and made awesome multis and references. Then his end was awesome set up for a strong hard finish with a dizaster/hopsin reference to tie his package with a pretty bow.

Illmortal:
Opened slower but was very solid, immediately saw he was using topix and vet mcs as his word play dissing. Once we get to his middle he starts throwing his heavy hitters with the personally and hard hitting references, very gutsy but doing this messed your flow up slightly. You're ending was good nothing spectacular but it was definitely a solid finish. I don't like that you used Korea and shinigami, not original at all and I've read those disses towards shini before so didn't really enjoy that part.

Very close maybe the best battle in a while. Ill has come a long long way but as it stands he hasn't come far enough to be shini himself

Mvgt: shini

“RRC (previous name).”

Huntsville

#48 Aug 13, 2014
Niatroh wrote:
Flow: shini, by far hi opener was fantastic, got sluggish in the middle but still great flow and end it in a awesome mc reference.

Punches: hard one to vote on but Ill went more of a straight direct punch in the face with each bar where shini decided to set his up and let them land harder. Both great but still I feel illmortal takes this cata

Enjoyment: shini, ills was great and I liked it but with each of shinis punches it made me want to cringe, brought my excitement up and made me want to read more

Explanation:

I'm not gonna base my vote off catas (mainly cause I can't remember any of them lol) so instead I'm going to explain why I voted on the person I'll say at the end.

Shini:
opened and came out hard, super sick intro with a few good follow up punches then we get into his filler and weaker punches. But he kept his flow and made awesome multis and references. Then his end was awesome set up for a strong hard finish with a dizaster/hopsin reference to tie his package with a pretty bow.

Illmortal:
Opened slower but was very solid, immediately saw he was using topix and vet mcs as his word play dissing. Once we get to his middle he starts throwing his heavy hitters with the personally and hard hitting references, very gutsy but doing this messed your flow up slightly. You're ending was good nothing spectacular but it was definitely a solid finish. I don't like that you used Korea and shinigami, not original at all and I've read those disses towards shini before so didn't really enjoy that part.

Very close maybe the best battle in a while. Ill has come a long long way but as it stands he hasn't come far enough to be shini himself

At the end that's supposed to say "beat shini" not "be shini" lol

“Life's a monopoly”

Since: Nov 13

Houston

#49 Aug 14, 2014
Niatroh wrote:

Explanation:

Shini:

Illmortal:

I actually thought I was original with the way I used the Korea and Shinigami references. But hey you can't please everyone. Thanks for the vote.

“Life's a monopoly”

Houston

#50 Aug 14, 2014
2-0 Shini. One more vote to close this out?

“RRC (previous name).”

Huntsville

#51 Aug 14, 2014
IllMortal wrote:
<quoted text>I actually thought I was original with the way I used the Korea and Shinigami references. But hey you can't please everyone. Thanks for the vote.
Maybe the way you used em but those references are old.. I've seen people use then against him several times me included.

“RRC (previous name).”

Huntsville

#52 Aug 14, 2014
Sick sick battle btw, very excellent on both sides of the battle. Both y'all were on point
Shini

San Jose, CA

#53 Aug 14, 2014
IllMortal wrote:
2-0 Shini. One more vote to close this out?
I always do a best of 5 for the finals, but it is ultimately up to Biggy since this is his tourney. I was starving for a vote so I ate a judge.

“Dropping Bars Of Knowledge”

Since: Feb 14

Syracuse New York

#55 Aug 15, 2014
IllMortal wrote:
<quoted text>Lmao.
"Please vote. Only one vote a day will be able to feed the hunger of these two lyricists. You can help them both by filling out the categories and giving a simple explanation for each. A little vote can go a long way towards closing out this battle. Just call 1-800-plz-vote and give a bit of your time to these lyricists. Thank you."
I don't see your vote

“Dropping Bars Of Knowledge”

Since: Feb 14

Syracuse New York

#56 Aug 15, 2014
Diss*

“Life's a monopoly”

Houston

#57 Aug 15, 2014
Lenox Da Kid wrote:
Diss*
It's in parts. Shini posted it right after his....
Shini

Seongnam, Korea

#59 Aug 15, 2014
Lenox Da Kid wrote:
Diss*
His part is broken into 4 bar sets on the first page.

Hope that helps.
Shini

San Jose, CA

#60 Aug 20, 2014
Bumping for votes.

“Get money ”

Since: Sep 11

Chicago

#62 Aug 28, 2014
Sorry been extremely busy....

Punches- both had very nice punches and delivery but I felt that shinis hit harder and were a little more thought out. Ills were raw no doubt and he came strong loved the Chitown reference lol but shinis went from point a to b a bit more seamless. He really set up the punch which in my opinion is why I thought he won this cata.

Name- shini hands down won this very nice use of ill and great punches to match. Awesome opening and delivery. All made sense and didn't seem stretched. I'll provided some good name drops but was more of a straight insult vs shinis which was more of incorporation of the name with the punch.

Style- I liked ills because a lot of it was straight forward but shini just flowed better to my pandora instrumentals. His verbiage was sick as always and his punches were complex, original, and well thought out. I'll brought his game and had this been someone else battling him it would have been very hard to beat him in any of these catas but in all honesty shini is a proven vet and his style is just a bit more perfected.

Multis- I don't want it to seem like a body but in all honesty I felt that shini took this as well great use of Multics way more present through out the verse. I'll had a lot of Multies but again shinis were just a bit more complex and better thought out.

Mvgt- shini ill sorry my dude you really did have a good verse and I really enjoyed the read. You had some good drops and some very good punches but I felt that shini was just the more experienced writer on this one. I'll you gone be a force to reckon with no doubt. Although I have shini most of the catas I don't want to say that it was a complete body because it was very close. Shini just edged him out a bit. I'll again I liked your drop and this was a very tough vote. Keep doing your thang man I look forward to seeing more post from the both of you.

Congrats shini another well thought out verse. Your skills have really taken off. Now I always like to leave room for improvement and my only thing is that some of the stuff felt a bit drown out before it hit the punch. I also felt that some of your punches could be a bit hard to catch not for me but for maybe a younger crowd. Overall dope drop sick read from both parties and I'm looking forward to more future reads.
Shini

San Jose, CA

#63 Sep 19, 2014
I will now drop my originally unedited version:

To deal with "death" that is an Ill Deal/
Out of Phaze I pull that Hanzo blade to kill Ill/
I'm Gonzo/Gone so mate I don't contemplate any Ill will to spill ill-just to launch his entrails into outer space/
Sorry if this feels real force-ful/I must be a god cause I don't feel mortal
/McCloud's takin off heads cause his steel's vorpal/
this has been a one month drawn out ballad to kill Mortal/
To peel the laters off his head like a salad/
Your soul is part of my palette...that I consume out of malice/
You gonna fumble-no saving throws-not even a ballet/
So you beatin me is not even valid/
But you have a "chance to win" ... holy smokes those faulty votes might "chance a shin"/
The evidence is resonant/I'll see Ill's true colors like a palette/
There's only a maybe of you check mating me/that's in the land of make believe/
But I am the Law- Judge Dredd done made this scene/I'm just here to "cut the fat" Mortal needs to be exoriced/exercised...so we can make it lean/
The crab walking yak talking rap head here best check the ledger/Ledger/Ledge here/Cause this "joke here/joker" comes up short when he's "dissin folks of different strokes"-He not gettin propped here/proper just fallin off 'ere/
Ill should have swallowed detergent folks-do us all a favor and brag how you shelled dumb-Knock,Knock,Knock Shini-let me reiterate a bar I have felt: none!/ And numerous times I've quelled bums-so don't gotta Horowits for Wolowitz-I'll cut you Lean nerd (Leonard) when you facing Sheldon/
You bestin me rest in piece this fallacy/You crossed no tyrant more foul than me/
I'm resonant evil takin the mortality of this foul MC/You washed up thinkin Imma be taking a dirt nap man
check my prowess-see that I can hurt that man for swagger jackin Dirt Bag Dan and it's no foul ta me/
If we were puttin money of this, you would getcha purse snatched man/I'm above you a thousand leagues/
Cause you dealin with too much weight- you gonna burst that gam/
Thinkin you could "come here" and mirror match Shini/ Simular style like Bad Meets Evil-but my fear is at empty-cause when I take a look you got no image so I'm starin atta mirror that's empty/
Imma prowlin beast foul MC-cowl and speak to the Shaolin priest/When I bow then creep/I'll ready that hurrican that piles in deep a thousand feet/
I mastered my form/you'll see my cowl then sleep/Mortal's odds are stretched when facin the God of Death/Police will be sketch tracin a rigid MORTis when the odds are left/
Just explore what I'd do with the book of Nod in depth/
You facin ya odds at "death"/please you better Hop,son/ cause you ain't puttin this "God in check"/I feel like Dizaster when I look in the mirror at me puttin my dog to rest/
So if I wrote the "textbook" there is no way you can "Pass Words" on this college test/
I'll leave Mortal Speechless while he try to call collect/Fact is "I'm not Mortal" my testament sediments his whole fighting regime/
my mind's a weapon bent yet hesitant to spare life- this ain't even a fair fight/Ill...we not even paired right/it's now in my hands whether I should spare life
Shini

San Jose, CA

#64 Nov 13, 2014
Bumping to showcase.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hip-Hop Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: Trump calls Election Day 'our Indep... 8 hr tony briar mitchell 358
freestyle battle, spit it! (raps only) (Jan '07) 21 hr lil shady 38,669
Traim beat Wed Traim 1
News Watch Rae Sremmurd Deliver France's Weather For... Wed No Thanks 3
News Celebrity birthdays for April 21 (Apr '11) Jan 16 tony briar mitchell 2
News Busta Rhymes Delaying Investigation (Feb '06) Jan 16 Buster Hymen - Juice 2
News On election night, New Life Church embraced Col... Jan 15 spytheweb 2
More from around the web