First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Victor

Detroit, MI

#66 Jan 22, 2013
Chris wrote:
The 10 most overrated rappers...
10.DMX - X isn't a bad rapper or anything but way to many people think he is a top 10 mc,and a few think he is the best.This is just a outragous idea to me.He never uses metaphors,never uses multis,can't freestyle at all from what I've been told,can't really flow well,and the whole pittbull rapper gimick is kind of lame.
----------
9.Jay-Z - I know Ubelian is wondering "Why so low".Well for one a lot of people hate jay-z,and a lot of people just don't like him that much.
Which is why I have decided to defend him around here.
However I see many people calling him a top 5 rapper,and I see MTV calling him the best rapper.That is unfortunate because he is neither.
He can flip a cool metaphor and all but he doesn't talk about shit.I'm not saying everyone has to be Chuck-D but seriously.And he has dropped more than one dud in his time and has a serious lack of emotion on some tracks.
----------
8.Immortal Technique - I.T is a idiot who rants his crack-pot conspiracy theorys over poor beats,without useing much technique.And have you heard "The Thrid World" not recomended unless you want to torture yourself.
----------
7.tie:Kanye West and Lil Wayne - I loved 'Ye back when he was working with jay-z and I like his first two albums but his new stuff is unbearable.
And lil wayne is just bad no other way to explain that.
----------
6.Snoop Dogg - Snoop is just so lazy.When was the last time you could whole-heartedly say he put a 100% effort into a album or live performance?If you haven't been to a Snoop Dogg live show DONT DO IT this is a warning.He mumbles at least half his lyrics because he forgets them it's embaressing.His entire standing in hip-hop is based off one album.Hardly the career of a legend.
----------
5.Biggy - Biggy is a strange case.Because he clearly had more potential than Big L or 2pac.And he clearly had more talent than either.I just can't see why he is considered the G.O.A.T by so many.
----------
4.Big-L - Where to start.Well for one the mis-concetion is that I hate Big L when I do not.I just think he was such a "what if" that you can't even tell where his career was heading.And imo he was heading into a negetive direction.
----------
3.Eminem - In case you haven't noticed I've had a love hate relationship with slim shady.
The love is that he just didn't give a f*ck when he started off.He was a real mc not conforming to atypical content and used to spit some of the hottest multis in hip-hop.
The hate is that the subject matter I also praise gets really stale after a minute and it could've helped if he didn't go into Slim Shady mode so often but just occasionally and after "The Eminem Show" he dumbed himself down so much that he became a parody of himself.
----------
2.Eazy-E - I believe I have said it one billion times so I don't need to explain it again.
----------
1.2pac - Anyone who really knows me knows I don't like 2pac that much.Why?Well I've given a couple of rants about why I don't like him in the past so I don't feel like I need to explain myself again,but I will say this.I find his music painfull to listen to.
This list is mixed. These should be a list of the greatest rappers.-__-
Victor

Detroit, MI

#67 Jan 22, 2013
This should be a list of the best rappers. Except for Lil Wayne and Kanye. WHO DOES'T LIKE 2PAC? AND BIGGIE? Why are people such haters on GREAT rappers?
Some Random Dude

United States

#68 Jan 23, 2013
I find it disapointing you put the greats up on this list. It is very insulting.

You have to balance skill and hype. On top of that any type of seriousness is lost in saying Kanye and Little Wayne are rappers. The are Hip-Hop artists, you have no idea what you are talking about.
Shini

Las Vegas, NV

#69 Jan 24, 2013
Overated Rappers-

10. Dr. Dre (fpr beat jacking and hiring ghost writers)
9. Meek Mill- I'd place him higher, but he does have a few decent joints.
8. Nicki Minaj- Enough said
7. Justin Beiber- Seriously he had one prewritten freestyle. Stop saying he can rap.
6. Kanye West- Great producer; mediocre rapper
5. Canibus- After the Diz choke it would seem like a sin not to put him here.
4. LL Cool J- He has a little skill but he isn't as good as people say he is.
3. Rick Ross- Again has some skill but is fake as [email protected]#$
2. Chris Brown-Enough said
1. Drake- Drake has decent storytelling ability but he isn't a lyrical monster. He gets a lot of love and hate, but I think both of it is overrated. He does get respect for being the first commerical artist to financially reach out to King of the Dot and help sponser one of the biggest rap events of 2012 between Dizaster and Dna.

People are probably wondering why Wayne is not up there. Current Lil Wayne is mediocre at best. The past Lil Wayne from Carter 1 and 2 days was lyrical as hell. Wayne does produce well and he does make goood beats. I used to subscribe to totally hating Wayne, but he just can't write the same anymore. I think he dumbed his [email protected]# down to make more money. A lot of the Young Money Roster except for Busta Rhymes is highly overrated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hip-Hop Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Music News Meek Mill denied bail hearing as jud... Sat albospiderman 12
freestyle battle, spit it! (raps only) (Jan '07) Dec 4 UnsightedPoet 38,821
News ACL Live Shot: Calvin Harris (Oct '14) Dec 4 Jim Shoe 4
News Music News Eminem once gifted Elton John a pair... Dec 3 Music and Hope 6
New Rapper From Norfolk, Va Rapper Dec 1 LCTheGoat 1
News Annie Lennox to Perform at Gucci and LACMA's Ar... Dec 1 Cyphilis 1
News Sharpton: Meek Mill represents victims of the j... Nov 29 Go Away 1
More from around the web