of 2
Next Last
Shini

Korea

#1 Feb 16, 2013
Ten bars from Rome

vs.

Ten Bars from Macedonia

Rome's on point when we SENDING THEM SPEARS we armored sheilded in our FINISHING GEAR
Fellows, country men LEND ME YOUR EARS, Ya'll famous gettin Republic? not tonight WE ENDING THEM QUEERS

Wait Ceaser ended that cause thought he was "Christ", built an Empire cause he was so nice,
we killed him we thought he loved guys but these Mace dudes love “dude love” George Takei-Oh MY!

At least Ceaser made Cleopatra his bitch and gave her the biz
Ya'll kept young boys neck deep in moutains and gave em the d##k

Yeah Rome's had homosexilty, but we ended it, we improved your ideas through awesome penmenship
The world thanks us, it is definitive cause that's how we "Row man" f##k them Greek sentences

Don't hate on us ,We're about love, we invented Valentine's and the sixty-nine
Macedonia and Homer might of started them tricky rhymes, but they be "dicking guys"

Add the fact we numero uno with Roman numerals Numbers show our legions caused Macedonia's funeral
History's got you on scope like ya playin in the Truman Show, don't deny that you haven't been enslavin humans ho

We control time check the calender, Macedonia's going down like the Challenger
We goin off like Pompeii their bodies forlorn and forgotten while the psalms play

We rollin with Divini Filius like Nas say call em' God's Son
We will ether Alex Mac (of macedonia) and crusify this living lie like a "crossed one"

Let The Die Be Cast cause we BRUTS, US, and watch yo back cause we Bru-TUS
Killin ya again is rather SCREWED UP, We bodied you in war and it's the TRUTH CUZ

Mace's b##ches are gettin slashed up Cesearean section, we preach fear as a weapon
Ya just fantasy like Kratos, fact is the Bones of Macadones have paved roads
Shini

Korea

#2 Feb 16, 2013
Ten bars from Rome

vs.

Ten Bars from Macedonia

Rome's on point when we SENDING THEM SPEARS we armored sheilded in our FINISHING GEAR
Fellows, country men LEND ME YOUR EARS, Ya'll famous gettin Republic? not tonight WE ENDING THEM QUEERS

Wait Ceaser ended that cause thought he was "Christ", built an Empire cause he was so nice,
we killed him we thought he loved guys but these Mace dudes love “dude love” George Takei-Oh MY!

At least Ceaser made Cleopatra his bitch and gave her the biz
Ya'll kept young boys neck deep in moutains and gave em the d##k

Yeah Rome's had homosexilty, but we ended it, we improved your ideas through awesome penmenship
The world thanks us, it is definitive cause that's how we "Row man" f##k them Greek sentences

Don't hate on us ,We're about love, we invented Valentine's and the sixty-nine
Macedonia and Homer might of started them tricky rhymes, but they be "d##king guys"

Add the fact we numero uno with Roman numerals Numbers show our legions caused Macedonia's funeral
History's got you on scope like ya playin in the Truman Show, don't deny that you haven't been enslavin humans ho

We control time check the calender, Macedonia's going down like the Challenger
We goin off like Pompeii their bodies forlorn and forgotten while the psalms play

We rollin with Divini Filius like Nas say call em' God's Son
We will ether Alex Mac (of macedonia) and crusify this living lie like a "crossed one"

Let The Die Be Cast cause we BRUTS, US, and watch yo back cause we Bru-TUS
Killin ya again is rather SCREWED UP, We bodied you in war and it's the TRUTH CUZ

Mace's b##ches are gettin slashed up Cesearean section, we preach fear as a weapon
Ya just fantasy like Kratos, fact is the Bones of Macadones have paved roads
Shini

Korea

#3 Feb 16, 2013
Expo Bar 2 George Takei is a famous gay guy that says oh my. That's his catch phrase.

Expo 4 Homer is famous for a novel long poem known as the Odessy and the Exodus

Expo 6- Divini Filius was known as "God's Son" so I though it was clever to compare him to Nas.

Expo Bar 10- Rome invented the C-section
Shini

Korea

#7 Feb 16, 2013
errata

homosexilty

***homosexuality

Yeah, good battle man.
Shini

Seoul, Korea

#8 Feb 17, 2013
Hard to find. Bump for voting.

“Get money ”

Since: Sep 11

Chicago

#9 Feb 17, 2013
Yea that sucks
Seanny T

Calgary, Canada

#10 Feb 17, 2013
I'll vote tomorrow! Tight battle! I'm on vacation do I won't b on a lot I'll b back on every day in like 7-8 days lol
Shini

Seoul, Korea

#11 Feb 18, 2013
Seanny T wrote:
I'll vote tomorrow! Tight battle! I'm on vacation do I won't b on a lot I'll b back on every day in like 7-8 days lol
It's all good and enjoy your vacation. Check out my battle at rap dogs, too. Just enter my name in the search engine and I should pop-up or check the RD1 rounds.

“Read it backwards”

Since: Jan 13

Saint Albans, NY

#12 Feb 18, 2013
Country: I thought this was a tie, they both heavily spoke about connections from their county's.
Flow: Shini got this, chi-towns was a bit scattered
Multis: Chi-Town took this one
Example: "Did he just do a (niki manaj) "reference".....you just
(Ménage) with guys that's your particular "preference" I'm coming for your life....(death sentence), murder em first no ("Roman-vengeance")
Delivery: Chi-Town
Punches: Shini
Nameplay: Chit town got this one, look at the end of his 8th bar.
Enjoyment: Chi-Town

----------

My decision goes to....* drum roll*........ Chi-Town!
I was going back and forth trying to decide but had to choose one, so I gave this vote to Chi.
Nice battle guys.

“Horrocore-Tourna ment 2012CHAMP”

Since: May 11

Calgary, Canada

#13 Feb 18, 2013
flow: shini took it by a hair for me.
multies: chi-town had some gooders.
punches:shini by a hair.
delivery: tie. liked both the same amount, both came hard.
nameplay: chi town had 1 lol. didnt see any from shini.
enjoyment: for me, this was the closest battle to vote on since shini vs hhh like d@mn, this is hard. but for overall enjoyment when i read it i gotta say........shini.
which means the score is:
2 tie
3 for shini
2 for chi-town.
mvgt: shini.
hella dope battle guys!

“Get money ”

Chicago

#14 Feb 18, 2013
Thanks for the votes fellas

“Horrocore-Tourna ment 2012CHAMP”

Since: May 11

Calgary, Canada

#15 Feb 18, 2013
1-1 so far lol this one will b close.
Shini

Seoul, Korea

#16 Feb 18, 2013
Nameplay: Brutus Bruts US/ Alex Maxx/Alec Mac/ Roman/(Row man)/Dude Love<---should of probably explained that one. Name play doesn't just have to be his/my name, it can be a name or words that sound like a name. I think that's 4 lol.

I got name play by a Landslide.

“Get money ”

Chicago

#17 Feb 18, 2013
I thought nameplay was Jim Rome nicki manaj Spartacus Shini etc.... What you described sounds like word play Roman ro-man. Now I'm confused hey shini whenever you get a chance can you break down each catagory with an example cuz I know you be on other forums and you have more experience in this cuz I don't think a lot of people here on topics other than maybe hhh know what it means including myself now.
Shini

Seoul, Korea

#18 Feb 18, 2013
The basic catas

Punches- If lines dissed well
Flow- Self explainitory
Nameplay- If words played off of names or if words sound like names.

(i.e. Charred Rolls (Charles) or Line Us (Linus) Pat C/Patsy)

wordplay-plays off words

that was a strong mistake call it Pow Err
She has bod that kills I wish I could snipe her (sniper)

multis- sets of rhymes that are either exact or slant rhymes.

ALL WORK AND NO PLAY// ALL JERKS ROLED PLAYED// ALL ROLLS FORGAVED

Enjoyment: which one had the ooooooh factor or was more techniqual.

Schemes: How complex were the rhymes.

MVGT= My vote goes to

“Get money ”

Chicago

#20 Feb 19, 2013
I thought every time I brought up a name and somehow tied it to the scheme/rap/multi/flow/wordplay it was considered name play. No matter how you tie it in
Shini

Korea

#21 Feb 19, 2013
chi-town lover wrote:
I thought every time I brought up a name and somehow tied it to the scheme/rap/multi/flow/wordplay it was considered name play. No matter how you tie it in
Good point. It can be used that way.

i.e. the KOTD drop against SRD had alot of varitaions of name play. It actually didn't take that long for me to write that onebecause it was so fun.

Like Dumbfounded is an Asian rapper that appeared in Grind Time and KOTD, but I did Dumb's Found Dead Where I took a name and made it into an expository statement. If you use the name as standalone I think it will depend on the judge.

In example the line

this tre'll Travon Martin Some <-- I am obviously using the name as verb and am alluding to what the outcome of the battle will be. In that case it should work.

Another example of this is

the world has been Kubla Khanned (conned)<-- where you use a name as a synonym to perform a punch.

But standalone names are pretty much up to the mercy of the judge. In case the judges are catching your name plays, but not mine. I think for now on I am just going to either put an expo for each nameplay or just add the word in the diss in paranthesis. I don't think one cata would influence a decision, but I think they should know what name play is prior to voting on nameplay examples. This happened in my HHH match, too. lol
Shini

Korea

#22 Feb 19, 2013
Looking back at yours I noticed three points that would be considered nameplay.
Seanny T

Edmonton, Canada

#23 Feb 19, 2013
Ah see I was voting on nameplay by how many times the contender brought his opponents name into it somehow which chi included shini once. But if we go with nameplay being any name, then I guess shini had more. Doesn't change my vote tho lol. Still tho, epic title match. I wanna see the punch line tourney start lol.

“Get money ”

Chicago

#25 Feb 19, 2013
After counting I had about 9-10 named I dropped that went with the scheme/flow/wordplay etc... Cuz I tied them all in to the rap

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hip-Hop Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
freestyle battle, spit it! (raps only) (Jan '07) 1 hr IllMortal 37,232
IllMortal vs M3nace 3 hr IllMortal 1
Topix Audio Corner 3 hr IllMortal 13
IllMortal vs M3nace 3 hr IllMortal 1
Halloween Horrorcore 3 Signups 4 hr IllMortal 66
Lil Wayne vs. Drake 16 hr TheAfroHedgehog 2
Drake vs Lil Wayne Tour Tickets: Drake and Lil ... 16 hr TheAfroHedgehog 2

Hip-Hop People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE