Wedding Fever at the Grammys

Jan 26, 2014 Read more: Bellingham Herald 22

Mary Lambert performs "Same Love" at the 56th annual Grammy Awards at Staples Center on Sunday, Jan. 26, 2014, in Los Angeles.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chance

Grove City, PA

#1 Jan 27, 2014
Marriage cheapened while all wrapped up with glamour, celebrities, and spectacle, and that would be the case even if it were all straight couples.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#2 Jan 27, 2014
Chance wrote:
Marriage cheapened while all wrapped up with glamour, celebrities, and spectacle, and that would be the case even if it were all straight couples.
At yet there was a two hour "the Bachelor" wedding special on another channel last night. Couldn't cheapen marriage any more than that!
Go Daddy

Stafford, VA

#3 Jan 27, 2014
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>At yet there was a two hour "the Bachelor" wedding special on another channel last night. Couldn't cheapen marriage any more than that!
You're just Jealous that it wasn't two queers getting married on television.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#4 Jan 27, 2014
Chance wrote:
Marriage cheapened while all wrapped up with glamour, celebrities, and spectacle, and that would be the case even if it were all straight couples.
You say that as if they had reached some sort of new low here. Not even close.

Chance

Grove City, PA

#5 Jan 27, 2014
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>At yet there was a two hour "the Bachelor" wedding special on another channel last night. Couldn't cheapen marriage any more than that!
I don't watch that either, but wasn't just one couple rather than the mass group marriage thing? Anybody who would have a wedding like that isn't truly serious about the marriage. They are far more interested in the size of the audience.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#6 Jan 27, 2014
Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't watch that either, but wasn't just one couple rather than the mass group marriage thing? Anybody who would have a wedding like that isn't truly serious about the marriage. They are far more interested in the size of the audience.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/g alleries/2012/09/02/mass-weddi ngs-by-sun-myung-moon-photos.h tml

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#7 Jan 27, 2014
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#8 Jan 27, 2014
Go Daddy wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just Jealous that it wasn't two queers getting married on television.
Interesting comment, coming from someone with the name "Go Daddy."

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#9 Jan 27, 2014
Chance wrote:
Marriage cheapened while all wrapped up with glamour, celebrities, and spectacle, and that would be the case even if it were all straight couples.
Do you actually take yourself seriously? With couples in Las Vegas being married by Elvis look-alikes and Disney weddings performed by Mickey Mouse, you seriously think gays imitating the glitz of straight weddings is somehow cheapening it?

You are truly a dingbat.
shakey

Warrenville, IL

#12 Jan 27, 2014
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>At yet there was a two hour "the Bachelor" wedding special on another channel last night. Couldn't cheapen marriage any more than that!
just because one was cheap, it doesn't mean that the other was any less cheap or tasteless. there isn't one decent thing on television (network or otherwise) that's worth watching. the creators of today's television shows cater to the lowest form of intelligence there is and the sponsors don't care as long as it sells their products. you can't SAY the wrong thing on tv or they'll take your show off the air and call you a bigot. but you can SHOW anything you want as long as it's in the name of the arts. beyonce's opening act was a disgusting disgrace and how a new mother of a baby girl can go on stage and behave like a common slut is beyond me. she has a beautiful body....we get it already.
shakey

Warrenville, IL

#13 Jan 27, 2014
Go Daddy wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just Jealous that it wasn't two queers getting married on television.
the only "queer" thing was the whole show....and i don't mean anything about it being gay.
Go Daddy

Stafford, VA

#14 Jan 27, 2014
shakey wrote:
<quoted text>the only "queer" thing was the whole show....and i don't mean anything about it being gay.
How long you been a fagg@t?
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#15 Jan 27, 2014
Chance wrote:
Marriage cheapened while all wrapped up with glamour, celebrities, and spectacle, and that would be the case even if it were all straight couples.
The group of 34 couples did include straight couples.

You'd have seen that, plain as day, had you watched it in the first place. And since you didn't watch it, why are you all up in arms over something you didn't watch?
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#16 Jan 27, 2014
shakey wrote:
<quoted text>
just because one was cheap, it doesn't mean that the other was any less cheap or tasteless. there isn't one decent thing on television (network or otherwise) that's worth watching. the creators of today's television shows cater to the lowest form of intelligence there is and the sponsors don't care as long as it sells their products. you can't SAY the wrong thing on tv or they'll take your show off the air and call you a bigot. but you can SHOW anything you want as long as it's in the name of the arts. beyonce's opening act was a disgusting disgrace and how a new mother of a baby girl can go on stage and behave like a common slut is beyond me. she has a beautiful body....we get it already.
then it's time to just disconnect the cable or antenna.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#17 Jan 27, 2014
Go Daddy wrote:
<quoted text>
How long you been a fagg@t?
How long have you been without?
shakey

Warrenville, IL

#18 Jan 29, 2014
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
then it's time to just disconnect the cable or antenna.
you are absolutely right, but it's not enough! it's also time to send a message to any sponsors who support shows like this. don't buy what they're selling!
shakey

Warrenville, IL

#19 Jan 29, 2014
Go Daddy wrote:
<quoted text>
How long you been a fagg@t?
i'm straight, but it's obvious you've been an idiot all your life!
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#20 Jan 29, 2014
shakey wrote:
<quoted text>
you are absolutely right, but it's not enough! it's also time to send a message to any sponsors who support shows like this. don't buy what they're selling!
those attempts haven't proven successful in the past.

didn't work with disneyland or their products once they'd begun offering same sex partner benefits.
didn't work with levi's. and since walmart now offers same sex partner benefits, i doubt there'll be a move to boycott them, considering how folks that are against same sex marriage flock there to get their stuff.
hasn't worked for the cities and states across the country that began offering same sex partner benefits to their employees - folks didn't start moving out and staying away from those counties and cities.
has aflac lost customers since they offer same sex partner benefits? nope.
has home depot and lowes been hurt by any possible boycotts due to their benefit plans offering to same sex partners? not judging by the value of their stocks....
or how about the detroit big 3 auto makers? they all offer same sex partner benefits, too. don't see any boycotts going on with them.
as a matter of fact, last edecember cnn reported that there's a record number of employers offering same sex partner benefits and have included in their policies not to discriminate agains homosexuals.

good luck with that. not sure any network will be listening to you, considering they all offer same sex partner benefits, too.
shakey

Warrenville, IL

#21 Jan 31, 2014
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
those attempts haven't proven successful in the past.
didn't work with disneyland or their products once they'd begun offering same sex partner benefits.
didn't work with levi's. and since walmart now offers same sex partner benefits, i doubt there'll be a move to boycott them, considering how folks that are against same sex marriage flock there to get their stuff.
hasn't worked for the cities and states across the country that began offering same sex partner benefits to their employees - folks didn't start moving out and staying away from those counties and cities.
has aflac lost customers since they offer same sex partner benefits? nope.
has home depot and lowes been hurt by any possible boycotts due to their benefit plans offering to same sex partners? not judging by the value of their stocks....
or how about the detroit big 3 auto makers? they all offer same sex partner benefits, too. don't see any boycotts going on with them.
as a matter of fact, last edecember cnn reported that there's a record number of employers offering same sex partner benefits and have included in their policies not to discriminate agains homosexuals.
good luck with that. not sure any network will be listening to you, considering they all offer same sex partner benefits, too.
my disgust wasn't with the same sex marriage part of the show. i'm actually for same sex marriage, i just dont't think it belonged on an award show, but i guess since so many people watch it, it was actually the perfect forum. i was referring to the disgusting spectacle that beyonce put on. if i want to see a burlesque show, i would go to one.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#22 Jan 31, 2014
shakey wrote:
<quoted text>
my disgust wasn't with the same sex marriage part of the show. i'm actually for same sex marriage, i just dont't think it belonged on an award show, but i guess since so many people watch it, it was actually the perfect forum. i was referring to the disgusting spectacle that beyonce put on. if i want to see a burlesque show, i would go to one.
LOL. sorry.

i missed Beyonce entirely. just tuned in about the last 45 minutes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hip-Hop Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jehovah's Witness and her baby die after she re... 2 hr MarcelB 83
freestyle battle, spit it! (raps only) (Jan '07) 4 hr TakTikz 37,624
News Kanye West pleads no contest in battery case (Mar '14) 8 hr fartbox 7
News Iggy Azalea, Katy Perry hijacked black culture:... 8 hr lotus order 6
News Iggy Azalea's shopping excursion in Ferrari tur... 10 hr Bobby T Canada 6
News Naughty Boy 'sad' this generation won't have a ... 16 hr Suspicious 1
News In State of City speech, Coleman lists reasons ... Fri PB in Saint Paul 1
More from around the web