First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Shini

Seoul, Korea

#1 Feb 26, 2013
8 bars in 72 hours.

All bars must be a punchline.

Alucard make sure your bars aren't stretched.
SRD if you use an angle related to a source not widely known like neighborhood slang or the name of an electronic device please provide an expo. Both of you should have expos with your bars. I prefer it if you dropped a bar that truely didn't need one cause too many expos get annoying and take away from the interpretation process. I would try to limit the expos 4-6 but you can post more if need be.

“Read it backwards”

Since: Jan 13

Saint Albans, NY

#2 Feb 27, 2013
Expect me to drop around 10pm.

“Read it backwards”

Saint Albans, NY

#3 Feb 28, 2013
I'm calling SRD out to the stand, put up your HANDS,
you couldn't get head, even if you had two GLANDS/

I'd stomp on your chest with my feet, you'd still be "SOLE-LESS",
extracting nothing from your empty mind like a "COLD-PRESS"/

someone pass me the papela, cause this baby's mouth won't SHUT,
constantly yelling like a director, only I physically want to "CUT!"/

start a tantrum again and I'll hit you with my FOREARM to cause MORE HARM,
locked grip on your neck shaking you till your IQ goes down to MORON/

that is what you SCORE ON,nothing more NEITHER LESS
cause I'm EAGER to PRESS this DESSERT EAGLE onto your CHEST/

mark my wordz with a Z, you can call it "ZORRO",
come after me colorblind and you'll have a hard time playin "TORO"

arguing over SILLINESS, don't get caught over WITTINESS, I can get multi platinum's because I know what winning is/

I'm getting to GOLD like a MINER, your getting TOLD like a MINOR, you keep gettin flipped over like the pages in a BINDER/

----------
I hope this doesn't look stretched out cause when I copy n paste this from my notepad, it comes out looking bulky. I rearranged it a bit so it doesn't look that way.

“Read it backwards”

Saint Albans, NY

#4 Feb 28, 2013
Expo #1: when I wrote "sole-less", I was refering to him being with no emotions.I spelt it with "sole" instead of " soul" because I stepped on his chest with my foot.

Expo #2: papela (pa_pee_la) is something a baby sucks on to keep quiet.

Expo #3: when I said "come after me color blind..."
I was saying since a bull is color blind,(in this case, he's the bull) he can't see where he headed for.

And Expo #4: when I said "...your getting told like a minor..." I was saying since he was acting childish, he was getting told by people of what to do.So I called him a minor. The rest should be simple to understand.
@ SRD, no hard feelings, I was just trying to get creative at what was going on between the beef.
Some Random Dude

Post Falls, ID

#5 Mar 1, 2013
Sharpen this pike and plant the stake, the Vaquinsher just call me Van Helsing
A Vlad the Impaler knock off ta break, so I'll knock off Alucard an' watch HellSing

2 bars

Stuck under my roof I'm undaunting, ironic twists of tidings I'm angular made
You fictional unmenacing offspring, who couldn't live up to Dracula's Reign

2 bars

I ripped you out of Dracula's casket, then sprayed you down with Garlic Mace
Throwing a tantrum you went so bat sh*t, you became a bat that sh*t in his cage

2 bars

Stealing Dracula's Name it's backwards, undoing what he did to his entire estate
A Son that never rose who went from master, to me being Master your pride watch it break

2 bars

Expo: Alucard = Dracula backwards

Seriously, this too me seems so obvious. If you can't figure it out just ask specifically. It is a play off of the HellSing series...
Some Random Dude

Post Falls, ID

#6 Mar 1, 2013
Seriously though, I think I missed a few. However, I didn't realize it was 8 bars. So I thought Alucard was stretching so I was too. That's why I probably missed a large amount.

Shame on me for not reading the directions, shame on Shini for not stating the doubling of the bars was going to happen each round.
Shini

Korea

#7 Mar 1, 2013
Some Random Dude wrote:
Seriously though, I think I missed a few. However, I didn't realize it was 8 bars. So I thought Alucard was stretching so I was too. That's why I probably missed a large amount.
Shame on me for not reading the directions, shame on Shini for not stating the doubling of the bars was going to happen each round.
It's okay, just write 4 more and put them together.
Some Random Dude

United States

#8 Mar 1, 2013
Can't think of any, don't know anything 'bout the dude. It would kind of just wreck everything in the first bars. I like the first bars a lot though. :)
Shini

Korea

#9 Mar 2, 2013
[XxAlucardxX"]I'm calling SRD out to the stand, put up your HANDS,
you couldn't get head, even if you had two GLANDS/

It is an okay diss, but not quite a punchline bar.(0/5)

This however is. The punchline would work better if the lines were reversed.(2.5/5)See below. VVV

someone pass me the papela, cause this "baby's mouth won't SHUT"

Same situation. Reverse these. That would have been a nasty haymker here.(2.5/5) VVV
someone pass me the papela, cause this "baby's mouth won't SHUT"

start a tantrum again and I'll hit you with my FOREARM to cause MORE HARM,
locked grip on your neck shaking you till your "IQ goes down to MORON"

This one's alright. I would word the set-up better. The punch is killer.(3.5/5)

that is what you SCORE ON,nothing more NEITHER LESS
cause I'm EAGER to PRESS this DESSERT EAGLE onto your CHEST

Decent gunbar, but not a punchline bar. Nice metaphore though.
(0/5)

mark my wordz with a Z, you can call it "ZORRO",
come after me colorblind and you'll have a hard time playin "TORO"

Ouch, this is probably your best punchline bar. Decent set-up/Decent punch. They both relate. Write punchline bars like this.
(4/5)

arguing over SILLINESS, don't get caught over WITTINESS, I can get multi platinum's because I "know what winning is"/

Your flow throughout has been good. I like the flow up till this point. This however is more of being a braggard. When you battle focus more on dissing the opponent. Decent multis. It's still a punch so I'll give it to you.(3/5)

I'm getting to GOLD like a MINER, your getting TOLD like a MINOR, you keep gettin flipped over like "the pages in a BINDER"/

Ouuuch. This connects well with all your other SRD personals. I would say that closers are important. I always try to end with a strong closer. This is actually a nice closer. I would have probably change told to "scold", but it works.(4.5/5)

Total score: 20/40
SRD, might have a hard time measuring up. He would need a 20/40 for half the bars. I'll have to see.
Some Random Dude

United States

#10 Mar 3, 2013
Due to having the lines the way I do... I don't think I'll get it. Comparing the first four of his bars against my whole thing probably would compare better.
Shini

Korea

#11 Mar 3, 2013
[Some Random Dude"]
Sharpen this pike and plant the stake, the Vaquinsher just call me Van Helsing
A Vlad the Impaler knock off ta break, so I'll knock off Alucard "an' watch HellSing"

Ok. I like the anime theme here. It fits well since Alucard is more known for Castlevania, eventhough he appeared in black and white cinema anyways. That is an excellent opener. Got set-up, good punch.(5/5)

Stuck under my roof I'm undaunting, ironic twists of tidings I'm angular made
You fictional unmenacing offspring, who couldn't live up to "Dracula's Reign"

Interesting slant rhymes here. Wasn't sure if they worked well, but it fits nicely. Again contining the Van Hellsing theme. This is a nice follow up.(5/5)

I ripped you out of Dracula's casket, then sprayed you down with Garlic Mace
Throwing a tantrum you went so bat sh*t, you became a bat that sh*t in his cage

Oh loonybin lines here lol. This despite bing so short is probably the best punchlines SRD's written. Easily understood. The theme continues with a punchline.(This actually gives me an idea for another contest in April.)(5/5)

Stealing Dracula's Name it's backwards, undoing what he did to his entire estate
A Son that never rose who went from master, to me being "Master" your pride "watch it break"

This is a nice finisher. This was well thought out and crafted. The flow is nice and the Hellsing theme is interwoven with the puncheline. This is a nice finish too.(5/5)

Total 20/40. SRD, if you would of written 4 more bars, you would have knocked Alucard out of the ballpark. I eliminated somebody else for dropping half the material, but it wasn't on par to this though.

Expo: Alucard = Dracula backwards
Seriously, this too me seems so obvious. If you can't figure it out just ask specifically. It is a play off of the HellSing series... <--- Thank you SRD. I got this.

I would honestly like to see another 4 bars from both of you to make it fair. This is the first time I ever had a text battle OT. lol.
Some Random Dude

United States

#12 Mar 3, 2013
Well, I can't think of any good follow up lines.. :(
Some Random Dude

United States

#13 Mar 3, 2013
Actually, I got one. Any punch will put me over anyway...

A spine in ya back ya lack, you're a spoiled immortal bab'
I'll bring Dracula back, to slap you into the Colonial Age

Bab'=Baby
Shini

Seoul, Korea

#14 Mar 3, 2013
I'm going to check with Alucard to see if he is cool with it. If not, both of you will do 4 bars each. I already gave you the option to write 4 more bars prior to this and I came back and you decided not to. You had good material, but it is supposed to be 8 bars vs. 8 bars. That is like turning in a 4 page college paper to the professor on the deadline and then walking in after you got graded with the other four. Any professor would blow their top even though you wrote well.

To me, I think the fairest option is just have you both write 4 bars. I would of most definitely ruled in your favor had you wrote 8 bars the first time around. I understand you had a theme going, but is isn't that hard to add a bar here and there.

Another option I could do is make a poll and see what the general consensus thinks of this. They could either vote your way, his way, or ask both of you do 4 more bars.
Some Random Dude

United States

#15 Mar 3, 2013
I like the vote, sounds nice to me.

“Horrocore-Tourna ment 2012CHAMP”

Since: May 11

Calgary, Canada

#16 Mar 3, 2013
i dont have time to break down right now, but heres a short, sweet version:

MVGT: SRD by a hair. this was close. veeeery close lol. but i think srd took it. id also like to see them do another 4 bars each, but i honestly think srd took it overall.
if u want me to do a full break down, ill see when i have time to do one. im super busy right now. but yeah. good job to both MC's. great battle to read.
Shini

Seoul, Korea

#17 Mar 3, 2013
Ok then, I'm throwing a poll up. It will be in a seperate thread.

It will be titled SRD vs. Alucard: Should there be an OT?

“Read it backwards”

Saint Albans, NY

#18 Mar 3, 2013
Sure, let's go another 4 bars.
Shini

Seoul, Korea

#19 Mar 3, 2013
Shini

Korea

#20 Mar 4, 2013
XxAlucardxX wrote:
Sure, let's go another 4 bars.
Okay Alucard's down. This will determine the undisputed winner between you two. I don't want debates. I need to see who will be the clear winner.

In corny Organik voice: "4 Bars, LOVE HURTS LET'S GO!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hip-Hop Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jay Z, Russell Simmons Meet With New York Gover... 8 hr simou94 16
freestyle battle, spit it! (raps only) (Jan '07) 22 hr Evolusean 37,357
Verse Classic Wed Poly 1
New York Post Calls Jay Z "Ex-Crack Dealer" In ... Dec 23 TEK_OG 6
Topix Audio Corner Dec 21 IllMortal 18
Phaze vs evolusean 2014 horrorcore final Dec 19 Evolusean 6
Police Arrest Rapper Bobby Shmurda, 14 Others o... Dec 18 big chimpin 1
More from around the web