Macklemore wins Hip Hop Grammy, talks...

Macklemore wins Hip Hop Grammy, talks on white privilege

There are 157 comments on the Examiner.com story from Jan 29, 2014, titled Macklemore wins Hip Hop Grammy, talks on white privilege. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

The racial divide is a nasty concept that affects everything in life. Nothing is safe, especially not music.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

“All Because You Said It...”

Since: Feb 11

USA

#140 Feb 27, 2014
Mellow Prophet wrote:
So many(not all) here have been deceived and are now on automatic. Deceived by whom? The devil, who is no respecter of color, but will use color(nee race) to further his ultimate goal of separating men from God as he himself is. Rap(for the most part) is an effective instrument whereby the devil plants the seeds of negativity and continually cultivates them until those who imbibe are led to destruction. These seeds of negativity are(in part):
Greed
Adultery
Constant references to sex, freakiness, etc.
Lack of committment
Wasting time/Being a sluggard
Drug addiction as being positive
Being free(as in not wanting responsibility)
Making babies(like making a sandwich....same thing)
Getting something for nothing
Name calling
Blaming "Whitey"
Playing the race card
Going nowhere with nothing to do
Wasting money
Disdain for authority
The constant repetition of these messages are creating serious evil in the world. Many will deny it, but such is the nature of addition. Many have and will continue to put a positive spin on it calling it "keeping it real" and other pet phrases which makes satan happy and keeps the sheep "skinning and grinning".
Why do what seems like 99% of Black Women prefer the hair of others rather than themselves? Don't say because it's easier to manage because people will jump through some serious hoops if they feel it contributes to elevating their self esteem and from what I can see, the hair of the African isn't one of them. HOLD ON!!!
Some of what you stated was in fact true. One example I'd agree with you on is the fact that satan does use music and ideolism as a source to do evil by sending mixed and sinful messages for it's listeners or for it's followers to interpret. However did you know that when a musician or artist becomes successful he or she is literally signing his soul over to Satan. Even Gospel singers are not exempt from this. But understand that only "some" is the key word and not all. Gods artist are also in this mix you are generalizing unconvincingly. You really lost me when you went off into the childish rant about black women, hair and how it supposedly elevates their esteem when black women in the masses go to beauty salons by the boatload and usually don't come out with there hair styled down like a becky come on what world are you living in.
Jalian

London, UK

#141 Feb 27, 2014
Kendreya wrote:
The only reason he won that Grammy was because white people like him. I don't think he is all that or even half way there. That is the reason we have the BET Awards so that we don't have to just go with the flow and agree with the decisions of the majorly white opinionated music award shows. They try to control and run it now. Hip-hop is our culture. Many of the really great R & B , hip-hop, and rap artists that we like don't get awarded at those shows. Rihanna usually gets everything in the R & B category but there are many female R & B artists that sing better and in my opinion, have better music. When it comes to hip-hop you will never see Tupac or Nas win anything over a white rapper who can't even half way rap well or a black rapper who talks about how much he loves white girls and has a million of them in his videos. WHO CARES ABOUT THE GRAMMY'S
Fcuk the Grammys and Fcuk white people.

Do your own Grammys and run your own businesses. Simple.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#142 Feb 27, 2014
Black Pride,

You have "some" good perceptions. But if you want to broaden your audience, you may want to reconsider your headline: " Dat wuz F***ed up " because it is a phrase that denotes a young and immature mindset. You can do better.

Also, what are the differences and similarities between Black Pride and White Pride? What are the pros and cons of each?

Thanks in advance.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#143 Feb 27, 2014
TO ALL: Sorry about the double posting

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#144 Mar 1, 2014
Iggy Azelea wrote:
<quoted text>
Black men opened the floodgates for white and latina women to take the place of black women in r&b and rap music,this is just karma taking place.
This so true! That was black rappers first slap in the face to black female fans. Black men in their videos, replaced black women with white women, Latinas and even Asian women with a few light skin and biracial women hanging in there in but then the black rappers got rid of even most of the light skin and biracial women also. Black rappers purposely created an unrealistic world with their videos of only them, black men with white women and other nonblack women. Black women virtually disappeared. Black female fans should have withdraw all of their support and boycotted black rappers right and there then. Stupidazz black rappers should have realized that by adding nonblack women to their rap music, performances and videos that it was only a matter of time before those nonblack women's same race men were going to start rapping also.

Location hidden

#145 Mar 1, 2014
Kendreya wrote:
The only reason he won that Grammy was because white people like him. I don't think he is all that or even half way there. That is the reason we have the BET Awards so that we don't have to just go with the flow and agree with the decisions of the majorly white opinionated music award shows. They try to control and run it now. Hip-hop is our culture. Many of the really great R & B , hip-hop, and rap artists that we like don't get awarded at those shows. Rihanna usually gets everything in the R & B category but there are many female R & B artists that sing better and in my opinion, have better music. When it comes to hip-hop you will never see Tupac or Nas win anything over a white rapper who can't even half way rap well or a black rapper who talks about how much he loves white girls and has a million of them in his videos. WHO CARES ABOUT THE GRAMMY'S
Now black rappers are being replaced by white rappers, well boo boo who, lol ! Black men did the exact thing in their own rap videos by deleting most black women dancers and replacing them white and other nonblack women. It seems black men can't take what they can dish out. I remember when I was a teenager back in the day, the first white rapper had jealous, insecure black rappers enrage! His easy flowing rap and chiseled good looks had the black women swooning back then. The black men hated it and tried to destroy him.

Diva On Da Rise

Nassau, Bahamas

#147 Mar 1, 2014
Capree wrote:
<quoted text>
Now black rappers are being replaced by white rappers, well boo boo who, lol ! Black men did the exact thing in their own rap videos by deleting most black women dancers and replacing them white and other nonblack women. It seems black men can't take what they can dish out. I remember when I was a teenager back in the day, the first white rapper had jealous, insecure black rappers enrage! His easy flowing rap and chiseled good looks had the black women swooning back then. The black men hated it and tried to destroy him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rog8ou-ZepEXX
Am happy he won to be honest...lol Whatever the white man touchs (joins)he takes over, black men should know this by now....black men can't invite the white women to rap and not expect white men to come also
Black girl

United States

#148 Mar 1, 2014
Iggy Azelea wrote:
<quoted text>
Black men opened the floodgates for white and latina women to take the place of black women in r&b and rap music,this is just karma taking place.
yep,it boomeranged on them
The One Who Got Away

London, UK

#150 Mar 2, 2014
Capree wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rog8ou-ZepEXX
I was cool with what you wrote until this part "...had the black women swooning back then", that is disgusting on so many levels. It makes you sound cheap and easy. Please stop.

Location hidden

#151 Mar 2, 2014
Diva On Da Rise wrote:
<quoted text>Am happy he won to be honest...lol Whatever the white man touchs (joins)he takes over, black men should know this by now....black men can't invite the white women to rap and not expect white men to come also
Exactly! Black men help to make rap cultural diverse because they put nonblack women in them but were not wise enough to realize this was giving white men and other nonblack men a foot in the door. White men have created and keep so many successful things
solely their own. Yet the biggest creation of black men, they let slip through their fingers trying to get next to nonblack tail. So I say to white men take rap, run with and make it your own! Because black rappers where dumb enough to just hand it over to you.
Ricki

Saratoga, CA

#152 Mar 2, 2014
Capree wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! Black men help to make rap cultural diverse because they put nonblack women in them but were not wise enough to realize this was giving white men and other nonblack men a foot in the door. White men have created and keep so many successful things
solely their own. Yet the biggest creation of black men, they let slip through their fingers trying to get next to nonblack tail. So I say to white men take rap, run with and make it your own! Because black rappers where dumb enough to just hand it over to you.
You're right they are dumb and they take everything at face value.Why would young white men want to watch endless videos of white strippers draped around black men,they want to see themselves onscreen.
Black men are now celebrating the fact that Pharrell Williams doesn't have any black women on his new album cover.Saying black women are jealous and he has the right choose want he wants.The same Pharrell that produces music for Justin Timberlake and Robin Thicke instead of Usher.Where is the black equivalent of Justin Bieber ?

Location hidden

#153 Mar 2, 2014
Ricki wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right they are dumb and they take everything at face value.Why would young white men want to watch endless videos of white strippers draped around black men,they want to see themselves onscreen.
Black men are now celebrating the fact that Pharrell Williams doesn't have any black women on his new album cover.Saying black women are jealous and he has the right choose want he wants.The same Pharrell that produces music for Justin Timberlake and Robin Thicke instead of Usher.Where is the black equivalent of Justin Bieber ?
I agree. Many black men think the white men who listen to rap and watch rap videos, want to them but these white men sees themselves with the video dancers. Wm know that they born with more social status and opportunities so there is no way they want to be or look like back men. Most black men will rejoice in anything they see as excluding black women especially by another black man, without realizing that this is to their own detriment also. True there won't be a black Bieber or Timberlake because when white men get into the mix they can go further with it than black men can.

Location hidden

#158 Mar 2, 2014
The One Who Got Away wrote:
<quoted text>
I was cool with what you wrote until this part "...had the black women swooning back then", that is disgusting on so many levels. It makes you sound cheap and easy. Please stop.
Ok, is that because you don't like the word swoon(by ecstatic joy) or when it's used in reference to black women? Because all races of women have swooned over a specific male celebrity at on time or another be it white women swooning over Brad Pitt or Justin Timberlack or black women swooning over Babyface or Will Smith.

Location hidden

#159 Mar 2, 2014
vibzme wrote:
<quoted text>
Touche!
Now how do you think those white men are born with more social status?
How can the US that's a sh.it hole with no resources able to thrive the way it is for a few years now?
In a nutshell, you are stating the obvious that we already know. How stupid can you ever be.
To be honest, one should just allow Black women to speak and see how foolish you all sound altogether. You have answer your own question that you've been asking for years, even.
You are just plain stupid!
Touche??? I think Einstein, that you either touch or touched. Of course I am stating the obvious but the obvious fact never stop some foolish sounding black men from claiming that white men envy them. You are the stupid one.

Location hidden

#161 Mar 2, 2014
vibzme wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does it bother you, when you also claim that everyone is mixed.
You are obviously not satisfied with what you have in your lap.
Go figure.
Most AAs not all black people, are multiracial but that doesn't mean we are biracial. I love being a brown skin, pretty AA woman.
Brilliant Disguise

Bastrop, TX

#162 Mar 2, 2014
uppercut wrote:
Who cares?. Hip hop is retard music anyways.
I agree. Giving a Grammy for hip-hop is like giving a coyote a Calvin Klein modeling contract.

Location hidden

#165 Mar 2, 2014
vibzme wrote:
<quoted text>
You have just defeated your own purpose and logic without my input.
I was just trying to educate you a bit but I see it's impossible to tear down your wall of ignorance.

Location hidden

#168 Mar 2, 2014
vibzme wrote:
<quoted text>
What the fck are you talking about?
This is what happens when you drink too much white a.s.s water everyday.
You make no fcking sense at all.
Do you need a brick wall to fall on your dumbazz? Obviously you do. You are on trying to sound intelligent and act pompous but you are showing your stupidity with every post.

Location hidden

#169 Mar 2, 2014
vibzme wrote:
<quoted text>
Real men, have no time with miniscule junk that's irrelevant.
Its either you make sense or not.
And by you taking up for her makes her look even worst, because you couldn't decipher her own unintelligent nonsense.
I was waiting for you to have actually explain what she meant.
But i guess you fckers are from the same crop, worthless and needs to be eradicated for better modified seeds in the next planting season.
Both Conjurer and I were just trying to stop you from making an even bigger fool of yourself than you already have but I guess like in the circus, the clowns must go on. You probably won't understand what that means either.
Conjurer

Phoenix, AZ

#170 Mar 2, 2014
vibzme wrote:
even worst
Even "worst"?

Nighur-run school in your ghetto? Was that the problem? Get hooked on crack, you illiterate ape. Phonics is killing you.

I "took up" for her because she's making you look like a fool, simian. Gotta give the lady some respect for that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hip-Hop Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Java talks to R. Kelly about the CAVS, Michael ... 2 hr Amused Octopus 1
Hip hop is shit - youre dumb if you listen to it (May '13) 14 hr AD_IV 79
News Will Smith, Jada Pinkett Smith join Obama youth... Sat mhvmjr 5
News Black Eyed Peas rapper tells students to follow... Fri Sheri Ann 1
News Ex-member of Fetty Wap's Remy Boyz charged in s... Apr 28 dajoker 1
Bringing Real Hip Hop Back Apr 28 Krazy Koomz 2
freestyle battle, spit it! (raps only) (Jan '07) Apr 28 Krazy Koomz 38,520
More from around the web