Why is Tupac so Overrated?
chaice

Mcminnville, OR

#26 Jun 18, 2008
How about Soulja boy LOL
EMW

Decatur, IL

#27 Jun 19, 2008
I disagree with alot of the comments because Biggie 1st album "Ready to Die" was very Deep, He rapped about the main elements u should have in a rap album, Death, Dope Game, Love, Sex, Money, Suicide and had a club banger. It was his best album. He painted pictures in your haed about growin up in Brooklyn, NY and New York City. To me this album had the Best Intro and Outro.

Pac was not overratted when he was alive! If he would have stayed alive his flow and delivery would have got even better. I like pac cause he paints pictures in your head. He died at the wrong time because Pac was gonna become a even bigger Monster in the rap game.

To say Big & Pac is overrated is disrespectful, maybe thats just me.

But at the end of the day everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect yall's comments.

O yeah yall should listen to BIG L he was one of the best of all time too and Big Pun had a tight flow too.
Hip Hop Since 1990

Harpenden, UK

#28 Jul 3, 2008
Hankster

Athens, Greece

#29 Aug 19, 2008
yeah tupac is overrated...
Road To The Riches

London, UK

#30 Aug 19, 2008
I personally prefere Biggie but Pac did have few good things to say although he seemed to be somewhat radical and extreme with his opinions. Although Biggie had an ill flow, tupac was a lot more concious than he was and I guess thats probably the reason why he's more popular today. In terms of conciousness, KRS-One is the best. In terms of flow, Kool G Rap is the best. In terms of punchlines, Big L is the best. In terms of emotion, 2Pac is the best. In terms of commercialism, Jay-Z is the best. But in terms of overall skill, Rakim is the best, he's a very versatile lyracist who I think many people tend to forget about. Well, thats just my opinion. And also, by the way, this is only to those with no real knowledge about Hip Hop, please don't Lil' Wayne in the same sentence as 2Pac and Biggie Smalls. Peace.
SDboy619

Honolulu, HI

#31 Aug 19, 2008
i somewhat agree with you, except i dont think Kool G Rap had better punchlines than Big L, i think Big L had the best punchlines ever, and i think Nas is the best overall in comparison of what you said about Jay-Z
jordan

Jackson, MS

#32 Sep 23, 2008
2pac is the best of all time...."they say it's the white man i should fear but its my own kind doing all da killin here" 2pac shakur{R.I.P}
tyler young

Hastings, NE

#33 Sep 23, 2008
u kidding me tupac isnt overrated no way best rapper ever

“"The world is but a stage."”

Since: Mar 08

A-Town

#34 Sep 23, 2008
"Changes" has gotta be one of the best rap songs ever.
Road To The Riches

Bromley, UK

#35 Sep 24, 2008
SDboy619 wrote:
i somewhat agree with you, except i dont think Kool G Rap had better punchlines than Big L, i think Big L had the best punchlines ever, and i think Nas is the best overall in comparison of what you said about Jay-Z
I never said G Rap had better punchlines, I said better flow. You should check his flows on "Fastlife" with Nas, "Its A Shame", and Ill Street Blues. Him and Rakim where probably the first use the multis.
Austin Lindsay

Driffield, UK

#36 Sep 24, 2008
I think 2 Pac is very overrated, but having said that I didn't like his music at all, because a lot of his tracks were R&B. Big L, followed by Pun, are the greatest deceased rappers of all time, in my opinion.
dummies

Sun Prairie, WI

#37 Sep 24, 2008
pac is not the things he did and said was b4 his time and a lot of rapper 2 day took his style and switch it around dats y he get so much respect and he and the book of world records 4 da most cds sold
Austin Lindsay

Driffield, UK

#38 Sep 24, 2008
dummies wrote:
pac is not the things he did and said was b4 his time and a lot of rapper 2 day took his style and switch it around dats y he get so much respect and he and the book of world records 4 da most cds sold
He may hold some record for most CDs/albums sold, but that doesn't alter anything; it doesn't necessarily mean he is better than another rapper who sold fewer CDs.
Chris

Grandview, TX

#40 Oct 12, 2008
Austin Lindsay wrote:
I think 2 Pac is very overrated, but having said that I didn't like his music at all, because a lot of his tracks were R&B. Big L, followed by Pun, are the greatest deceased rappers of all time, in my opinion.
Im get what your saying L is a better lyricist and pun had a way better flow.Pac was always higher on my top 10 than L though and pun doesnt usually make it (my list always changes) I think ice cube is the greatest west coast rapper and then pac and all those others.Also just think about the fact that canibus vocabulary exceeds pacs by miles.
Rawls

Independence, MO

#41 Oct 13, 2008
What?????????? Biggie is better than tupac? Arew u serious? Tupac was 10 times better than biggie. Tupac was the best MC hands down. He could rap about anything and make it a hit and he wasnt the typical rapper who rap only about money and cars. Most importantly Tupac came at all them sorry ass east coast rappers and none of them had the balls to come back at him(at least not good anyway). I give Jay-z the second place spot before i give it to biggie even though was good and died well before his time, but TUPAC was simply just better than them.
Brando Dabess

United States

#42 Oct 13, 2008
Rawls wrote:
Most importantly Tupac came at all them sorry ass east coast rappers and none of them had the balls to come back at him
Buddy, sorry ass east coast rappers laid the groundwork for what the rap game evolved into.'Sorry' and 'east coast rappers' dont belong in the same sentence unless youre saying sorry for not knowing what you were taking about.
Chris

Grandview, TX

#43 Oct 13, 2008
Brando Dabess wrote:
<quoted text>
Buddy, sorry ass east coast rappers laid the groundwork for what the rap game evolved into.'Sorry' and 'east coast rappers' dont belong in the same sentence unless youre saying sorry for not knowing what you were taking about.
Agreed.Pac stans holding a grudge against the east coast still to this day is one of the most retarded things I have ever seen.The funny thing is 2pac was not only born in New York but lived on the east coast the majority of his life.Also as for him saying the east coast rappers were to scared to come back I dont think they heard DMX's and Mobb Deeps disses and Jay-Z and a few others made a diss that they didnt release because of 2pac's death if 2pac never died I think the east coast would have responded in a big way to 2pac and Death Row.Anyway I could care less about some old beef from the 90s I still like 2pac and the west coast almost as much as east coast rap and that fued didnt change that.
wep

Hampstead, NC

#44 Oct 23, 2008
do any of you pac fans think that pac can flow better than jay-z?

just talking about flow, nothing else.
obviously he is not even close, but for some reason tupac fans think that if they dont say that tupac was #1 in every last category, then its like they are doing something wrong.

lyrically not anywhere near Nas
Flow wise not anywhere near Jay

Please, tupac fans, ask yourselves this question "why is tupac the only rapper on my top 20 without great flow or lyricism?"

Rate pac in the same way and hold him to the same standards that you rate the other 19 rappers on your top 20, and pac wont even be on the list.

Thats the definition of being overrated.
Kapo Kap

UK

#45 Oct 26, 2008
wep wrote:
do any of you pac fans think that pac can flow better than jay-z?
just talking about flow, nothing else.
obviously he is not even close, but for some reason tupac fans think that if they dont say that tupac was #1 in every last category, then its like they are doing something wrong.
lyrically not anywhere near Nas
Flow wise not anywhere near Jay
Please, tupac fans, ask yourselves this question "why is tupac the only rapper on my top 20 without great flow or lyricism?"
Rate pac in the same way and hold him to the same standards that you rate the other 19 rappers on your top 20, and pac wont even be on the list.
Thats the definition of being overrated.
true. people just love the image & the music probably reminds 'em of the first time they got high. he wasn't a great rapper. got some nice tunes tho. can't deny that.
Bean26

United States

#46 Oct 26, 2008
Austin Lindsay wrote:
<quoted text>
He may hold some record for most CDs/albums sold, but that doesn't alter anything; it doesn't necessarily mean he is better than another rapper who sold fewer CDs.
But in a way it does. In Tupac's era there wasn't alot of radio play for rap or hip hop music. For his music to spread by word of mouth to make him the best selling rap artist of all time certainly says something doesnt it? It should because he is still beating out the rap artists of today, whom have radio play and a culture that is more accepting to hip hop/rap then in Pac's day. Pac overrated? Yeah right...Love him or hate him no one can deny he is one of, if not the most influential rap artists of all time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hip-Hop Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kendrick Lamar blasts Trump on Russia 2 hr WGAF 1
freestyle battle, spit it! (raps only) (Jan '07) Mar 25 Xenile Xam 38,715
News Rihanna: Why She Refused To Watch Her 'Weird' '... Mar 25 andet1987 43
News Lionel Richie & Mariah Carey Announce Reschedul... Mar 21 Not gay 2
ciara vs aaliyah (Aug '06) Mar 21 MONEY MURPH 196
Top 10 Rappers Alive (Feb '07) Mar 21 MONEY MURPH 3,566
News Rae Sremmurd to headline Collegea s spring conc... Mar 20 Kmrafs 9
More from around the web