Gov't Mule added to Gathering of the Vibes Festival lineup

Jun 12, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: LiveDaily News

Gov't Mule has been added to the roster of the 18th annual Gathering of the Vibes Festival, marking the group's fifth time performing at the Northeast event.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

More drug dealers and more drug users.
America Gentleman Samuel

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

A mule, I'm going this year now that there are farm animals. Anything goes.
HAVENS CLOUD

Trumbull, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

DUDES!!!!!!!!! Stok up fer da year!!!!Delers frum al ovr the us arund the citi..Cops on vakaton excpt in madson restarent..Gt ur perty wile de gurd the kiddyss
LynneB

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

Is Warren Haynes will playing with Gov't Mule? He's one helluva guitarist! First time I saw him play with the Allman Bros., they played "Dreams" and I thought I was listening to Duane. Just awesome!

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

I have tried to like all the many Grateful Dead genre bands, and I just can't. Government Mule, Deep Banana Blackout, Stringcheese incident, etc. And then there is Phish: Grateful Dead sound with a completely aimless random melody, going nowhere without resolution. I spit on any fool who thinks that is good music. Even Rat Dog sucked so bad it was amazing.

“'never'”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

I'm planning on sailing there and just hanging out on the water for at least part of the time. I'll be at a safe distance, just watching the intoxicated bikini chicks. I will subsist on beef jerky and beer. I'll just pee over the side of the boat.

“'never'”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

And come to think of it, I'll shoot bottle rockets at people.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

Citizen seem to have a lot of time of his hands to write stupid comments.

“'never'”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

America Gentleman Samuel wrote:
Yes, you're right. That's me taking countless work breaks... its like a digital cigarette break. Whats even more ridiculous are the losers who analyse my inane posts, searching for any 'Ava-ness' that might be in the posts. Now that's funny! Might as well go back to Topix 2005 and look for hidden alien messages.
LynneB

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Citizen44 wrote:
I have tried to like all the many Grateful Dead genre bands, and I just can't. Government Mule, Deep Banana Blackout, Stringcheese incident, etc. And then there is Phish: Grateful Dead sound with a completely aimless random melody, going nowhere without resolution. I spit on any fool who thinks that is good music. Even Rat Dog sucked so bad it was amazing.
Gov't Mule is about the only one I do like, anymore, but I saw Warren Haynes with the Allman Bros. a long time ago, and still lke him. I like Deep Banana Blackout, too, I know Jen and she's got some vibrant pipes. Can't stand Phish. I used to like moe but they can go on and on forever too. I don't trip anymore. A lot of the music sounded better when I did!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Not my type of music.

“'never'”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

LynneB wrote:
<quoted text>
Gov't Mule is about the only one I do like, anymore, but I saw Warren Haynes with the Allman Bros. a long time ago, and still lke him. I like Deep Banana Blackout, too, I know Jen and she's got some vibrant pipes. Can't stand Phish. I used to like moe but they can go on and on forever too. I don't trip anymore. A lot of the music sounded better when I did!
I love some of the names a lot more than the music-'stringcheese incident'... what is a better name than that? But to me it just never rises to the level of the dead. Yeah Phish is so awful- maybe it's for people who did too much acid.
Yeah there's nothing like that moment when you're feeling the effects of #censored# and the band is really doing it for you. I saw the Allman Brothers way back in college. We climbed up onto this platform thing at a concert, and then couldn't climb down because we were so screwed up on whatever.

“'never'”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Thanks! No one can write 'stupider' comments than me!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

#13 is very true.

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I love some of the names a lot more than the music-'stringcheese incident'... what is a better name than that? But to me it just never rises to the level of the dead. Yeah Phish is so awful- maybe it's for people who did too much acid.
Yeah there's nothing like that moment when you're feeling the effects of #censored# and the band is really doing it for you. I saw the Allman Brothers way back in college. We climbed up onto this platform thing at a concert, and then couldn't climb down because we were so screwed up on whatever.
I've thought up a lot of band names over the years, but was never brave enough to suggest we use them! One was 'Hapless Weenies', because the guys in the band? hapless AND hopeless! Another was 'The Arrogant Bastards', because again, the guys in the band? arrogant and thought their shit didn't stink! They didn't want girls in their band, even though we played and sang better! Ah well, that's in the past, over and done, and I'm "never goin' back again"!(Bonus points if you can tell me the band and the name of the song that phrase came from!)

“'never'”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

LynneB wrote:
<quoted text>
I've thought up a lot of band names over the years, but was never brave enough to suggest we use them! One was 'Hapless Weenies', because the guys in the band? hapless AND hopeless! Another was 'The Arrogant Bastards', because again, the guys in the band? arrogant and thought their shit didn't stink! They didn't want girls in their band, even though we played and sang better! Ah well, that's in the past, over and done, and I'm "never goin' back again"!(Bonus points if you can tell me the band and the name of the song that phrase came from!)
Do you remember the 'French Weasels'? The original guys were college buddies of mine, and the name matched them pretty well. They were a successful area band, they just played area bars and events.

“'never'”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Not my type of music.
Ok, we will look into having the event cancelled.
HAVENS CLOUD

Trumbull, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, we will look into having the event cancelled.
DUDE!!!!! Cnt due dat...kickbacs2 polititics,,, minmumOT dael wit POLCE UNIUN,Busnes paoff 4 deaels to use properte..toomuch $$$$ undr tabl to stopit...

“'never'”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

HAVENS CLOUD wrote:
<quoted text>DUDE!!!!! Cnt due dat...kickbacs2 polititics,,, minmumOT dael wit POLCE UNIUN,Busnes paoff 4 deaels to use properte..toomuch $$$$ undr tabl to stopit...
Sir, what are you on?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

The same stuff you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••