brett wise

Pampa, TX

#3682 Oct 19, 2012
your saying ill mind of hopsin 5 just rips on mainstream rappers thats bullshit it has great lyrics great flow a great beat he made by himself by the way and the deepest message i have ever seen in a rap song watsky is amazing and very fast and also underrated eminem his new stuff is mediocre encore sucked but the eminem show marshal mathers lp slim shady lp 8 mile soundtrack relapse the slim shady ep and the underated album infinite more then make up for it so shut your fucking mouth the real and stop riding nas dick
matthewt

Washington, DC

#3683 Oct 20, 2012
WTF IS THIS
Linkin Fan

Islamabad, Pakistan

#3684 Oct 21, 2012
My List
1.Mike Shinoda,Everyone Forgets About Him,He's The Best.
2.Eminem,You Know It....
3.Taboo,Black Eyed Peas
4.Jay Z,Jigga What
5.Ryu,Fort Minor
6.Twista,For Fastest Rapping
7.Cyprus Hill
8.John Cena,HE'S A RAPPER.
9.Flo Rida,Whistle
10.Busta Rhumes.WOW I Like His Song Featuring Linkin Park Together We Made It
brett wise

Pampa, TX

#3685 Oct 22, 2012
WHAT ABOUT HOPSIN AND WATSKY AND THE GAME AND 2 PAC AND BIGGIE AND WHY IS FLO RIDA ON THERE AND WHY IS JOHN CENA ON THERE AND WHY IS TABOO ON THERE AND WHY IS JAY ZE SO HIGH ON YOUR LIST YOUR LIST IS FRICKING TERRIBLE LINKIN FAN IM SORRY YOUR A IDIOT IM SO MAD I MADE THIS POST IN ALL CAPS WHO DOES THAT
young carter

Somerset West, South Africa

#3686 Oct 23, 2012
1-lil wayne
2-rick ross
3-birdman
4-nicky minaj
5-drake
6-jay-z
7-Daniel vernis
8-kanya west
9-t-pain
10-eminem
Thami Radebe

South Africa

#3687 Oct 26, 2012
Why hasn't Drake been on the list of best rappers alive
Shini

Korea

#3688 Oct 26, 2012
Thami Radebe wrote:
Why hasn't Drake been on the list of best rappers alive
No offense to Drake. He's alright, but I can name at least 30 rappers of the top of my head that are better than him.
Two Face

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#3689 Oct 27, 2012
Drake's not even a rapper anymore lol, his latest album should have been labeled r&b, he sang on most of the tracks.
And to the people who put ANYONE from ymcmb on there list really does not no hip hop listen to some slick Rick or some outkast. It's called the top ten rappers alive not the top ten rappers who put out b.s. I get in a fight with people at school who think lil wayne nicki minaji etc are the greatest rappers of all time

Since: Oct 12

Ludhiana, India

#3690 Oct 29, 2012
between all of them lil wayne is best
The ReaL

Fond Du Lac, WI

#3691 Oct 29, 2012
Hopsin is yet to even release an album, there's so many rappers at his level that don't get attention. He doesn't influence anyone like someone like Nas did too, so stop riding Hopsin's dick bud. Here, I'll even put Rakim ahead of him. Hopsin will leave a little mark in the game but nothing like those ahead of him. Plus the dudes voice makes me wanna punch little babies after a while. He has no right himself to rip on anyone. He's a nobody at this point. There's a reason no major label has signed him. I'd rather ride a person who had, what most considered the greatest rap album to ever be made, then a mediocre clown who is average at rapping. And those saying Lil Wayne is the best, you're fucking idiots. Every song is the same, no originality, I swear I can predict every punchline he says without even listening to the song once. Pick up Good Kid m.A.A.d City if you want a real Hip-Hop Album
Two Face

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#3692 Oct 29, 2012
franklin067 wrote:
between all of them lil wayne is best
smh, I know everyone is entitled to there own opinion but c'mon man. Stop being a follower and stop listening to what these teenagers say lil wayne is not the best, period.
I'm not saying he's bad but he's no where near the best.
The ReaL

Fond Du Lac, WI

#3693 Nov 2, 2012
Being a teenager myself, I can't stand mainstream rap. It's all the same, catchy hooks and punchlines that are all predictable. Hip-Hop wasn't started to get played on the radio and to walk around like a movie star. It was self expression and meaning, it all had soul or it would show you a glimpse of what some people went through. Not bitches, weed, and money. As much as I do like my new school hip-hop artists (Such as K-Dot, J Cole, KRIT) They don't compare to the older stuff. I just hope people start realizing where music is going. It's not that it's evolving like many believe, it's losing it's purpose. Hope we all can get it together
DEEZNUTZ

Granite Bay, CA

#3694 Nov 19, 2012
afrika bambaataa wrote:
but, once again Ice Cube and Chuck D are tossed out from another list!
Ya stupid.....cmon be realistic.

1. Kendrick Lamar
2. Eminem
3. Mos Def
4. Nas
5. Jay-Z
6. Drake
7. Kanye West
8. Lil' Wayne
9. Tyga
10. Wale
Vincent

Muncy, PA

#3695 Nov 19, 2012
Dylan, Dylan, and Dylan. I spit hot fire son. You want some of this hot fire?
ronones

Pittsburgh, PA

#3699 Dec 10, 2012
Shini

Korea

#3700 Dec 10, 2012
Actually Hopsin relseased two albums. He made Gazing at the Moonlight by Ruthless and Raw by his Funk Volume brand. He got offered three deals and turned them down. He is trying to make his own brand stand out. Get your facts straight. He hasn't released an album in almost three years. But I will say Nas and Rakim should be placed higher than him. He hasn't been around long enough to say he is really greater than them.

I co-sign the Lil Wayne comment.
The ReaL wrote:
Hopsin is yet to even release an album, there's so many rappers at his level that don't get attention. He doesn't influence anyone like someone like Nas did too, so stop riding Hopsin's dick bud. Here, I'll even put Rakim ahead of him. Hopsin will leave a little mark in the game but nothing like those ahead of him. Plus the dudes voice makes me wanna punch little babies after a while. He has no right himself to rip on anyone. He's a nobody at this point. There's a reason no major label has signed him. I'd rather ride a person who had, what most considered the greatest rap album to ever be made, then a mediocre clown who is average at rapping. And those saying Lil Wayne is the best, you're fucking idiots. Every song is the same, no originality, I swear I can predict every punchline he says without even listening to the song once. Pick up Good Kid m.A.A.d City if you want a real Hip-Hop Album
endstate

Leeds, UK

#3701 Dec 17, 2012
10.xzibit
9.nate dog
8.sticky fingers
7.d12
6.rbx
5.twista
4.busta ryhmes
3.dr dre
2.50 cent
1.eminem
endstate

Leeds, UK

#3702 Dec 17, 2012
2pac was the best until he died so eminem took over
endstate

Leeds, UK

#3703 Dec 17, 2012
10.xzibit
9.nate dog
8.sticky fingers
7.d12
6.rbx
5.twista
4.busta ryhmes
3.50 cent
2.dr dre
1.eminem
rapgenius

Berlin, CT

#3704 Dec 23, 2012
1. Nas
2. Jay z
3. Rakim
4. Eminem
5. Jadakiss
6. LL Cool J
7. Raekwon
8. Redman
9. Method Man
10. Snoop

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hip-Hop Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Diss the emcee above you! (Feb '13) 3 hr DJacob 262
freestyle battle, spit it! (raps only) (Jan '07) 7 hr MC Double K 37,576
I'm number 1 on the ReverbNation Hip Hop Local ... 9 hr PRESLEY aka KRONIK 1
I'm number 24 on the ReverbNation Hip Hop Natio... 9 hr PRESLEY aka KRONIK 1
The ReverbNation Hip Hop Local charts (Top 10). 9 hr PRESLEY aka KRONIK 1
Kendrick Lamar tops Billboard 200 for first tim... Mar 25 Jeane Jackson 1
10 Greatest Non-mainstream Rappers of All-Time (Apr '09) Mar 21 E-Dubble_27 5
More from around the web