Now Hear This: Reviews of new albums

Now Hear This: Reviews of new albums

There are 4 comments on the Canada.com story from Sep 17, 2013, titled Now Hear This: Reviews of new albums. In it, Canada.com reports that:

Late-career turns to Nashville - think Lionel Richie or Jon Bon Jovi - often have an air of novelty or desperation to them, even if they are bafflingly successful.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Canada.com.

Darren Jeffers

Warrington, UK

#1 Sep 18, 2013
Bafflingly successful? To some perhaps but not to me. Maybe if you fancy it you can read my article on the Bon Jovi phenomenon and that will point you in direction as to why they're so successful but I can't help with Lionel Ritchie

http://musicwallpapers.hubpages.com/hub/The-B...

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#2 Sep 18, 2013
Darren Jeffers wrote:
Bafflingly successful? To some perhaps but not to me. Maybe if you fancy it you can read my article on the Bon Jovi phenomenon and that will point you in direction as to why they're so successful but I can't help with Lionel Ritchie

http://musicwallpapers.hubpages.com/hub/The-B...
Congratulations on your article. Very well written.

But can I add that this band worked its arse off. Bands come and go but BJ are still performing to the masses. The bands that sound great on an album but know how to back it up with live performances they are the ones that stand the test of time. I remember seeing BJ in Sept 1987 and looking forward to Dec 2013 - there is no secret they worked amazingly hard to get to where they are today.
natyb

Toulouse, France

#3 Sep 18, 2013
MarianneL wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations on your article. Very well written.
But can I add that this band worked its arse off. Bands come and go but BJ are still performing to the masses. The bands that sound great on an album but know how to back it up with live performances they are the ones that stand the test of time. I remember seeing BJ in Sept 1987 and looking forward to Dec 2013 - there is no secret they worked amazingly hard to get to where they are today.
Totally agree with you ! Being in a nostalgia mode these days and I have been watching some 80s concerts and interviews and though I find that the sound was not as controlled and perfect as it is since then, I find that they were doing amazingly well already at that time. You could guess they would stay for longer.....nowadays some new artists can do fine at a certain time but many of them don't last over 5 years...
Melissa

United States

#4 Oct 9, 2013
I remember hearing Bon Jovi on my favorite radio station.... clear back when I was 12, 13, 14 years old. But I was too into Tiffany and Michael Jackson and New kids on the block to become obsessed with Bon Jovi... LoL. All those phases passed. Got married, had kids, got divorced, moved ......etc...... But one thing I always had thru those years was at least 1 or 2 BJ CD's. Around 2002'ish, I somehow managed to fall in love with Jon Bon Jovi.....(trust me, it's not hard to do)...... Attended my 1st BJ concert with my sis in 2003, and I have been a DIE-HARD fan ever since. The music, the words, the energy, charisma, charm, the love, and his giving nature are just 'some' of my reasonings for absolutely LOVING this band...... What can I say....? They ROCK!:P

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hip-Hop Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
post hottest artists in atlanta with song !! Fri musikhead415 1
News Could Beyonce finally win album of the year at ... (Feb '17) Fri Stonetemple 3
News Teen Faces Criminal Charges For Playing XXXTENT... Aug 17 hip hop eh 1
freestyle battle, spit it! (raps only) (Jan '07) Aug 16 yoyoyo 38,759
News Lil Wayne says he is done with music... at leas... Aug 14 Tex- 4
Vik Hampton-$ (C.R.E.A.M) Aug 8 Vik 2
News Local band Domino fundraises for Stettler Food ... Aug 8 4 sure 1
More from around the web