Phaze the great vs ligature (Mu 2)
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Divide and conquer ”

Since: Mar 13

Brooklyn, New York

#21 May 25, 2014
Shxt if I would've known who you were I would've made a punchline with you going for killah with your old name epitaph. The set up would fall in place lol
Evolusean

Calgary, Canada

#22 May 25, 2014
Haha what?! Ligature is epitaph? What a twist! Lol.

“always”

Since: Jun 12

Connecticut

#23 May 26, 2014
Evolusean wrote:
Haha what?! Ligature is epitaph? What a twist! Lol.
Haha wow, plot twist. Never would've thought you were epitaph.

“reverbnation.com /evolusean”

Since: Feb 14

CANADA

#24 May 29, 2014
aight lets get some votes on this too, as well as shini vs killah (altho thats pree much over already lol) and now me and illmortals. srd's battle still has yet to produce a drop so we got a bit of time, but we need votes in within like 2 days MAX lol.

“Life's a monopoly”

Since: Nov 13

Houston

#25 May 29, 2014
Punches: Phaze (only by a bit though)
Word Play: Ligature
Rhyme Scheme: Phaze
Flow: Ligature (this one was again close because I was easily about to rap both of them pretty easy the middle of phazes seemed a bit off though)
Enjoyment: Phaze (liked the name play and it appealed to me more than ligas. The way you went about dissing him intrigued me more.
Multi's: Phaze

MVGT: Phaze but very very close battle in my eyes. Could've gone either way but Phaze had a slight advantage over him in the punches which got the W for me.

Now let's get more votes.

Since: Mar 14

Willard, NC

#26 May 30, 2014
Appreciate more votes....

Willard, NC

#27 Jun 1, 2014
If this was Phaze vs. Anybody but Ligature, I bet this would have more than 1 vote already lol.....but aye, I feed off of being disliked, it's like a weird fetish in a way lol

“Divide and conquer ”

Brooklyn, New York

#28 Jun 1, 2014
Nobody dislikes you lol I can't name one person who dislikes you. And be patient, voting can take a long time depending on how thorough the voter tends to be. People have lives like you and some can be busy with other things.
SomeRandomDude

United States

#29 Jun 1, 2014
See, my favorite part from Epitaph, would by far by the WWW. URL line, made me go... Wait, what? It was beautifully presented and amazing to read it. Although, the fact you convoluted it so much with over-explained punches and wordplay, the flow dropped. Why, because I am reading around the explainations.

So, let's start:

Flow - 6/10 It was seriously hurt by the explainations, it was a very smooth creation, but my eyes hurt a little with all the extra.
Metaphores - 9/10 Very well done, very original and I enjoyed them alot. I think you have the metaphores down.
Similes - 6/10 Focus on pushing these are very as you metaphores and you will be solid.
Wordplay - 9/10 Almost as good as YoYoYo's, credit where credit is due. Just focus more heavily on keeping them self explained. If you over analyze it can pull from the reader figuring it out and going, "Damn!" in their heads.
Punchlines - 6/10 Mostly, the over-explainations and the fact you need to hit personal with Phaze. He'll dig into your marrow if you do not lay into him.
Originality - 10/10 Honestly, I feel this is on par with me right now. You need to stay clean though. If you are doped up, you'll never get anywhere.
Vocabulary - 5/10 You have some good vocab, but nothing too extreme.
Multies - 6/10 You implemented multies into your bars, that helped the punches hit and kept the flow running well. However, with less multies overall, it does hurt the performance.
Nameplay - 3/10 Well, this is a big one, everything you said was said before alot. So it pulled hard from it.
Rhyme Scheme - 6/10 It seemed pretty smooth and well done, next time do not link, post the Title of the Battle. It pulls away from you writing and causes problems. That dropped it two points.
Enjoyment - 7/10 I love it, if you focus more heavily on keeping it smooth and readable in the normal sense, instead of making me feel like I am reading computer code, you would have gotten a 9/10. Overall, good job.

77/100 Now to vote Phaze.
SomeRandomDude

United States

#30 Jun 1, 2014
Well, to start, you are a ph*gg*t! I had to look up anachronous... Lmao.

"Like you had wordplay, but you used anachronous lines
Ligature maybe to bandage and bind, but it won't heal the damage inside!"

Your best line, by far a haymaker. Good on you there. Now, let's get into the grit.

Flow - 10/10 Your flows are easily noticed as heavily influenced by Dizaster. Hopefully, I can watch you evolve from it or I won't keep rating it as high. You need to make it your own or I will see a wannabe, and I don't want to look at you that way.
Metaphores - 7/10 Freshly delivered and done very smooth. You really kept them clean and as with the flow kept the image alive.
Similes - 4/10 You had one and it alone got you 4 points. It will done well, even though I have seen it many times before.
Wordplay - 7/10 I just did nameplay with this one and for good reason, you focused so heavily on hitting personal you left out a bunch of crucial wordplay by itself. Not saying there was none at all.
Punchlines 7/10 I was so addicted to this, that by the end I was thinking, wait, that's it? I wanted more, I was drawn in and hooked. Amazing and very well done. Howver, it felt lacking, because it seemed like the big follow never happened.
Originality - 8/10 Very original, but still, you are too close too the box. Throw it away and turn out some serious creativity.
Vocabulary - 7/10 Still can't believe I had to look up that word... However, the rest were fairly basic.
Multies - 8/10 You had this FORSURE good job and well done.
Nameplay - 9/10 You hit very personal, got in on him and layed it down. It was very impressive and seemed to pull a small amount to say the least in the hardest bars from OUR battle. That is good, you are evolving.
Rhyme Scheme -
Enjoyment - 8/10 Personally, I LOVED it! I would have easily given it a 10/10, however, the alck of the big finish left me empty and so I have to judge accordingly.

83/100 You won, but barely. If Epitaph kept it clean, I would have voted his way, but for your sake he didn't. You are given the vote.

77/100 Epitaph
83/100 Phaze

MVGT: Phaze

Congralutions, it was a good battle.
SomeRandomDude

United States

#31 Jun 1, 2014
I missed Rhymescheme! 8/10 well done, very controlled and very solid.

It's actually out of 110 frik.

77/110
91/110

MVGT Phaze.

“Divide and conquer ”

Brooklyn, New York

#32 Jun 1, 2014
I like this kind of voting system, thanks for the example. And lmao I'll throw in more vocab next time for you. And yeaa my mistake not for finishing it big, I'll keep that in mind and learn from my mistakes. Thanks SRD

Willard, NC

#33 Jun 1, 2014
SRD you've been very helpful, will definitely take heed to those tips, and I was like , TF did he just called me ????? lol, I had to look up the meanin as well, anyways, I agree with you 100%, so yeah, some very usual criticism

Willard, NC

#34 Jun 1, 2014
I think ima lose this one, but I'm comin for your head next time Phaze ( walks out mean muggin )....

“Divide and conquer ”

Brooklyn, New York

#35 Jun 1, 2014
Haha the drake walk and ligature good battle, you have the ability to come up with ample wordplay but if you learn to use personal puns on your opponents, you can hit harder

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hip-Hop Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: Trump calls Election Day 'our Indep... 16 hr Hottie9050 283
News Tupelo's Rae Sremmurd holds No. 1 song in natio... Sat lts_Me 5
News Rapper Kendrick Lamar performs in Miami for Art... Fri Socialbilitty 1
freestyle battle, spit it! (raps only) (Jan '07) Thu Prettyboybrian 38,637
News Kanye West ends Sacramento show after three son... Nov 28 rainmaker2016 10
Tough Love Punchline Text Rap Tourney (Feb '13) Nov 28 Crispy dope 220
News Mariah Carey to Ellen on Split from James Packe... Nov 27 Run Dude RUN 1
More from around the web